Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Synner

Drives: cars
BC ER's are the best bang for the buck in high performance but can be too much shock for people who don't want to learn about double adjustables. KW V1's or BC BR's would be all you need for your intended use.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Another vote for the Pedders supercar coilovers with remote reservoir, adustable both bound and rebound. Lots o' cash but the best setup there is for our cars. I just added 12kg coils on all 4 of my supercars and Pete had his corner weighting setup with him. We got the fronts to within a pound of each other at the front tires and rears within 5 lbs of each other.

1093# FL
1094# FR
965# RL
960# RR
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Another vote for the Pedders supercar coilovers with remote reservoir, adustable both bound and rebound. Lots o' cash but the best setup there is for our cars. I just added 12kg coils on all 4 of my supercars and Pete had his corner weighting setup with him. We got the fronts to within a pound of each other at the front tires and rears within 5 lbs of each other.

1093# FL
1094# FR
965# RL
960# RR
That's pretty dam good! With or with out driver ballast? When I corner balanced mine I opted to use a half tank so it would come into balance from a full tank and its never to far out regardless
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The Pfadt coilovers would be our recommendation, of course there are other good coilovers on the market too. However, with Pfadt race/street testing all of their own coilovers on their own R&D cars their products are perfected before hitting market to the general public. On top of that, made in the USA hand-built products is always a positive.

We have used their first generation STREET coilovers with drag springs, and have achieved 1.39 60's on drag radial tires already. Last year, we went 1.41 60's on 18" drag radials with stock front tires! This car drives to and from the strip, so we wanted a good suspension setup with street manners still that's why we turned to Pfadt.

Here is a good footbrake pass, 1.47 60' into the 9's stock bottom end.

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
That's pretty dam good! With or with out driver ballast? When I corner balanced mine I opted to use a half tank so it would come into balance from a full tank and its never to far out regardless
NO ballast, i was about 3/8 tank, i weigh about 230. My suspension is done!!!!! Now, on to the brakes.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads

Last edited by BullF-16; 06-03-2013 at 08:55 PM.
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
You have peddars Coilovers, BC racing Coilovers,pfadt Coilovers, all are great, just depends how aggressive you want to go, if you road race your car, or just want an awesome daily driver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
BC ER's are the best bang for the buck in high performance but can be too much shock for people who don't want to learn about double adjustables. KW V1's or BC BR's would be all you need for your intended use.
+1

By far the biggest bang for the buck are the BC Racing Coilovers. They are direct from the manufacturer and a white-label for many high end brands. BC ER Coilovers are double adjustable and great for track or pro-touring car. BC Racing BR Series Coilovers are perfect for a daily driver and occasional track duty at half the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapsing View Post
Are these the BC Coilovers you guys mentioned? http://www.amazon.com/Racing-Coilove...ilovers+camaro
Glad they fit the 09 Camaro. Buy from a vendor on Camaro5, they are the same price and you can hold them accountable if not quality service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
That would be them. I have been running them for over 30k. Daily driver. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
We have never had a customer complaint on the BC Racing Coilovers. 30k miles is just getting started

Last edited by AutoAgenda; 06-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #21
relapsing

Drives: 2011 Silver Camaro SS
Alright guys, I'm 90% sure I'm going with the BC's! Using Amazon since I have points so basically paying half
relapsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I've had BC coils for over 1.5 years....no issues so far.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
NO ballast, i was about 3/8 tank, i weigh about 230. My suspension is done!!!!! Now, on to the brakes.

I have said that before too! Suspension is never done
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Delighted Pfadt Coilover (plus Sport Sway bars, trailing arms, endlinks) customer since Spring of 2010 - Aaron Pfadt and Blair are great to work with

Coilovers have had no issues, I lowered the ride by 1.25" and highly recommend them.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
How are those honestly? I've heard mixed reviews but not sure anyone that actually told me about them had ever used them.
I'm sure they are mixed....

I've been doing this a long time and what I've personally seen, and been offered to participate in from overseas sales reps, is a joke. Many cheaper coilovers (not just in the corvette/camaro world) are typically made in china and use whatever valving could be sourced for a decent price. Doesn't matter what the application is, if the valve will function, and the price is right, that's what they choose. They stick a different mount body on it, and use it on a dozen different cars. Different companies have their logo put on it, and call it an "engineered" coilover. If the original manufacturer can get a similar valve for a cheaper price, they change it....who knows what happens to reliability and overall quality

I'm not trying to be a pain, and I hope I don't come across poorly. The reality of it is, like almost all things in life, you get what you pay for. If you want to add a coilover to reliably increase the performance of the suspension, use a well known name brand. If you just want to add some coilovers and hope it handles better, I say keep the stock suspension. Without a valving and spring rate that was optimized for a specific vehicle and its dynamics, it likely will do little to actually increase the handling (other than probably lower the car).The longevity of a lot of these import parts is typically short, and the performance gain is minimal.

just my rant.....hope I didn't upset anyone. At the end of the day, you'll still love your car either way
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post

I've been doing this a long time and what I've personally seen, and been offered to participate in from overseas sales reps, is a joke. Many cheaper coilovers (not just in the corvette/camaro world) are typically made in china and use whatever valving could be sourced for a decent price. Doesn't matter what the application is, if the valve will function, and the price is right, that's what they choose. They stick a different mount body on it, and use it on a dozen different cars. Different companies have their logo put on it, and call it an "engineered" coilover. If the original manufacturer can get a similar valve for a cheaper price, they change it....who knows what happens to reliability and overall quality

I'm not trying to be a pain, and I hope I don't come across poorly. The reality of it is, like almost all things in life, you get what you pay for. If you want to add a coilover to reliably increase the performance of the suspension, use a well known name brand. If you just want to add some coilovers and hope it handles better, I say keep the stock suspension. Without a valving and spring rate that was optimized for a specific vehicle and its dynamics, it likely will do little to actually increase the handling (other than probably lower the car).The longevity of a lot of these import parts is typically short, and the performance gain is minimal.

just my rant.....hope I didn't upset anyone. At the end of the day, you'll still love your car either way
Couldn't agree more. There are expensive coil overs that are garbage, but I have never seen a good coil over that is cheap.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #27
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post

No biggie. I'm far from stock on suspension and C/O are the next logical step. I'd love to run Pedders or Pfadt C/O but I just don't afford them.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
relapsing

Drives: 2011 Silver Camaro SS
Can anyone link me to the DIY for coilover install? Every shop i call is estimating minimum 5 hours O_O...
relapsing is offline   Reply With Quote