Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
jam3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
T&T Performance Blew up my motor

As the title says. T&T performance blew my motor puting a whipple on it.
This is just the begining of a very long and expensive lesson learned by myself. To say the least my experiences with Tim from T&T performance have been completely unprofessional.
Last May I agreed to allow T&T performance, Tim to begin working on my car.
I dropped my car of and was taking my terminally ill uncle and his 4 kids to disney for a week while getting the work done. I called Tim several times over the course of the week and he never answered the phone or returned my calls, I even had his cell and was texting with no response from him at all.
Just as anyone else would do, I went to his shop the minute I returned from disney. And that is when it all began.
I confronted Tim about the calls and he swore up and down he never got a call or text and that I was texting the wrong numbers. {I never believed that for a second.} Tim then went on to tell me that something was wrong, he believed at the time the 2.9 whipple had a parts failure and something broke. He couldn't tell me what happened other than something is broke. He had a nother guy in his shop who was also waiting on his car, so Tim tells me. "hes gonna pull the motor tomorrow and see what happened" At that, I already know I am gonna be here when the motor comes out. So here I am pulling into T&T performance the next day about 9:30 am and they are getting ready to pull the motor out of the car old fashioned out the top. In the process of doing that. They beat the shit out of the radiator windsheild pan everything you can hit, they did.
Im now saying to myself WTF!!! Lots of cosmetic damage.
I have made a grave error by coming here and having these jokers do this work. The motor is now out and they take the heads off and clearly number 4 piston is destoyed!The Look on my face pretty much said it all:r eadthethread::readth ethread:

Imediately Tim says it was like that when I brought it to them. That was Tims first response to the destoyed piston. WTF! Are you kidding me. The car was awesome when I brought it to you!! So Tim calls a mechanic from another shop to come and diagnose the broken piston and how it happened. The guy shows up "Eric" looks at the motor for about 15 seconds and says the wrist pin came out.
Now according to Tim, the car never went on the dyno, he only started it and imediatelly shut it off because it was making noise.
I wasn't there so I don't know what happen. Many of people have seen the pics of the piston and say NO WAY did that happen by starting it.

So in the end, Tim says he has another motor he can replace it with.
Im skeptical about anything at this point but what am I gonna do? Call GM. LOL. So I agree to let Tim put another motor in the car. Suppose to be an ls3 out of another 2010 ss that they put a 440 warhawk block in. tim assures me the motor is fine and nothing ro worry about.
Believe me. IM PRETTY F ING WORRIED!!!
So couple days go by and Tim says my car is ready.

While installing the blower I said I wanted a clutch that would handle that power if the stock clutch wasnt up to par.
I give Tim the go ahead to put a clutch of his choice in my car.

So now I got my car, whipple on it, headers, fastlane cai, new clutch, tune. Im thinking Im good. I put the miles on the car suggested by Tim before going to the track to break in the clutch.
I go run the car 5 runs and the track go home and the next morning, clutch no longer works. I call Tim and tell him and imediately I did something wrong again.

The clutch installed was a centerforce dual friction clutch. $2,000 I got ripped off on the clutch big time!
So I do a little research and see that this clutch isnt even close to being acceptable for what I am doing with it.
I call centerforce and talk with Larry who tells me flat out the clutch is not suitable for 600rwhp. I confront Tim about it and debate what to do...
Instead of telling Tim at T&Tperformance to take a hike we get into an argument about it and he says its my driving.
So, I buy a monster stage 5 clutch/flywheel, bleeder lines new slave. Everything. I paid for it.
And again, I paid $1,000 labor to have it installed by T&T. At the same time I asked Tim if he could put the MSD 2 step in my car. He did, sort of.
Tim hooked it up to a button on the center console and said just hold it with my finger. WTF?? Again?? Really?? Yep thats how you do it. I new I would have to figure out something else. That wasn,t going to work.
Well I found out weeks later that the new slave wasn't put in because they T&T claimed it leaked nor did they install the braided clutch line. The clutch was broke in as directed and of to the track we go!

