Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #211
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Seriously what happened to Tracey? When tees cars first came out he seemed respected an knowledgeable now it seems like anything he gets his hands on blows up or runs terrible! What happened?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #212
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Damn is everything from RX just considered trash?
Yes.

Quote:
Seriously what happened to Tracey? When tees cars first came out he seemed respected an knowledgeable now it seems like anything he gets his hands on blows up or runs terrible! What happened?
If you look at the V6's that had his "turn key" SC and TT kits, they never ran right, used cheap quality parts (also used parts returned from a kit, then were given to another kit as "new") and parts that just failed, i.e. tensioner bracket and rx chiller (that is a knock off of the real chiller from Trekgto).

There are quite a few threads on the above, some on V8 builds and catch cans but just plain rude and disgusting customer service. I would look at those.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #213
crc91

Before I bought my camaro about 2 years ago he talke to me through email about his forced induction options and kinda put down the competition I guess that shoulda been a red flag. When I did buy my camaro and logged into camaro 5 I saw he was suspended and vastly disliked. So needless to say wen the time comes ipf will get my money as long as they're customer service before,during, and after te install is top notch.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #214
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Before I bought my camaro about 2 years ago he talke to me through email about his forced induction options and kinda put down the competition I guess that shoulda been a red flag. When I did buy my camaro and logged into camaro 5 I saw he was suspended and vastly disliked. So needless to say wen the time comes ipf will get my money as long as they're customer service before,during, and after te install is top notch.
yeah he has also "produced" cheap knock off kits of the IPF kit too and over in china. When you have the funds to do the IPF kit, do it. I love my kit, quality is second to none.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #215
crc91

Oh I will! I'm getting the little things together right now simple bolt ons that can be resold easily, exhaust,light weight wheels, improving the interior functionality etc.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #216
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
People are still sending their cars to Tracy? Wtf!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #217
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
So guys you probably don't want to hear this but tracy did it. He kept his word, came through, and fixed my car.
He came to me to change out the scavage pump, cleaned out all the oil, and adjusted a few things. You guys might say why didn't I just bring it somewhere because that's an easy fix but why should I pay the money you know? It's honestly not really about the money either, it's more of me finding out if he would keep his word and he did.

Tracy might have made some mistakes in the past, wether from him messing up, his employees messing up, or his customer service. Whatever it is tracy and his crew helped me out and as far as right now the car is running good. I've driven it 40-50 miles so far and it feels great.

I will be in touch however, I will drive the car for another 200-300 miles take out the charge pipes and clean out what ever residue that might be left and then I will update again.

Also Tracy was logging the car and showed me that he actually did tune the car.
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #218
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
I'll never say a good thing about that hack. 1 maybe maybe ok ending against the 100000 terrible stories.

I hope your car is ok.

Sent from my Note3
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:23 AM   #219
crc91

Hope it all works out well for you bud, and I agree you shouldn't have to take your car somewhere else for something another shop messed up on. They should rectify the problem fast, free, go beyond and above to prove they want your business again, and deliver the results you wanted. Hopefully Tracey and Rx performance did this for you. However if it doesn't well a lot of members will be saying I told you so.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #220
Peter-5

Only time will tell now.... So far so good and tracy did what he promised so I can't say anything but positive things.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #221
Peter-5

Also the reason why I was not building boost in 1st and 2nd was because the waste gate was clogged, it just needed cleaning. He also fixed that issue while he was down here so now my car gets 4-5 pounds in 1st, 5-6 in 2nd, and 6-8 in 3rd, 4th 5th full boost at WOT
Old 10-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #222
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Damn is everything from RX just considered trash?
I don't think so. I've always been optimistic about the RX SC. I got my system used from V6Owner. I beleve it had all the current updates to make it a sound system and so far I've been pleased.

The tune is the only current downside. Trifecta's tune was not effective.
I think the only way to get it done properly is to have it done by a pro-shop like a Livernois.

If you've followed my build, (Erick's Mistress Getting RX Supercharged) I left it all in the hands of a good shop for the actual installation. (I'm no mechanic) Vision Tire and Auto did some tweeks but overall, they said the system went together well. They also got some good support from Tracy.

I ran the system for over a year with the trifecta tune without any issues except for un-optimized power. Now with the Livernois tune, I continue to feel very optimistic about the RX SC system. Even though the sytem is second hand, Tracy has been helpful.

It's been a big investment for the system, intsallation and the tune, but it's also been exciting to what can be done with some expert help, including the information on the forum.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #223
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
Also the reason why I was not building boost in 1st and 2nd was because the waste gate was clogged, it just needed cleaning. He also fixed that issue while he was down here so now my car gets 4-5 pounds in 1st, 5-6 in 2nd, and 6-8 in 3rd, 4th 5th full boost at WOT
Not trying to rain on your glory Peter but... You may need some more tweets. You should be able to build full boost in all gears at WOT. Not some in each gear then all out in the high gears.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #224
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
I don't think so. I've always been optimistic about the RX SC. I got my system used from V6Owner. I beleve it had all the current updates to make it a sound system and so far I've been pleased.

The tune is the only current downside. Trifecta's tune was not effective.
I think the only way to get it done properly is to have it done by a pro-shop like a Livernois.

If you've followed my build, (Erick's Mistress Getting RX Supercharged) I left it all in the hands of a good shop for the actual installation. (I'm no mechanic) Vision Tire and Auto did some tweeks but overall, they said the system went together well. They also got some good support from Tracy.

I ran the system for over a year with the trifecta tune without any issues except for un-optimized power. Now with the Livernois tune, I continue to feel very optimistic about the RX SC system. Even though the sytem is second hand, Tracy has been helpful.

It's been a big investment for the system, intsallation and the tune, but it's also been exciting to what can be done with some expert help, including the information on the forum.

That's right yours is an RX SC too, hopefully Tracey is turning it all around! What ever happened to that roots system he was developing? Lol