Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
HurstPerformance

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2016 Camaro SS
Tech Review: Hurst's Billet/Plus Shifter for the 2010-2015 Camaro V6/V8

In this video, Power Automedia installs and reviews the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, part #3916030 for the 2010-2015 Chevrolet Camaro V6/V8.

From concept through production of the 5th generation Camaro, GM engineers in both Australia and Detroit were in almost daily contact with Hurst engineers for guidance and design support. Stout Tremec TR-6060 and little brother Aisin Warner AY6, transmissions were sent thousands of miles across the Pacific for testing and evaluation in conjunction with prototype shifters. Secretive track and laboratory testing including GM's brutal GMN2893 endurance tests were run to ensure that this Hurst shifter was the best. That's why you can option a Hurst shifter in a 5th generation Camaro, installed at the factory. If you didn't-dont' be worried. Hurst engineers used all of that knowledge and made the aftermarket version even better.

-CNC-machined, 6061-T6 billet aluminum pivot housing
-Heat-treated, billet steel gear selector shaft and bushing housing for ultimate strength
-High-strength, chrome-plated steel upper stick - NOT A CASTING!
-Teflon lined spherical bearing main pivot ensures smooth shifting and reduced wear
-Direct-link, full-race, isolation-eliminating design for a no compromise positive shift
-Optional isolation system included reduces stick vibration and noise transfer while retaining shift feel and response
-Reduced shift throw by over 44% (depending on configuration)
-Two piece, bolt-on upper stick allows the install of any Hurst upper stick and also allows stock knob mounting possibilities (2010-2012 models)
-Improved, glass-filled, Teflon lower bushing with greater stability and strength
-Includes white, Hurst 6-speed knob (V6 pattern available separately)

Call (707) 544-4761 for more info.

Last edited by HurstPerformance; 10-07-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
It would be awesome if yall sold this shifter with the upgraded bushings already installed. Those things are kind of a pain to put in after the fact (but not overly difficult by any stretch....)

I do understand that it's probably a business decision, though..cheaper teflon provides a serviceable product upon sale, and the extra kit likely yields pretty nice profit margins..

That being said, I love mine. Almost got rid of it due to the slop caused by worn out teflon bushings, but after replacing with the upgraded ones, I'm a happy camper

Old 05-21-2015, 01:50 AM   #3
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Hey Matt, I have the optional Hurst short throw shifter on my car from the factory. If i wanted to change the look what would the cheapest option be to do so. I like the Shifter above ^^.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Hey Matt, I have the optional Hurst short throw shifter on my car from the factory. If i wanted to change the look what would the cheapest option be to do so. I like the Shifter above ^^.
Unfortunately, the aftermarket Hurst sticks are not compatible with the OEM Hurst shifter. Basically the cheapest option would be to sell your OEM shifter, to offset cost, and purchase the aftermarket Hurst Billet Plus shifter, part #3916030. The added bonus of this switch would be the additional throw reduction. The aftermarket Hurst shifter reduces throw by 44% whereas the OEM Hurst shifter is about a 22% throw reduction over stock.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
Reelgrinder

Drives: 2016 SS
Haven't installed mine yet. I have the kit above. The shaft is ugly that holds the ball. Id like the stock shaft blk round.. but be-able to hold a ball.

Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgrinder View Post
Haven't installed mine yet. I have the kit above. The shaft is ugly that holds the ball. Id like the stock shaft blk round.. but be-able to hold a ball.

Any ideas?
Good timing on that question. We don't have an exact date right now, but we will actually be releasing black replacement sticks very soon. Hold tight and you'll get exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for asking!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #7
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstPerformance View Post
Good timing on that question. We don't have an exact date right now, but we will actually be releasing black replacement sticks very soon. Hold tight and you'll get exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for asking!
HurstPerformance,

Keep us up to date on the black replacement sticks. Many people looking for a different style.

Great shifter to work with, goes right in the factory location. Also fits the ZL1 and provides a better throw when compared to the stock shifter.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 06-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
HurstPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
HurstPerformance,

Keep us up to date on the black replacement sticks. Many people looking for a different style.

Great shifter to work with, goes right in the factory location. Also fits the ZL1 and provides a better throw when compared to the stock shifter.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Will do, Ricardo!

Closed Thread

Tags
billet, hurst, shifter, short throw, video