Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I'll be watching.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #30
Aqua_Blue_SS

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
A guy at work went to Firestone and had his road force balanced.
Aqua_Blue_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #31
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Schedules didn't work out so I didn't get to try the wheel swap. However I took an hour drive tonight on roads I've never been on and it seem to steer a lot better. Maybe the other roads had more of a crown than I thought, maybe it's all in my head. Which is why I'm gong to have mlee drive my car tomorrow.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Schedules didn't work out so I didn't get to try the wheel swap. However I took an hour drive tonight on roads I've never been on and it seem to steer a lot better. Maybe the other roads had more of a crown than I thought, maybe it's all in my head. Which is why I'm gong to have mlee drive my car tomorrow.
Mike can create a pull just by sitting in a Camaro. Maybe you should bring a friend or two with you to compensate.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Hahahahaha I'll sit shotgun with a few sand bags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Just make sure its before the margaritas. Lol.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #35
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I changed my alignment for the mile and drag racing but I'll be going back to the road racing alignment soon. I search for this thread for a while and I'm posting here just to try to make it easier for me to find it. This post has some very good info.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:14 AM   #36
Johnkout1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1 LE
Justice Pete I'm just starting to drive track days with my 2012 Zl1. Tires are starting to wear on outside a little. They are the goodyear eagle f1s supercar tires that came with it. I'm going once a month to different tracks what would you recommend to set alignment at? I found this sheet on the forum and the alignment guy at the dealer says he has to get longer camber bolts to get these settings. Not wanting to cause myself problems. What do you suggest or do you see any potential problem with these settings? Thanks, a novice at the track.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9856475
Johnkout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #37
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkout1 View Post
Justice Pete I'm just starting to drive track days with my 2012 Zl1. Tires are starting to wear on outside a little. They are the goodyear eagle f1s supercar tires that came with it. I'm going once a month to different tracks what would you recommend to set alignment at? I found this sheet on the forum and the alignment guy at the dealer says he has to get longer camber bolts to get these settings. Not wanting to cause myself problems. What do you suggest or do you see any potential problem with these settings? Thanks, a novice at the track.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9856475
Everything your alignment tech needs to know about your Camaro is here: http://www.jpssonline.com/t-camaro-a...fications.aspx

Do you daily drive or is this pretty much a track car?
Is handling more important than tire wear to you?
How many miles do you expect to get from a set of front tires?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #38
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
DO NOT toe the car out unless you want it to be dodgy and burn up tires. Front toe out adds nothing to your cornering force, it only makes the car turn in easier. Rear toe out makes the car break loose more predictably, but is not relevant unless drifting. With power steering who needs more assistance? Go with 0 or .10" rear toe in and .10" front toe in. I've done many alignments on my personal vehicles and will never run anything toed out unless it is a track only vehicle.