Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 01-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
173,000 Mile Up-date

Can't believe its been a year since I've been logged-in! These cars are do dependable, I don't need to check-in all the time, to ask for help!

Just had to do a repair on hun's daily. The first bulb I've had to replace...EVER! OK, I have played with the DRL bulbs, but that wasn't necessary. Only gripe I have is the cost. The stock HID bulb was $109.74 at Autozone! Easy to change. No need to take the bumper cover or inner fenders loose. Snake your hand in there, loosen and remove the plastic cap, turn locking ring a little counter clockwise, remove bulb, unplug, transfer locking ring to new bulb...reinstall in reverse order. Take your time, it's really easy.

So far, the only repairs have been:
- Oil pan leak repaired under warranty.
- Noisy wheel hub (21" brutal P-Zeros killed it?)
- One key stopped working. Replaced with "recall" key.
- Broken sway bar link on the left side ($15.00)
- Headlight

Original, A/C Delco battery lasted EIGHT years!

I'd say, the Camaro SS is a DROP-DEAD-DEPENDABLE daily. 18 MPG average between 5-6K mi. oil changes. One set of brake pads.

Stainless Engineering headers and off-road pipes are holding up nicely. One side has even been bottomed-out (hard), no leaks or cracks (70K mi./4 years).

Firestone 19" all seasons have over 70K mi. (double the life of P-Zeros!). Will have to have a new set of shoes next year.

Had to remove the VariRam CAI. During the summer, the A/C compressor would quit working in stop-n-go traffic, at high ambients (over 90 degrees F). With the radiator (and fans) tilted back, the condenser airflow was hindered. Putting the radiator back in the stock location helped.

Hope everyone else's Camaro has been as great a vehicle as ours.
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.

Last edited by FASTDIESEL; 01-13-2019 at 07:50 PM.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Sounds excellent! I've put about 30K miles on my car in just over a year, up to 44K now and it runs and drives great. I also do oil changes every 5-6K miles, changed the brake, fluid, transmission and rear end oil around 35-40K as well. I go through a pair of tires roughly every 15K miles, they'd last longer if I wasn't so enthusiastic about tight U turns. I run 275/40-20 OEM P zeros on 4 stock 20x9s.

No complaints other than that I slightly warped the rotors on a 10/10 pace 30 mile drive home when I saw someone messing with my security cameras...

EDIT: My car is also my commuter, I drive it rain or shine atleast 6 days per week. Even drove it in snow and ice, it did great.