Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 01:15 AM   #85
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Maybe the OP could get his car to go faster if he took the parking brake off.

I appreciate this v6 isn't the fastest out there. I didn't buy it thinking it would be.

To the gents arguing the third-gens. The typical stock third-gen was not much to write home about on the dragstrip. The '92 Firehawk was not the typical third-gen and motortrend did take it to 13.4 in the quarter.

http://musclecarfacts.net/1992-firebird.html
Perhaps that's the problem. E brake free driving might be a revelation. To my eye the V6 Camaro looks cleaner, you can get the 2LT with all the options the V8 has, it get's better mileage it will hit that same 154mph governator the SS will albeit not as quickly - I'm not speaking from personal experience of course. That's pretty fast for a sub 30k car, no?

Not sure how much the OP researched his decision to buy his V6 but perhaps he should have given his purchase a little more thought before pulling the trigger. Fact is none of it's competitors will ever spark a conversation at a gas station like the Camaro. The whole point of these cars is enjoying them and doing to them what you wish in the framework of your bank account. There is happiness and joy beyond 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

I've always rooted for the underdog and love the whole concept of doing more with seemingly less. I chose a V6 over the V8 with the intention of doing some FI-ing down the road and with Lingenfelter and Hennessey seemingly sitting on their hands, STS looks like the plan for me. Can't wait.

To the OP: Have fun with your beautiful ride. Build it instead of picking it apart.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #86
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
You have to add this to the list.. PInk Camaro's V6 will smoke this anyday

Old 09-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #87
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivdav View Post
Vinyl, dealer installed
Your car looks awesome. Congrats.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #88
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
neither is a boosted V8 vs a V6(n/a or not). get the car you want, if you don't like it get something else. Some people get the Camaro for the looks, regardless of engine size. But you wouldn't know that, huh.

..and tell me how the car responds, up to the speed limit.
Huh?? I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. Your response to my post makes zero sense. I was referring to n/a V8's and n/a V6's. There is a huge difference between those two cars when it comes to driving them and the enjoyment gained from it, IMO of course...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #89
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
My little V6 would smoke this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I am truly grateful I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this. ROTFLMAO
The Yugo could haul a$$...

Acceleration:
0-60 in 14.9 seconds
1/4 mile in 20.5 seconds
Top Speed: 84mph@5250rpm
Old 09-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #90
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Ok...I made this thread just to debate About the V6 camaro

but........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
you should have bought the SS crybaby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
It's faster than my rollerblades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Wonders if he really even has a Camaro....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
maybe you're just a crappy driver. Have a nice day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
OH YEAH!!! SO???

Want speed....buy a Bugatti, SSC or McLaren....otherwise.....shut-up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaler View Post
There you go CamaroFreako NOW STFU.

I am 18 years old..and yes I have a camaro v6 which I like and love, and as my first car I thought V8 is too much (which i can afford easily), and I was simply comparing numbers on the Internet, which I see the v6 camaro isn't doing good in, and wanted to disucess it

Now...I got real good replies that convinced me from page 2-3 and understood it all comes down to price in the end...but the rest try to make it like it got something to do with me and i am the asshole who don't like the car and cant drive....

I know I am only 18, but it felt like talking to 13 year old kids that are angry because it seem I don't like the V6

(PS: I don't race, there no racing track in my country)

and to make you happy i will
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaler View Post
STFU.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #91
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
I know I am only 18, but it felt like talking to 13 year old kids that are angry because it seem I don't like the V6
You should expect no less from Americans with blinders on.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #92
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
CamaroFreako dont get mad. I would think that maybe the way you worded the title/original post would rub people the wrong way but thats no excuse for their immaturity. Most people get brave on the internet since they cant get physically injured/punched/slapped for being an idiot on a forum so they act a little... stupid.

I don't really know how the V6 camaro stacks up to other cars. I test drove one when I was ordering my SS. It was an automatic but with the tap shifters it was a lot faster than my last car which was a pontiac G6 GT. With that my G6 was not that fast to begin with.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #93
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Please.... You post on a Camaro forum that the V6 is basic junk and gets smoked by everything then you expect people to pamper and baby you?

Maybe in fantasy land....

Just a few of your comments thus far...
Quote:

The V6 camaro is only a showcar, it looks nice, that all i guess

Quote:
that true, someone will always be faster, but in the V6 camaro, it seems everybody is faster

i feel sad for the v6 challenger now
Quote:

I am talking about the V6 camaro in general, people happy it have 304 HP thinking it fast while its not
Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #94
SIXJAK

Took a drive to St Louis today from southern MO. This is the 1st longish trip (4 hrs each way) I've taken in my 2LT. Even with the pro kit Eibach lowering springs it's still a pleasant place to hang out in. Onstar'd PF Changs XM'd lots of music options and toyed with a stock looking 5.7L GTO on the way back and garnered some respect in the way of a thumbs up from Mr. GTO. I doubt he thinks the V6 is slow as he really couldn't pull away. Also made it through a torrential downpour as we neared Springfield. Car felt secure and predictable. Color me impressed. Wife is driving now and I'm riding shotgun cuz Monster only goes so far.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #95
sailfan26
Camaro driver since 1975

Drives: 97 RS, 98 SS and 2010 LT/RS
To CamaroFreakO
Whether your 18 or 80, doesn't matter. You have a question and seek advise.

Enjoy your car. You made the decision on the 6, and it was a good decision based on your inputs. I too have a 1lt/rs 6 and I absolutley love this vehicle. It's plenty fast enough. All the older 8's out there from the 90's and early 2000's. Watch out, this car, even stock is pretty quick. I even had the pleasure of "testing" my 6 with a (approx) 2004, Mustang GT. I know we're not suppose to talk racing so lets just leave it at. SURPRISE!!!!

Enjoy your car. This is my 7th camaro in my life time startin in 1974. These cars never disappoint. My 98SS still turns heads, the old lady she is!

Go get 'em.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #96
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
no
Old 09-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #97
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
hey everyone chill out !!! its labor day weekend, lets all just enjoy our V6 / V8 Camaros this weekend =) I know I will weather its slower than an altima or 350z i polished up mine yesterday and going cruising with a couple of my other camaro5 buddies here in orange county =)
Old 09-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #98
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Be nice, everyone.
warn 145:159 ban

Closed Thread