Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #29
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
It's possible, but you're still taking an off-chance doing that, so I wouldn't necessarily advise others to do it. Yours may go 20,000 miles and the next guy's may go 2,000 with the same setup/tune. It also depends on your driving style and how much you track the car. If you baby it and don't go to the track much I'm sure the stock engine will last a long time.

At the end of the day a cast piston is a cast piston, and cast piston/rods are not designed to handle a whole lot more than stock power. Yes, the piston technology has advanced but, not enough to where a cast piece will hold up like a forged piece. Plus the rings aren't even gapped correctly for that kind of power. So at the end of the day if someone decides to put that kind of power on the SBE they're just rolling the dice.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Been making 700+ for two years 800+ for over a year, daily driven, lots of pulls up to 160mph, stock ls3 bottom end... it's good tune + good fuel (octane) + common sense

One thing I notice is all these guys blowing up engine is they run pump gas. Detonation kills engines, run a high octane fuel to not only make more power but make it safely. Pump gas is shit fuel for forced induction my motor would have been long gone if it wasn't on e85
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #30
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
Been making 700+ for two years 800+ for over a year, daily driven, lots of pulls up to 160mph, stock ls3 bottom end... it's good tune + good fuel (octane) + common sense

One thing I notice is all these guys blowing up engine is they run pump gas. Detonation kills engines, run a high octane fuel to not only make more power but make it safely. Pump gas is shit fuel for forced induction my motor would have been long gone if it wasn't on e85
+luck! Lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #31
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetguy View Post
Anyone know of a good tuner to tune to e85 around N Illinois
NicKey Performance in St. Charles, give 'em a ring

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #32
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
What kind of hose are you running for the meth the steal braided an fittings or the push to connect. I was having problems with leaking and switched to the an steal braided it was the best move I made, no more battling leaks
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #33
trans665

Drives: 2013 2ss
My mods are in my Sig. Besides my car being a heavy Pig... on my 12 PSI to 9 make 610 to the rear wheels. On my 17psi tune. I make 690 to the rear wheels. I'm on the stock iron block and methanol injection has helped me out a whole bunch. I don't have to change out my fuel system I'm only working office ZL1 pump and the JMS fuel booster with 80 pound injectors... methanol injection is 40 bucks for 5 gallons at a Speed Shop period that 5 gallons usually last me more than 6 months. But I don't have that much of it heavy foot and I don't drive my car all the time... I run my car a hundred percent methanol injection and I haven't had one problem. Just my two cents
Old 11-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #34
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
In my opinion E-85 is your best options with all the stations around you.

I offer Flex fuel conversions so your car will run on any mixture of 93 through E85 and automatically self adjust the fueling and spark to optimize on each fuel mixture.

The investment in the fuel system can be large depending on what power level you are at but you get some of that back every time you fill up at 2.00 a gallon.

You need large fuel system and large injectors ad you will use about 30% more liquid fuel compared to pump gas.

We can consult with you and set you up with all the right stuff to do a proper flex fuel conversion with JRE custom tuning if need be.

Ted.
Funny you should chime in Ted. This car has the HPS turbo kit. You did the initial tune when I installed the kit myself. It has ID850 Injectors ZR1 3 bar map sensor from you now lol. Oh the memories.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #35
Carpetguy

Drives: 2011
Been so busy at work haven't been on this thread lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
NicKey Performance in St. Charles, give 'em a ring
Thanks I will call them
Carpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #36
Carpetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
What kind of hose are you running for the meth the steal braided an fittings or the push to connect. I was having problems with leaking and switched to the an steal braided it was the best move I made, no more battling leaks
It is the push connect style.Talked to Julio at alky and he quoted me on all the braided lines.
Just been to busy to get back to him
Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #37
Carpetguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Funny you should chime in Ted. This car has the HPS turbo kit. You did the initial tune when I installed the kit myself. It has ID850 Injectors ZR1 3 bar map sensor from you now lol. Oh the memories.
So I'm assuming this was not good when you had their tune .
Old 11-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Thank you for your business, I hope all is well.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote