Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
Ohio

Drives: 2010 Synergy LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I did a search and could not locate anyone who has had a similar issue like I am currently having. I have recently moved into my 1st house and now have a garage to keep my car in finally. It's a 2011 V6 LT manual transmission Camaro. It's been in the garage for about 2 months now. For the 1st month I didn't have any leaks or fluids on my floor. I decided a couple weeks back during my last oil change to top off all of my fluids. I haven't been super diligent in keeping on eye on my coolant levels. I haven't had any over heating issues. I found that my overflow tank was bone dry. So I top it off with fluid and checked it a couple days later. I found it was lower than what I filled it at last time (Cold engine level). I filled it again, the next day I noticed fluid on the ground. The weird part is it started where my transmission housing is. Tonight I jacked up the car and cranked it up to get her hot. When I got up to temperature it started dripping. But it's in a super tough location and I cant get my eyes on what is exactly leaking. I took a picture of the location. It appears to be where the heater core lines connect to the back of the engine block. I guess its weird that this didn't seem to start until I topped off the tank.

I took a couple photos pointing out the location. It doesn't constantly drip, only when the engine is hot and throttled up. Would anyone have any idea what is leaking? I dont even know how to get back there without having to dismantling a lot of stuff.

I have the same issue....what is the connection called...LOL
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #16
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
I will look up the actual name of the couplings and post later today if possible.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #17
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
well, not sure which coupling you're speaking of, but here's a pic....
Old 06-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #18
StuntmanMike74

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
This is one of the first repairs I get to do on the Camaro I just bought my son for his birthday. I am just wondering if it is too big of a pain to do it without taking the intake off.
StuntmanMike74 is offline   Reply With Quote