So I go to the track and on my 3rd launch. Bam.
There goes the rear. Now mind you, this is the stock rear, stock r&pand I place no blame for this initial failure on T&T or Tim.
So. I call Tim and say hey, rear broke. No problem bring it up we will fix it.
I dropped the car at T&T and have them put LPE 3.91 gear with JRE posi upgrade. They call me 2 weeks later and say cars ready, come get it.
Rick from T&T assembled the rear. To my knowledge Rick did not work on any other part of my car except the rear diff. I go get my car. Drive normal speed on the way home, approximately 32 miles. I get half way and here bam as i go around a turn. Imediately I stop and call TIM tell him of the noise and he says "dont worry Its normal". So I drive the rest of the way home and it does it at every turn, not just a sharp turn but any turning at all and it goes "bam".
I park the car and call Tim. He says bring it back in the morning.
I dont make it past the next door neighbors house when the diff completely fails. So I call a tow truck and have it towed to T&T Performance. Tim pulls the diff out takes the housing off the rear and upon discovering that the spider gears are all broke up he places blames on parts failed me the driver everybody but himself. So Rick acknowledges that he may have made an error so he rebuilds the diff about two weeks go by and its ready again.
I be dam. It happened again, The diff came apart before I even got home.
Back on the tow truck and back to T&T performance. Are you kidding me? What the hell is going on here???
So I say dont put the posi in it. Just rebuild another one with the LPE 3.91 gear and thats fine.
Two weeks go by and my diff is ready.
Didn't break this time. But the vibration was horrible. I dont know what they did but jeez, this is unacceptable. I call Tim and tell him about it and his response was that I need to work that out with Rick. Its not his deal.
I'm like what the hell are you talking about? Tim says Ricks problem not mine. I then told Tim I paid you its your problem. He then scheduled for me to meet with Rick for a test drive the next day. Rick drives the car himself and feels the vibration but says dont worry about it. But I will build another one for you.
You guessed it. Two weeks later The next diff is ready and it was fine for about a month before it started leaking. I had the dealership replace the seals to fix it.

I also bought a set of wheels and tires from T&T.
The front tires were smaller than the rear. Tim said they will be fine.
That also has turned into a fiasco.
First, they just pulled out a grinder and cut the wheel weights of my front brakes so the wheels would fit. In the process Tim ground into the calipers. So they damaged the calipers. Both fronts. They put the wheels on and I went home. Little did I know that the different tire height effected the stabilitrac and your breaks! I called Tim and told him what happen and his response was "cant have nothing to do with the tires"
Well it was the tires. They replaced the fronts for me after complaining for days. He said you bought them they are your! Pretty underhanded shit for sure.

So my car was running but not anything like it should have been. I had actually explained my situation to a couple shops here on the forum and they all said they same thing, BRING IT HERE!
Knowing It was going to be a mess and expensive to repair. I waited till I could afford to fix it.
The motor had begun to leak oil and I had taken the car to T&T and talked with Tim about it. He did put it on the lift. He said it was a rear main oil leak and it was my driving stye that caused it.
Everything was my fault and the way I drive.
At that point, I knew I would never let those guys work on anything of mine again.

EVERY THING THAT T&T WORKED ON BROKE. EVERYTHING!
THE REAR, MY ORIGINAL MOTOR, 2 STEP, LINE LOC, BRAKES.
I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY WIRES WERE CUT ON MY CAR.

So lets talk about the motor he replaced in my car.
It supposedly had 2,000miles on it. No Problems.
Tim put a blower cam in it. The cam was damaged either before it went in the car or after I dont know but it was damaged. The push rods were not changed, the springs were not changed. The motor had a magnuson blower on it before I got it and Tim left the old maggie gasket instead of putting on a new one.
I have about 10 runs on that motor and it is no good.

I have been trying to resolve this with T&T Performance and Tim but he isnt steping up to the plate.
He has placed the blame on me and my driving. He believes he has done no wrong.
Tim has made no attempt to fix what he has done.
He has pretended he is going to reimburse me then at the last second pulls out.
I am no longer willing to wait for T&T Performance to correct the wrong doing.
I strongly suggest you guys think twice about having any work done ther.
I spent the same amount of money with Timas I would have somewhere else. Difference is T&T is not reputable and will not stand behind there work.
Im sure they have plenty of customers that are pleased with bolt ons.
Thats not the same as being a true performance shop.
Tim doesn't even know how to tune a car!
He relies on someone else to do it.

I have my car at a shop with an outstanding reputation and I believe the things they say are wrong with the car and why!

Anybody else having problems with T&T Performance?

I could really go on and on about that shop but leave it up to you to decide.
I will be posting the pictures soon.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
jam3

T&T Performance BLEW UP MY MOTOR

T&T might be ok for bolt ons but really think about who you let work on your car. I am putting my 3rd motor in because of those guys.
Installed the blower incorrectly. Hack job would be the kindest thing I could say. They do not stand behind there work.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
jam3

T&T Performance differential

Well on the 4th differential it didnt break.
So I guess I should be happy about that at least.

These guys destroyed my car.
Hack job for sure.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Im really sorry to hear this as I had a similar experience with Adkins Performance and learned everything the hard way just as you are experiencing. Its really sad there are shops out there that do business this way but it cant be stressed enough to do ALOT of research on who is going to work on your car. There are numerous shops on here with excellent reviews and though they might cost more it will be alot cheaper and well worth it in the long run knowing everything is perfect.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3 View Post
T&T might be ok for bolt ons but really think about who you let work on your car. I am putting my 3rd motor in because of those guys.
Installed the blower incorrectly. Hack job would be the kindest thing I could say. They do not stand behind there work.
Dam man..sorry to hear that bro

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Damn man that sux. Sounds like you should have walked away along time ago, but kept going back for more. I sure hope someone put them in their place. Where are they located?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
jam3

I hear ya. I have a long rode ahead of me with those guys but I am indeed trying to prevent anybody else from experienceing the same thing I did. Frederick,Md
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
jam3

My car is now freaking awesome!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
jam3

Yea. Its messed up.
They blew up my motor blamed it on me then put a piece of shit motor in my car and I continue to let them screw with it.
Stay away from those guys for certain.
Anybody foolish enough to go there after reading what I have gone through over the past year is crazy!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
07fx2

Drives: 2007 F150
Ouch man. That's not right at all.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
chevyboy221

Drives: 2015 SS L99
not trying to down you but you should have walked when they pulled your motor out the top and damaged your car. ive pulled a motor out the top in my garage and not damaged the car. that is unexceptable for anyone. sorry about your horible experience
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
cm5217
2K10 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
wow
Tuned with HP tuners by Ryan at GPI...LS3 Conversion GPI SS3 Comp Cam...GPI Heads... GPI modded Intake...GPI built Transmission...Circle D 5C T.C....1 7/8 Kooks LT headers...Vararam tune CAI...Bo White TB...Powerbond 25% UDP...3.91 Gears...Magnaflow 3" Catback...RX catch can...BMR Trailing Arms...BMR Toe Rods...BMR Pro rear cradle bushing kit...Smoked Lenses...Black Chrome SS rims...Black Bowties...Painted Stripes...Barton shifter...Hydro Dipped engine cover...Clear Shield bra (front clip and hood)...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
jam3

All true.
I cant tell you how many things they destoyed!
My car is at a very reputable shop and cant wait to get it back.
But these jockers are screwing people. My instument lights were turned off.
THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!! SO I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.
The owner cant dispute any of the tuning because he doesnt do it.
What can he say?
Uh Uh Uh I dont know i thought it was ok.
Terrible shop
Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
jam3

What makes it worse is Tim tries to act like your buddy so you dont realize your being rooked.
Hes good at that!

Closed Thread