Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
eBay heritage grill

Got a father’s day gift that just came in. Heard some decent things about the grill and told the wife that’s what I wanted. I will attempt to install tonight or tomorrow. For now here is what it looked like shipped in its box. Could have prob been packaged a bit better but hey no complaints. Nothing is broken and seems to be all good so far. We will see once I install. I will be updating.
Attached Images

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:09 AM   #2
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Someone hit my OEM grille last week so I had to order one from eBay as well. Not the ideal situation but its the best alternative.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I bought that exact grille from the same place. Came in the same box too. Fit perfect and looks amazing in my opinion. Good luck on the install. Its pretty straightforward but I definitely benefitted from a second set of hands for all the grille clips but it was easy enough.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Does the texture and color match the bottom grille, if we didn't want to paint it?

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Does the texture and color match the bottom grille, if we didn't want to paint it?
I didn't paint mine. I think it matches very well. My car is gloss black with flat black accents and little touches of red so I had no need to paint it. The unfinished "finish" looks damn good to me and ive gotten nothing but compliments.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
Panda1LE

It seems to match well. I am not painting mine either. I am starting the install now as we speak. Solo install. So we shall see.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:03 AM   #7
Panda1LE

Well it took me 3 hours from start to finish (in the dark, while drizzling, outside, using one light and with a 15-20 min interruption from a neighbor). Overall not that difficult but one of the bolts to take off the bumper is in a poop spot and I couldn’t take it off without removing most of the fender liners. The grill fits just fine though for an eBay version. I’m happy with it. All the tabs lined up.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
Well it took me 3 hours from start to finish (in the dark, while drizzling, outside, using one light and with a 15-20 min interruption from a neighbor). Overall not that difficult but one of the bolts to take off the bumper is in a poop spot and I couldn’t take it off without removing most of the fender liners. The grill fits just fine though for an eBay version. I’m happy with it. All the tabs lined up.
Looks very nice !!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #9
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I know that bolt. My bumper has been on and off all week I got it down to 15 min removal or install mind you I did reduce the amount of hardware because I know its on and off

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #10
Panda1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Looks very nice !!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I know that bolt. My bumper has been on and off all week I got it down to 15 min removal or install mind you I did reduce the amount of hardware because I know its on and off
Yea I’m sure I can do it faster next time but I don’t really know how people get the top bolt without at least popping off the top push tab and tab behind the spring/shock. I needed room to get my extensions and socket in. I don’t have a swivel so I’m veey limited. Oddly enoug, I couldn’t get the harness plug off either, I had to get more leverage by going under the car. That took me about 10 min itself and made me feel incompetent. Lol. I also realized after I had the car on ramps that I needed to turn the wheels to get access so I had to put the car on stands. You live and you learn. It was my first time for this car.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Long extension and expensive universal socket, preferably 1/4" drive.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:05 PM   #12
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
My wheel wells are off atm too so that helps. Painter requested for when he paints my fender from the hit and run

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #13
hammersfd

Drives: 2017 SS Convertible Fiftieth Anniv
Purchased the same grill, and love it. Had it painted to match.

Last edited by hammersfd; 06-26-2019 at 05:58 AM.
hammersfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #14
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
You got a link for that? All I'm seeing are the ones that are $200, unless those are the ones.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote