Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
CAMARO 11

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS
SLP loudmouth 1

Does anyone have a loudmouth 1 pretty much a straight pipe. Just wondering
if they felt that they lost some power and torque. I did ask SLP and Joe (tech/sales rep.) said that it should'nt lose any power unless you remove the cat. Is he correct not that i dont trust him just want to have a different opinion.
Anyway i have a SS/M6.
CAMARO 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Hi -

Speaking from experience, do NOT get the Loudmouth. It is awful. First it makes your car sound much louder (as you would expect by the name) but trust me you will hate how it sounds. The SLP sales rep described it as "rude", and he was understating it. I had mine for 5 days and I can safely tell you it made my car sound like a piece of crap. It reminded me of owners of old run-down 4 cyl cars who put noise-maker mufflers just to sound cool.

DON'T BUY IT!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Sorry. Thought the OP had v6.

Last edited by C586; 03-06-2013 at 09:35 AM.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Personally I love my LM setup. I am running SLP headers, SLP X-pipe, SLP bullet resonators and LMII exhaust. Im not sure what these individuals above are talking about lol. If you have no plans to install a cat-back or headers down the road I guess you can just go with a muffler delete for a little less money. I personally didn't like the sound of my car when I did the muffler delete. The decal pop was a little overwhelming at times.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Meathead Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
It doesnt sound like a piece of crap at all. I own a LM 1 and love it. I done my research online and heard it in person before i bought it. I would recommend it if you want your car to sound loud.

Watch some youtube videos online to see if you like it.

It is extremely expensive and if your tight on money get a muffler delete
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
ZL600 FK

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL600 #15 (IOM) Convert
I have the LM2 and headers, I get a lot of compliments on the sound of my car. LM1 is louder and I did not want that with the convertible. Not sure what the haters did not like!
ZL600 FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
yes, i have a loudmouth, she sits in the passenger seat!

whooops, you meant exhaust :p
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I've had both the LM1 & LM2 Axleback's. IMO they both sound great, yes they both seem to have a little bit of drone, but nothing that's not standard across the board on exhausts. Both sounded great, but the LM2 is best with a full exhaust set up. Not sure why all the hate for the SLP LM systems. But I know some here will bash SLP's products just because it's SLP with no rhyme or reason.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Yeah LM exhaust definetly sounds like a farting 4 banger....

Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #10
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Trust me, it's not what you want. Here's why.

- Compared to other mods, these sound CHEAP. The well tuned exhaust note, that some engineer at GM somewhere was paid big bucks to obtain, is ruined.

- It's loud. It's really loud. Not only will your neighbours hate you, your wife or GF will hate you. And just like in the South Park Episode with all the noisy bikers, 99% of the people you pass on the street will call you an F...., only for the reason that your car sounds as rude as it does.

- It sounds like a fart. It really does. It is not a good sound.

- It's loud on the inside of your car, with the windows up, with the radio on. Sometimes you'll be on a long drive home and wish for a little piece and quiet, but you won't get it. It's that loud.

Trust me. The sound you want is a very smooth yet aggressive rumble. You want your car to sound powerful, yet refined. You want it to sound like your car is fast, not stupid.

If you're still not sure, wait a while until you find someone else with this exhaust and judge for yourself.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #11
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO 11 View Post
Does anyone have a loudmouth 1 pretty much a straight pipe. Just wondering
if they felt that they lost some power and torque. I did ask SLP and Joe (tech/sales rep.) said that it should'nt lose any power unless you remove the cat. Is he correct not that i dont trust him just want to have a different opinion.
Anyway i have a SS/M6.
I Have ARH 1 7/8" primaries LT headers, high flow cats, x pipe and loudmouth after axle. It's loud. As in rumble my house at idle loud. You can legit hear me miles away. And i dont think it sounds like a ricer by any means, more like you're at a drag strip honestly. wish this site would let me load my videos from my iphone. id be glad to load one for ya. No felt loss in power/torque either.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #12
StangKiller-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Mammer View Post
I Have ARH 1 7/8" primaries LT headers, high flow cats, x pipe and loudmouth after axle. It's loud. As in rumble my house at idle loud. You can legit hear me miles away. And i dont think it sounds like a ricer by any means, more like you're at a drag strip honestly. wish this site would let me load my videos from my iphone. id be glad to load one for ya. No felt loss in power/torque either.
Umm yeah I bet that is super loud with that combo, lol!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #13
StangKiller-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Trust me, it's not what you want. Here's why.

- Compared to other mods, these sound CHEAP. The well tuned exhaust note, that some engineer at GM somewhere was paid big bucks to obtain, is ruined.

- It's loud. It's really loud. Not only will your neighbours hate you, your wife or GF will hate you. And just like in the South Park Episode with all the noisy bikers, 99% of the people you pass on the street will call you an F...., only for the reason that your car sounds as rude as it does.

- It sounds like a fart. It really does. It is not a good sound.

- It's loud on the inside of your car, with the windows up, with the radio on. Sometimes you'll be on a long drive home and wish for a little piece and quiet, but you won't get it. It's that loud.

Trust me. The sound you want is a very smooth yet aggressive rumble. You want your car to sound powerful, yet refined. You want it to sound like your car is fast, not stupid.

If you're still not sure, wait a while until you find someone else with this exhaust and judge for yourself.

I forgot that these cars were suppose to have Mercedes Benz like manners, lol! If you went to the Ocean City, Maryland Cruisin' car shows you'd probably be in a personal hell. The Loudmouth 1 exhaust is quiet compared to everything else rolling the streets there.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #14
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Double post

Last edited by C586; 03-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote