Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ok guys, just so you know.

Not that this is a point of frustration, because it isn't. But we are trying to decide the most appropriate way to handle this.

Some thoughts: We are extremely happy that the community part of this site encourages the kind pf participation you all speak of. And we also truly appreciate the willingness to reduce the number of posts in the PWA and other threads. One argument can be made that if you post here you should get credit for it. While the other side may say your post count should be associated with relevant posts and in line with the theme of the forum. Yes, it is possible to turn off the post count for a given thread. So we may go that route. Give us a couple days to discuss it and we'll get back to you.

Cool?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
^ Cool here. Thanks for looking into it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ok guys, just so you know....
There's a desperate fool trying to get some attention in some other threads in the suggestion forum.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
There's a desperate fool trying to get some attention in some other threads in the suggestion forum.

I didn't know we had a suggestion forum.... Or maybe we're ignoring it.

JK... I'll pass it along for you. No idea what will happen.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Awesome, I like the idea of it still being a thread because I don't want to keep going back to it just to see if there are any new posts in it like the PWA group went. I can just push new posts like i do now and see that it has new posts in it. Much easier.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Awesome, I like the idea of it still being a thread because I don't want to keep going back to it just to see if there are any new posts in it like the PWA group went. I can just push new posts like i do now and see that it has new posts in it. Much easier.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #21
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Ok guys, just so you know.

Not that this is a point of frustration, because it isn't. But we are trying to decide the most appropriate way to handle this.

Some thoughts: We are extremely happy that the community part of this site encourages the kind pf participation you all speak of. And we also truly appreciate the willingness to reduce the number of posts in the PWA and other threads. One argument can be made that if you post here you should get credit for it. While the other side may say your post count should be associated with relevant posts and in line with the theme of the forum. Yes, it is possible to turn off the post count for a given thread. So we may go that route. Give us a couple days to discuss it and we'll get back to you.

Cool?
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Yes, me too.

I hope to meet all of you at a Camaro event after everyone gets their cars.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #22
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Old 01-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
. Yes, it is possible to turn off the post count for a given thread. So we may go that route. Give us a couple days to discuss it and we'll get back to you.
Unfortunately there is no built-in way to disable post counts for a particular thread, only for a particular subforum.

Quote:
I agree with this. I don't really see the need to break-out a separate chat forum. Chatting is "off-topic" afterall, and fits fine in the Off-Topic Forum. If post-whoring gets to the point of being disruptive to the off-topic forum, we will simpy disable post counting for the off-topic forum.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Unfortunately there is no built-in way to disable post counts for a particular thread, only for a particular subforum.

I agree with this. I don't really see the need to break-out a separate chat forum. Chatting is "off-topic" afterall, and fits fine in the Off-Topic Forum. If post-whoring gets to the point of being disruptive to the off-topic forum, we will simpy disable post counting for the off-topic forum.

Thank you for your consideration.

I don't think we were ever disruptive, so I'm going to take this as we can post off-topic chat-type posts as we used to.

I'm 47yrs old, and personally don't understand the concerns previously stated regarding off-topic post counts.

The reason this became an issue, is because our excellent mods felt obligated to limit our off-topic posting, just doing their not-so-easy job.

What you say makes sense to me Tran, it's off-topic by definition. Perhaps a little too much importance, and/or competitive spirit has been applied to user post count totals.

I personally don't need my post count high to validate anything.

Thanks to everyone, and happy posting!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
I didn't realize it was this important to keep counts....low?
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Old 01-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

He lives!!!!

on everything in this thread.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
where'd this come from? i do like the idea of disabling post-counting for things like this. it lets us have the same regular discussions that we always have (usually concerning Spike's & pete's moms) without whoring up the site's count. win-win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post
I didn't realize it was this important to keep counts....low?
the point is to not inflate the site's total post count by over-using random non-Camaro discussions
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #28
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
the point is to not inflate the site's total post count by over-using random non-Camaro discussions
I thought the point was not to inflate individual post counts by means of completely useless and wasteful posts....

like when you and pete and even a mod or two would post one word per post to say something....

i still think it would have been hilarious if someone woulda posted in between the "post sentance" with a combo breaker....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.

Closed Thread