Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #785
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
"...you might be a redneck"
After years of careful breeding, we finally perfected the ultimate banjo player.....

Meet BubbaBobby

Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #786
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  40.3 KB
Old 08-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #787
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Could use that as a diaper in a pinch too
Old 08-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #788
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Could use that as a diaper in a pinch too
...and their disposable too.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #789
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Gotta carve out a new melon every time though!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #790
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Best thread ever?! Why? MWDs! My father was a dog handler in Vietnam. He installed in me at an early age how dogs are truly man's best friend. Not for protection but as companions, friends and LOYAL family. He never spoke of his experiences in Vietnam, but I'm quite sure his dog saved his life and the lives of many others during his service. I only knew of his medals earned in combat after his passing while preparing his home for sale.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #791
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I know red is a Pedders trademark but I wish black was an option for us stealthy guys...
We did that for some 'unknown' sanctioning body racing a number of years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
"...you might be a redneck"
PEDDERS REDneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Best thread ever?! Why? MWDs! My father was a dog handler in Vietnam. He installed in me at an early age how dogs are truly man's best friend. Not for protection but as companions, friends and LOYAL family. He never spoke of his experiences in Vietnam, but I'm quite sure his dog saved his life and the lives of many others during his service. I only knew of his medals earned in combat after his passing while preparing his home for sale.
As a country we did a terrible job of separating the war from the warrior back then. Please pass on my thanks to your Dad for his service in Nam. He earned it and more.

My best guess is he served with a Dobe or a Shepard. Any chance you have a picture your could post?

Ppirro passed his first stage of testing this week. He seems to enjoy military life judged by his still stocky build. His brothers and sister are still in 'puppy' issue collars. Check out the size of his neck and his 'big boy' collar.

Woodward is great. Hooked up with lowdown for lunch. Spent some time with Kyle Gilmore and a bunch from Buyers and Builders event. This evening I was a guest with Becky and Joe from Rodgers Chevrolet at Woodward. This morning was great at the Heritage Center. Especially this.

That is an Official Pedderised Pace Car on display. They said do not touch the cars. They never said don't touch the sign
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #792
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

I forgot to mention previously, thank you Pete for assisting in the development and training of these fine 4 legged "people"! Pprirro is quite the impressive young man! I know for certain one thing that bothered my father is that the MWDs were treated not like soldiers but rather classified as "equipment". My father's partner, Smoke, as he was named, was unable to return stateside with him. I'm happy to see that the 4 legged soldiers now get their proper respect.

As requested, here is a scan of a few photos of my father and Smoke. USA #1.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #793
JusticePete

Great pictures. Your Dad was just a kid with a big dog in a really bad place.

I appreciate your thanks, but we don't deserve them. Ppirro was fostered in honor of EOD Danny Fye and the sacrifices he made in the sand box and he and his family are still making. The next is for EOD Ben Parker who did and is doing the same. They both earned it.

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-16-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #794
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #795
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
W3e have run our Pedders USA Camaros on race tracks around the country. None of our suspension parts break, except at Road America. We have now failed two two links at RA. The first was on the L/28 and the second on Bruce Raymond's 1LE. The reason the links bend is they are performing exactly as designed. When sufficient side load is present the OE designs the link to bend protecting the sub-frame. This works very well if you get loose in the rain and kiss a curb. The same side load can be generated on a race course.

At RA coming off the gatorbacks out of turns loads the outside wheel when the wheel comes back in contact with the track surface. Your have to be running hard and fast to create this condition. That is a given for Bruce Raymond and Danny Popp. It is easy to say make a stronger arm. The stronger arm will load the sub-frame mounting point. We are Pedders and reluctant to do that. We are Pedders and expect our cars to be bullet proof reliable. That put us between a rock and a hard place.

You all know that we really like the ZL1 and 1LE toe links. The sealed bearing are tested to be OEM quiet for 150,000 miles. That is a Pedders part Those links have now failed us twice at RA. We belive our solution is elegant conceptually. We decided to use the OE bearings from ZL1 or 1LE toe links, with a stronger arm and retain the eccentric adjustment as out fuse to protect the sub-frame. The eccentric adjuster should slip under impact allowing just enough motion to protect the sub-frame. Pedders eXtreme Range Eccentrics have thicker eccentrics that provide excellent grip and have been race tested. We think we have the best of all worlds in our new ZL1 1LE upgrade arms.

The only negative to the arms is that we have yet to source the bearings separate from the arms. If you have a 1LE or ZL1 the upgrade is easy. Press the bearings out of the OE arm and press them into Pedders arm. We can do it for you on an exchange basis.

OEM Quiet.
Race car function.

Only from Pedders.
Hmmmmmm, this car looks kinda familiar.

It might even be getting further testing at RA in OCT.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #796
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
T
What wheels are you running?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #797
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #798
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
CCW SP16 20x10 F and 20x11.5 R. Michelin Pilot Super Sport 285/35F and 315/35R.

They are Bruce's old street rims from Raymonds Performance.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote