Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #43
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi LS3Jeff,

We are glad your dealership is accommodating, however, if we can help out in any way, please feel free to send us a private message as Skillet suggested. We are always here to assist!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Ahhhh, light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck OP!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #44
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Update???
Old 04-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #45
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
I think he's on a road trip to Suckatomato!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #46
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
First of all, apologies if I am repeating anything that might have been written previously regarding this issue. The only good thing in your dilemma is that you purchased your car in California. The state "Lemon Law" prohibits the kind of activity that you were subjected to. You can contact the dealership and advise them this car is a lemon and demand your money back. If they refuse, seek legal action. Either way, please write them up under the "stealership" link on this site so the rest of us will steer clear of this dealership. Good Luck
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #47
LS3Jeff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi LS3Jeff,

We are glad your dealership is accommodating, however, if we can help out in any way, please feel free to send us a private message as Skillet suggested. We are always here to assist!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hello Becky and an update for all! The dealership was actually really accommodating. At the end of the day the car was just too much of a mystery for me to really dive in and because of that I had to let it go. The dealership apologized and with no hassles gave my money back. No arguments, not renegotiation.

The dealership in question was Tracy Chevorlet and I honestly think after all of this they handled the situation in a positive way and did right by me so I have no ill will towards them. The service manager explained that the "as id" not pre-certified cars are not as thoroughly inspected to a level where they would have been aware it had some real issues but I supposed that you should always be nervous if a customer admits to you that he is trading the car in from a previously modded state!

It was like destiny! A 2010 2SS popped up in my city with 20k miles! Off to look at it today!
LS3Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #48
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Good luck on the 2010! definitely a good year
Old 04-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #49
LS3Jeff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Good luck on the 2010! definitely a good year
Thanks! I know a bit of what to look for (scarred edges on bolts on exhaust mani etc.) to see if the car has been messed with or not and slapped back together, so I think I can make a more educated decision.
LS3Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #50
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Props to Tracy Chevrolet for doing the right thing without anyone having to resort to threats! Also have a Chevy service department scan the car's computer for any aftermarket tunes.

Good luck and report back WHEN you get your car, with pics of course!!
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #51
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Try talking to Becky?

Becky is awesome - 5 years later we're still super happy with OrangeVert!
Old 05-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #52
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Major reason why I will never buy a used late model performance vehicle. The dealership that accepts the trade doeant care if its been modded or not. They test drive it and throw it on the lot. I know this for a fact because I've traded 2 Camaro's and witnessed them get cleaned and placed directly on the lot the next morning. They offer remainder of factory warranty but they are of the understanding that the car has not been modified. Of course you dont find out until you take it in for warranty work and if those mods can in anyway be connected to the problem your done. The good thing with you is is you've only owed it for a week. And the dealership where purchased usually gives a 30 to 90 day warranty. I would take it right back there. If they are not willing to fix it then we would be going to court. Just from being a member of this forums its my understanding that most performance vehicle owners mod their cars and drive them reasonably hard. For that reason buying a used performance vehicle is a calculated risk I will not take. I dont care what the mileage displays on the odometer. I would be fighting to get out of the car though.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #53
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
I just caught up on the thread and Im glad you were able to secure another vehicle from the dealer. Very awesome!
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #54
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Get your money back. After that 1 year runs out you will not be able to fix this car if something else goes wrong with it because you won't know what was done, or how it was done.

This car was beaten on hard, the owner dumped it because he couldn't fix it properly. Run away from this nightmare. Also, a clean, unmodded car will be worth more down the line unless the mods are exactly what you want and the car has been well maintained.

Note: Glad it worked out.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #55
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
Major reason why I will never buy a used late model performance vehicle. The dealership that accepts the trade doeant care if its been modded or not. They test drive it and throw it on the lot. I know this for a fact because I've traded 2 Camaro's and witnessed them get cleaned and placed directly on the lot the next morning. They offer remainder of factory warranty but they are of the understanding that the car has not been modified. Of course you dont find out until you take it in for warranty work and if those mods can in anyway be connected to the problem your done. The good thing with you is is you've only owed it for a week. And the dealership where purchased usually gives a 30 to 90 day warranty. I would take it right back there. If they are not willing to fix it then we would be going to court. Just from being a member of this forums its my understanding that most performance vehicle owners mod their cars and drive them reasonably hard. For that reason buying a used performance vehicle is a calculated risk I will not take. I dont care what the mileage displays on the odometer. I would be fighting to get out of the car though.
We also have to remember that dealers don't only sell used cars they received on trade. They also go to those auctions and buy used cars to sell as well. In fact, most of their used cars are probably auction cars.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #56
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
The dealership looked at me funny when I pulled the engine cover off my 2012 SS and check the manifold bolts. Even more when I got under it and looked at the exhaust connections lol
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catch can, introduction, pistons, problem with dealer, valve