Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #519
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have a 5th gen ipod ("ipod with video" 60 GB) running the newest firmware from Apple.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #520
saabsonic

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 1SS RS
Best solution for our Camaros, and most head units supporting MP3/iPod/iPhone is to use an older 5th gen iPod video. This is the black/silver/white iPod with a hard drive and color screen.

Buy a used iPod video on ebay and leave it in yor car, it will work perfectly.

At least two techs (Kenwood and Pioneer) have explained that the iPod Touch and iPhone "simply have too much going on" to work consistently as a remotely controlled MP3 player with a car head unit.
saabsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #521
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsonic View Post
Best solution for our Camaros, and most head units supporting MP3/iPod/iPhone is to use an older 5th gen iPod video. This is the black/silver/white iPod with a hard drive and color screen.

At least two techs (Kenwood and Pioneer) have explained that the iPod Touch and iPhone "simply have too much going on" to work consistently as a remotely controlled MP3 player with a car head unit.
I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I just want to make sure that folks know that an older ipod with video (like mine) does not consistently work either. But, I do believe after reading this thread that they seem to work better and more often than the newer ipods do. Also, the ipod classics which are still being made by Apple are essentially the same ipod as the ipod with video. So, you can still get those new.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #522
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
My Iphone worked from December 5th until 2 weeks ago in my car before it would do nothing. The previous post about the 3GS not being supported cannot be correct because mine worked. After it quit working i started using my flash drive and it was working until This past Friday. Got to be in the car not the Ipone or its software version. Nothing works in my usb now, Iphone, flashdrive, nor My son's Zune.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #523
Darth_Emma

I think GM needs to fix the firmware in the radio. It is definitely glitchy. I have the current firmware and it still acts up.

My dealer ordered a new PDIM for me and it came in today. Right now, my ipod is working, but I think I'll have them put in the new module anyway just in case.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #524
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsonic View Post

i tested 3 iphones, 1 ipod (dunno which version the mini square kind), and 2 usb keys (hp and kingston).

each of these have done the problem.

but as someone else mentioned, when i first had the car i was using my iphone with OS 2.x) I had no problems during that time. I dunno what caused it to go stupid.

If the iphone doesnt work properly, fine, update the darn supported list so i can buy something that will work properly then.

thats my opinion.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #525
sstphoenix

been one week and still waiting for the call when they get the pdim part for a replacement.

will it work? I have no idea. but im doubtful.

but when its installed, i will go slowly with my testing.

usb's first, n then my iphone.

if problems persist, i will ask for my original software back, whatever it was. Since the update has made it much much worse.
Lately about a week in driving my iphone has locked about 15+ times.
For now, I have now created a playlist so that when it locks, at least it continues to play music one after another, I just lose complete control of changing tunes.

I dont understand how GM dont have an updated comment on this issue.
Their "update" does NOT fix the issues as they say it does.

I love the car non the less, but im a huge music listener, and this is bothering me more n more.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #526
Darth_Emma

My car is at the dealer right now getting the PDIM replaced. I'll post when I get it back later today.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #527
bfpjpth

Drives: 2008 Corvette, 2010 Camaro 2SS
Smile Ipod will not work

I have a 2010 Camaro. When I plug my Ipod in it displays on the radio digital display and when I press the menu button it starts to walk me through the bluethooth set up which fails. My Ipod is to my knowledge not bluetooth. The long and short of it is that I cannot get my Ipod to work. Can you please offer any suggestions or solutions. Thank You, Dennis
bfpjpth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #528
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
bfpjpth,

Do you mean that it shows you the name of your iPod on the display? It should automatically start playing the first song. What kind of iPod do you have? I always like to start playing a song before I plug it in. So I play a song, pause it, and then plug it in. The radio starts playing the song where I left off.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #529
sstphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfpjpth View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro. When I plug my Ipod in it displays on the radio digital display and when I press the menu button it starts to walk me through the bluethooth set up which fails. My Ipod is to my knowledge not bluetooth. The long and short of it is that I cannot get my Ipod to work. Can you please offer any suggestions or solutions. Thank You, Dennis
first, hopefully your ipod is a supported model. i dont know all those that are supported (check with your dealer or perhaps the info is online somewhere on GM website).

second, if its not working, try putting only max 1000 songs on the ipod (incase it has more than that), since there is a limit of songs/items the radio will sync with.

third, once its connected, what happens when you push the radio menu button? you should be offered to search. then after you search you should be able to choose an option (artist for example). Then you should be able to select album n song always by pushing the same radio select button.

post your results after trying this.
if you have the means, does it work with other items? usb for example?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #530
sstphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My car is at the dealer right now getting the PDIM replaced. I'll post when I get it back later today.
I hope it helps. Ill be checking to see what your results are.
Did you have any other symptoms besides the ipod not being recognized for a while? Did you ever have any display issues when it was working?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #531
sstphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Randy, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to provide additional information to you guys. I've been trying but haven't been able to find out anything. I'm working on figuring out what's going on so I can pass it on to you. Hang in there and I'm sure we'll make things right. Just know that you are being heard and I've doing everything in my power to get the issues resolved.
Codeman71, I read many of your posts, and I appreciate that you're interested in our issues. I hope one of my previous comments about outsourcing did not insult you. I work in IT support, so I live in a constant flow of issues related to software/hardware/network. Like Randy I have had this problem for a VERY long time now. Good thing I had to put my car in storage in the winter due to salted roads ad harsh winters. It helped make the time seem shorter. But like Randy, and from my own experience in support, I agree that an issue that takes this long to resolve should be escalated and GM or your team should be looking at other means to solve the issue. Even if this means having to dish out some $ for apple's cooperation in resolving the issue or having to outsource for additional expertise.

If the replacement of the PDIM does not solve my display issues, I will be nagging GM for an acceptable solution. I am willing to purchase a 100% working compatible device. Since USB's (which are the most basic mp3 interfaces) are giving me display issues when searching for music, I am fairly certain that the problem is not my hardware/software/firmware but in the interface (perhaps PDIM module itself) or software.

I am sure we both know that with the proper resources be it money or man-hours, this issue can be resolved in 1 weeks time. I can only hope that GM has some sort of escalation procedure if this issue is not resolved after a fixed period of time and/or more affected clients take the time to verbalize the issue to listening ears.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #532
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
I hope it helps. Ill be checking to see what your results are.
Did you have any other symptoms besides the ipod not being recognized for a while? Did you ever have any display issues when it was working?
They replaced the PDIM (or MMIM) module today and it seems to be working fine. The only symptom mine had before was that it would "see" either AUX or iPod when I'd press that button.