Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
you bought the car used with 2 previous owners?

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #16
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Chicken and the Egg. thats what the fight will be over. They say you hit something you say you didnt. Hell its NY could been from a really bad pot hole the roads there are a mess. When i go through the underpass just before the GWB it is everything you can do to keep the car on the road it so messed up huge heves giant holes.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 AM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Here is a pole on my block, do you see a curb or a concrete support? Maybe this is the only pole in the US like this, uh no!

I
a pole ?, How about a photo of the pole YOU hit ?
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #18
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
a pole ?, How about a photo of the pole YOU hit ?
He's not the OP.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #19
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I wouldn't recommend coming here for advise. You will only unleash the wrath of GM fanboys. In their world GM is a God and not a money driven company. You? Well to the fanboys you are an asshole that does not know what the hell you're doing and is only trying to get monetary gain by saying that it was God's (GM) fault.

What I would tell you is the following. If your car was bought certified used and it seems that the part was broken before you bought it, then the dealer should be the one at fault since they failed at their certified inspection and the accident was just waiting to happen.

If it was in fact something that was wrong from factory, then GM should be liable for it.

Now if the car is not certified and GM proves that the malfunction was caused by a previous owner, then you would need to settle with your insurance company. Most of us in the forum have not heard of such thing yet, so at this point it seems that it seems like it was damage from a previous owner.

If GM does say it was not their fault I would really look into it just to make sure they aren't lying.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
SSPOLO is right.. Proper course of action is dealer first (if it was certified) then your adjuster.. Keep a cool head no matter what, be professional. If things happened the way you state here, you have a case for some resolution.

It does appear the control arm is broken. I would suspect you'll find there was a prior accident and something serious was missed. Or a prior curb hit that was "fixed" privately and never drove right afterwards (thus two owners) Seems a bit odd. Let your adjuster determine, there's many ways a trained professional can tell how/when it broke.

I remember I had an older mustang and i hit a pothole and it was driving a bit oddly but not anything obvious. It bothered me though so I kept looking under the car and saw nothing for a couple of weeks until one day the light was hitting it just right, it was the front subframe that was completely separated!! The battery was right over that section and had apparently leaked at one time, weakening the frame member. Had it repaired, aligned and sold it.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Okay, so... OP was going 10 mph, suddenly his passenger side front wheel broke off (more or less - not completely obviously). This caused him to lose control and hit some kind of pole, causing the front fender damage. Is that basically it? Just trying to get a clear understanding of events.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #22
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Okay, so... OP was going 10 mph, suddenly his passenger side front wheel broke off (more or less - not completely obviously). This caused him to lose control and hit some kind of pole, causing the front fender damage. Is that basically it? Just trying to get a clear understanding of events.
This is what I think after reading the post, but not sure
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #23
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
In NYC there are Elevated Trains. His Wheel must've disconnected before he noticed it, and IT lodged to the train structure support (WHICH IS ON THE STREET), and made his stuck, and he caused body damage, because he didnt realize this. Seems Legit as there is no Impact damage seen that the pole would caused, and yet there IS wheel damage to where the car was lodges to the pole...FROM the wheel falling off.
Thats scarey!! And like he said he was heading to the highway and his wheel would have fallen off.

I think Camaros need an Urban division, where they are structurally put together to withstand City driving. City driving is sooooo much different than the rest of the world, especially NYC.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #24
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
This is what you need for NY.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #25
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Anyone else notice we have not heard from this guy (op) for over a week ?
Like I said before, It's always someone else's fault.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #26
CamaroBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Anyone else notice we have not heard from this guy (op) for over a week ?
Like I said before, It's always someone else's fault.
He's probably trying to get his car fixed.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #27
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
Hello everyone, I have a serious matter to discuss with you guys. Alright, so I'm 20 and I bought my first car beginning of March which was as you can guess a camaro. When I was car shopping I was anxious didn't look around and shopped very well for a car. I live in bronx New York and I bought my camaro from new rochelle chevrolet certified preowned. I bought a 2012 camaro with 7k miles when I Got it, with 2 previous owners. So last week I was driving to go see some girls and I pulled up to a stoplight my friend was following behind me in a Mercedes Benz c300. At the stop light I looked back and didn't see him so I never pulled off Right away as I usually do when the light turns green. I didn't see my friend behind me so I started to accelerate slowly and was going around 5-15 mph. I didn't hear any snapping or breaking noises and next thing I noticed was I was lodged onto the train pole..I panicked and started shifting gears and moving the steering wheel but the car was not moving...I got out the car and circled the car out of dizziness out of disbelief I was just walking around. I looked at the front passenger wheel And my ss rims were cracked 360 degrees and the wheel is lodged back into the fender... A lot of people came up to me and started asking what happen to me, everyone couldn't believe I got in an accident going 10 mph. People started inspecting the car and was saying that it's a factory defect. When you look behind the rims the lower control arm was snapped and suspension broken and so is the steering wheel dislocated. I filed a product allegation case due to people saying something failed and was waiting to happen. I was 2 minutes away from heading on the highway people said I could of been dead. I towed it back to Chevy they said it was nothing they have not seen before nor do they know what happened...gm sent someone from Raytheon to come inspect the car and send the pics back to them. However, I feel gm is gonna find some way to not take responsibity or whatever happened. But I could of lost my life.
The same thing happens in the turf industry mainly JD gators and EZgo carts.. It usually breaks the same parts on the camaro and strips the rack n pinon.. No warranty on collision is what your get.. If the car had no damage other than the wheel pushed in you could swing it unfortunately when you clip something on the outside of the wheel it tends to break things straight on collisions do less damage..

sorry..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #28
CamaroBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
The same thing happens in the turf industry mainly JD gators and EZgo carts.. It usually breaks the same parts on the camaro and strips the rack n pinon.. No warranty on collision is what your get.. If the car had no damage other than the wheel pushed in you could swing it unfortunately when you clip something on the outside of the wheel it tends to break things straight on collisions do less damage..

sorry..
THAT is messed up. So if hes on the highway and that happens to him, and he looses control and hits the wall, hes not covered?