Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #29
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
So the LSA has many levels of power, easiest described with stages...

Stage 1: (~550-580 RWHP)
Headers, Intake, 5%-10% pulley (Way less than the 2.55" you cited)
Stage 2: (~600-640 RWHP)
Headers, Intake, 18%+ pulley, Fueling, Cooling
Stage 3: (~650+ RWHP)
All of the above + Cam
Stage 4: (700+ RWHP)
All of the above + Heads
Stage 5: (750 + RWHP when combined with stage 4)
All of the above + Ported blower, ported snout, E85, Meth, etc. all of which can be added to lower stage cars.

If I were you, I would add...

18% Pulley (Which is 2.55" Supercharger pulley OR 9.1" lower crank pulley, or both but you'll need a BAP)
ID1050 Injectors
Coolant Expansion tank can't hurt
Look into a crank case breather too, not running one has caused plenty of engine failures at higher HP levels
Cooler plugs (Probably TR7s)

Please do not just spray the shit out of the car or you'll be back here asking for the best price on a long block. Build it properly, achieve the numbers by manipulating air flow and not just forcing it with nitrous.

Once you decide on what you want to do, we can talk about brands and supporting parts.

Look at shops like Jannetty Racing, Vengeance Racing, and dozens more to see what their packages entail and you'll see what parts go with what to make XYZ. Maybe just call up Race Proven Motorsports and take it there for a complete kit, they're probably a 4-5 hour drive from you.

These guys know what they are talking about and have helped me plenty. I have a 14. My suggestion is this.

Do the “stage 3” package and add e85 using the dsx kit and call it good. Call Ted jannetty and get the 650 whp package without the parts you already have. He can do tuning etc. then add the e85 Dsx kit. Teds kit has all the parts you need. Pushrods and all quality supporting items to support your new hp level without distroying your engine. I have everything but e85 (as I discribed ) and couldn’t be happier.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #30
McMuscle91

Drives: 2014 zl1
interesting, I just need to make the power to weight ratio better than my Bette was and I believe I will be happy
McMuscle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #31
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuscle91 View Post
interesting, I just need to make the power to weight ratio better than my Bette was and I believe I will be happy
3200/575 = 5.56 pounds per HP
4000/719 = 5.56 pounds per HP

So to completely match it, you'll need (approximately) 719 RWHP. Now, power to weight isn't everything, there's aero, power band, seat of the pants feeling, and many more factors that play into how a car feels. But if you get close to that number, I think you'll be happy. If it makes more sense to you to save for an AGP Turbo kit or Huron, but I'd definitely recommend AGP, then for sure that would easily hit those numbers and easily get you over 1000 if you so choose.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #32
McMuscle91

Drives: 2014 zl1
Yeah you are right. I'll have to check out the AGP kit as well. As I mentioned, I have worked with Huron twice before so I am partial to their stuff. Now if RPM could put together a package that would perform as good as a twin turbo kit for the price then I may be interested in going that route as well. But otherwise I'm looking harder into turbo> supercharger.
McMuscle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #33
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuscle91 View Post
Yeah you are right. I'll have to check out the AGP kit as well. As I mentioned, I have worked with Huron twice before so I am partial to their stuff. Now if RPM could put together a package that would perform as good as a twin turbo kit for the price then I may be interested in going that route as well. But otherwise I'm looking harder into turbo> supercharger.
Just call RPM. They'll be able to do either.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote