Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Baggy1

Drives: 2017 50th
New Guy on the Block

New guy going around the block. I've been sitting, reading and learning for a couple months or so, but look at me now, I'm a member. Thanks for letting me join in.
I was in the hospital for heart surgery for better than a month. When the surgeon would come in to check me out I would always tell him he needed to check me out of the hospital for a couple hours. He would always ask why. I would respond with, I need to go buy a new Camaro. He would come back with, what's in it for me. I started out with I would get him a Camaro hat. By the time I was getting released he told me lets go get that Camaro and I'll drive you home.
My recovery has been a rough go. It took me near three weeks to clay bar polish and wax that little car. I would like to think I'm getting better daily but it sure hasn't been easy. Thanks again for letting me in........Baggy
Baggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Congrats on a successful surgery. Best wishes on the recovery. Welcome to the madness.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Baggy1, welcome!!!

I share your pain. Six heart attacks and a couple of angioplasties in the last 16 yrs (I'm a 61 yr old woman) but I've worked hard at getting healthier and the Camaro has helped! I dropped 100 lbs and I drive the Camaro to trails along the Pacific Coast that my husband and I can hike.

Detailing is a tough job. I kinda cheat because I have a convertible. But, yeah, detailing is a three day affair. Keep at it - slow and steady wins the race, and damn! you're gonna win looking great in that Camaro.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Baggy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Congrats on a successful surgery. Best wishes on the recovery. Welcome to the madness.
Thank you witenite for the encouraging words.
I seems I must enjoy the madness. I've played with hot rods all the way back to building model cars. Turned 16 and started on the full sized ones. Fun hobby that can lead to madness at times.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
Baggy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
Baggy1, welcome!!!

I share your pain. Six heart attacks and a couple of angioplasties in the last 16 yrs (I'm a 61 yr old woman) but I've worked hard at getting healthier and the Camaro has helped! I dropped 100 lbs and I drive the Camaro to trails along the Pacific Coast that my husband and I can hike.

Detailing is a tough job. I kinda cheat because I have a convertible. But, yeah, detailing is a three day affair. Keep at it - slow and steady wins the race, and damn! you're gonna win looking great in that Camaro.
Thanks CCMADONNA, Sounds like you have been through the mill. I'm happy to hear you are doing so well. I'm hoping to regain my stamina, but it don't take much and I'm ready for a break. I'm so much better than I was 11 months ago. I think and or, hope and pray I'm going in the right direction. I'm so thankful for friends that have pitched in with helping hands.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:42 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:22 AM   #8
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:30 AM   #9
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
A huge welcome to the Forum and so so happy to hear your on the road to recovery. There are times getting older is not all the fun it's made out to be! My wife has also had two major surgeries, first on July 5th then most recently in October. Her heart surgeon has told her to take it easy but that like telling a Camaro owner to not drive their car! We have to enjoy all the life we have, so drive that girl like you own her!