Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #71
ElAntonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS A6
Also, seeing that engine compartment in person...just gorgeous. The supercharger is beautiful.

Yeah, I'd at least spring for the power window hood. Delightfully tacky and delightfully awesome.

Are the bits available for independent purchase or must every Callaway be sold that way from the "factory" so to speak? I have to say that the Callaway is EASILY my favorite aftermarket Camaro so far, but I'd be more interested in exploring aftermarket modification on my SS in a few years (gotta keep the budget sane and all, we'd like to own a home )

Also, Dimmitt had a GORGEOUS Callaway Corvette Grand Sport.

And two ZR-1s.

I guess THEY think the economy is better :P
Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #72
AK's SS Camaro

Drives: 2003 Chevy Silverado
To each their own when putting modifications on an already fantastic car, whether you do it yourself or have a well established company like Callaway do it for you.

Quick Story for everyone:
There is a guy in my same town that got his camaro around the same time i did. He decied to put a supercharger on his camaro and do all the work himself. Since the supercharger was put on his car has been in the repair shop at the dealership 3 times. Twice for major engine problems and once for a transmission overhaul. This says two things to me, either the guy is a horrible driver and can't shift right or, his supercharger modifications aren't quite set up right. Oh and by the way he had NO warrenty.

For me with my Callaway i like having the reassurance that i know i can push my car to its limits with no worries because i know my modifications were put on correctly with a lot of thought and engineering by a company with a long standing reputation for building "Powerfully Engineered Automobiles"

Just my two cents.
AK's SS Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #73
ElAntonius

Oh, I didn't mean to say I would do it myself. What I meant was whether a Callaway shop could do a Callaway "conversion" on an existing car or whether Callaways could only be purchased "new". (Say, in a few years time, I decide I want to upgrade my Camaro to a Callaway).

I'm really attracted to the Callaway as a package...it's something I've had my eye on ever since I bought my SS, in fact.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #74
AK's SS Camaro

Drives: 2003 Chevy Silverado
To answer your question, yes callaway will do there conversion on a existing car. That is how mine was done. I drove if for the first few months that i had it then sent it to Callaway durning the winter months when i wouldn't be able to drive it. The only catch is if you want the full warrenty coverage from Callaway your camaro will have to have 5000 miles or less on it when they get it. If it has more than that they will start cutting back the amount of warrenty you can get.
AK's SS Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #75
ElAntonius

Thanks for the info.

I'm OK with giving up warranty on it (to the extent that most aftermarket conversions only offer warranties on new cars). Strictly speaking, I don't plan on doing anything with the car until later on in, and at that point it will be a decision between keeping the car for all eternity (in which case I'll be interested in a SC/handling conversion like Callaway's) or replacing the Camaro with a Z/28 if there is one.

Any information on the actual sliding scale for the warranty? I can't seem to find it on the website.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #76
Cornhusker Callaway

Drives: 2010 Callaway Camaro SC572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAntonius View Post
Thanks for the info.

I'm OK with giving up warranty on it (to the extent that most aftermarket conversions only offer warranties on new cars). Strictly speaking, I don't plan on doing anything with the car until later on in, and at that point it will be a decision between keeping the car for all eternity (in which case I'll be interested in a SC/handling conversion like Callaway's) or replacing the Camaro with a Z/28 if there is one.

Any information on the actual sliding scale for the warranty? I can't seem to find it on the website.
ElAntonius,

As the person who helped with AK'SS process of getting his Callaway Order procesed and shipped (as the authorized dealer) I can tell you that the best way to find out about how Callaway will provider Warranty on your car is to call them. You are more than welcome to call me and ask questions as well. (PM for phone #) I will be able to provide most of the information you are looking for and find out the rest. If you plan to keep your car then I would suggest you add the Callaway SC572 package (well add if even if you don't keep it) as this will increase your resale immensly! Callaway is found under Black Book and NADA when valuing your vehicle, which many so called "tuners" or do it yourselfers can't claim!

Dimmitt Chevrolet is an amazing place by the way! Next time you are in ask for Mark McIntyre or Lawrence Dimmitt as they are both Callaway Trained!
Cornhusker Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #77
godfathercrc

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
It my be a little pricey but callaway has allways put out a great car nice job callaway
godfathercrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #78
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post

I respected you and your company until i read this, wow, aren't you egotistical. I have read the full article, as i am sure most of the forum members here did, and your price is still bullshit from my perspective. i have a masters degree in English, as well as analytical software applications. How ever, i require no "qualifications" to comprehend, interpret data, and be cognizant of my personal convictions on any given scenario or topic, in addition i know i have the right to express those opinions should i so choose to do so. Oh, and yes, i AM the authority on how i perceive and express anything. You should be aware in my opinion you disrespect the forum members here by not taking a little constructive criticism for just that, so some individuals expressed they thought the price to performance was a little off, i do not see that as "picking it apart". Grow thicker skin or you may offend even more potential customers than you already have.

i love you !
on a side note now that i see that the brakes and carbon fiber tid bits add so much it doesnt seem crazy but i want to see this car on a track against a stock SS so see if its worth the money. is that too much to ask or am i still not getting it ?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #79
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
Callaway is the shit! I've got to check out one of their 2010s in person and it is impeccable. Absolutely well done! And by the looks of this article it can really perform too. Another thing i think you guys are missing when you think about how much their package costs is all the mods that don't add to hp. Like the brakes, adjustable suspension and the carbon fiber body kit. I can't wait for their ground effects kit to be available to the average guy ( in a fake carbon fiber or something, haha).

Callaway keep up the good work! If i had to start all over with a new camaro i would definitely consider you guys.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #80
josh52382

Drives: Black 2ss 6m with cyber grey strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
The main difference between this car and one of the 25 HMS/Callaway Camaros, is the addition of our optional brakes and multi-adjustible suspension, adding to the price.

I hope this helps
ok thanks
josh52382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #81
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSun View Post
Here's a few ideas...

1. Quit posting so many smilies. Its f'n stupid.

2. Take your own advice about growing thicker skin. You're acting like a girl.

3. Realize a masters degree in English means exactly dick in the automotive engineering world. If you want to chest pound about that, go to an english forum.
:mad02 60::(:thumbup ::cr y::laughabove ::dr inking::re spekt::rolley es: :sm 0::sm 0::sm 0::sm 0:

Have a nice day, i would look forward to meeting you in person, i was only stating an opinion and you sound confrontational. I would love the opportunity to confront you in person! I am also a Harley mechanic and worked on helos in the military and fought in the gulf war, i really think you missed my point, (over your head maybe) that a guy being so egotistical in his condescending remarks about others qualifications was ignorant, useless and probably not the best marketing for his buisness. As far as sounding like a girl i think that's LULZ, I would love to hear that from you in person.: ): ): ): )
Old 05-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #82
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
apologies for ^^^ above post. . . . . I didn't know it would look quite that obnoxious! LOL!