Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
whitestripes17

Drives: Chevy Silverado 1500
i know how to drive ive been driving all over for at least 2 1/2 years but they dont know that
whitestripes17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Yeah a 16 year old kid with a 425 hp car, i wonder how this will work out
Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #17
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
besides all the stuff above that makes total sense (2 years doesn't make you an experienced driver let alone enough for 400+ HP)

bro believe me YOU WILL GET INTO AN ACCIDENT (usually minor) OR INCIDENT (lightpole or mailbox or something)within a year or two of getting your license......DO YOU WANNA BE DRIVING A NEW 2010 CAMARO WHEN THAT HAPPENS

why not get a 4th gen. or something and then SAVE THAT 20 GRAND your grandparents are giving ya and buy the newest model when you're in college or something
Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I got a 74 Vega GT when I turned 16. My first car and my first Chevy.

No, no one here wants to help you pay for it. But my house needs painting if you work cheap.

And I know what a $%^&*( head I was driving that 74 Vega with it's 4 mighty oil burning aluminum cylinders. I can't imagine how many times I'd have died before turning 17 with 400 HP under my right foot. I assume since your parents are buying you a car you are on the young side.

But good luck with the plan. I know if I were your age and my parents were willing to buy me a $30,000 new car I'd be freaking mowing the lawn, cleaning the pool, doing dishes, laundry and scrubbing the floors just to show how super responsible I was so they'd believe there was noooooo wayyyyyy I'd be doing intersection filling with smoke burn outs to impress my friends. "Nope would not do that, Dad." "You can count on me"
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Wassert

Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
As far as getting the SS i agree with everyone else here, if i would have gotten 400+ horses for my first car, i can assure you i would be dead right now. Having this M6 made me respect cars and be responsible( most of the time) and not to do stupid things.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #20
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestripes17 View Post
My birthday is coming up and I need to convince my parents to get me a 2ss red camaro but they say its too much car. Which is sorta why I want it cause is badass! Anyone have any advice or want to help pay for it
Why not tell them "They are right" and you've now decided you would like to get the 2LT V6......make sure they hear V6 , 7,000 less then 2SS and cheaper insurance! Hey , if your parents are buying and they have already said no to the SS .....better a V6 then nothing. You could always wait until you see a used SS, trust me, some idioy will order an SS, finance it, and then get a GF problem, or layed off, or something else. Every time a new model hits production you see them used for sale shortly after.

You know...the 2LT is a 300 HP car , nothing to scoff at. My 2000 SS was 310 HP and it was more then enough !! and it's easier on GAS !!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
i know how to drive ive been driving all over for at least 2 1/2 years but they dont know that
trust me when i say 2.5 years is not enough. Been driving for 6 years and I'm still waiting 1-2 years to get a 5th gen.

As much as you'd like to think

You are not an experienced driver.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 PM   #22
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
Quote:
My birthday is coming up and I need to convince my parents to get me a 2ss red camaro but they say its too much car. Which is sorta why I want it cause is badass! Anyone have any advice or want to help pay for it
I think Mom and Dad may be right. This car is very fast. Sometime I wonder if I can handle it after being in fast cars for my 40+ years on the road.
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
whitestripes17

Drives: Chevy Silverado 1500
my dad has brought me home corvettes, roush, g8s to drive before and now he says i dont need it cause my mom doesnt want me in it he would get it for me but its always the mom
whitestripes17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #24
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
you shouldnt be buying a 35k car if your still dependent on your parents............get your priorities straight
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #25
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
Never mind after reading you age get a beater and learn how to drive first.

I am 17 i have no job....yet and this summer i will get a part time job to save up for a 2lt/rs... i will probably be 18 or 19 when i get enough money.

You think you will be able to handle 425hp. Huh?.... It Doesn't take much to get in a accident
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #26
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Ever heard of that age old saying "Mother knows best."? As much as we hate to admit, our parents really do know what's best for us (I'm just a youngin to just a little bit older then you are). They have lived it, they have been there and done that. If you have thought about doing something, they have already done it and can tell you about it. Your parents aren't saying that it's too much for you just because they don't want you to get it. They are saying it because the SS IS too much car for an inexperienced driver such as yourself. There is a reason why teenage boys have the highest insurance among any age group. Statistics show that you are pretty much guaranteed to be involved in a wreak before you are 18. Add in 430 hp and your chances of being hurt or even killed in a wreak goes up drastically. Plus do you really want to spend $40 grand on a car that you WILL wreak within two years and still owe money on after wards? You might as well just throw that $40k in the fire place if this is what you want to do. Instead buy an LS or a 1LT and keep the other $15k that you will save. Or better yet, buy a nice 4th gen, drive it for a couple years then buy a 5th gen.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
By driving, do you mean a car, tractor, go-kart, what? Since you say that your parents don't know and brought it up as 'experience', I will assume that you mean a car ... on public roads. If thats the case then you've been driving cars illegally and that kinda shows your level of judgement, doesn't it? And I'll go out on a limb and say that I probably drive farther in 1 month than you have in your life.

The reason why most of us don't want you to have an SS is because none of us want to hear about some kid wrapping his brand new SS around a tree a month after he picks it up.

By the way, that $20 000 that you say you are getting, there are waaay better things to use it for at your age than getting a brand new car. Particularly when its 'gift' money.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #28
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
I totally wanna pay for it!!!

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, camaro, car, fast