Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
You sir are entirely correct... I should point out that I found the thread by searching "differential fluid".

I thoroughly intend on swapping out the trans fluid as well, especially if it pays off with smoother shifts. Any recommendations there?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #30
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I use GM Syncromesh in the transmission, 2 qts for the M6 V6 trans
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

This is for the rear end. For the LSD (G80) diff. One quart for the LFX rear end. This has the additive you dont need anything else.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
This is for the manual transmission. 2 quarts for the LFX transmission. Much smoother shifting than stock oil.

Redline is primo stuff, its what I use, full synthetic. Free shipping and tax free most states at Amazon. Enjoy.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #32
Basemaro

Drives: 2015 BLACK LFX M/T
Decided to bump this thread being that this has to be on your top list to do.

Just put in some new gear oil for my manual tranny. 75w-90 only 2 quarts is needed. I went with lucas since it was local and the chevy dealer was too far. Lucas is a bit too thick IMO but gm syncromesh would be the preferred route.

My 1-2 shift is nearly perfect but i feel like theres more room for improvement for third. Maybe i need to drive it more. Non the less this made me enjoy the car MUCH more.
Basemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
All you have to do is click on the links I posted you will have your stuff in a week. NO EXCUSE not to do it, the tranny is slick as butter with the good stuff in it.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
cam45

Drives: 45th anniversary 2LT/RS
I've read this post and I am convinced! Especially when it comes to shifting from 1st to 2nd on WOT... It is so stiff.

I'm thinking about going with the GM synchromesh product and I want to double check that this is the right product. Product number 88900333
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/na...0333/overview/

I was confused when I read another post about transmission fluid because third to the last guy posted asking if he use '75w90 oil instead of transmission fluid for M6' and the guy after him replied saying 'yes don't put automatic transmission fluid'.
I don't see anything about 75w90 on summitracing; all it says is transmission fluid, manual.
The link to another post: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100836

Thanks in advance!
cam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #35
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Did my transmission fluid and rear end yesterday... shifting feels much smoother, definite improvement! I had 45,000 miles on so I was hoping for the improvement. I plan on straining the oil to see what kind of metal shavings I catch.

Just a helpful tidbit, both the fill and drain are 24 mm. Be careful taking the plug out and have a decent sized pan handy. I lost my grip on the plug resulting in the initial gush of oil hitting the pan and splashing right into my head, not fun.

I used 75w 90 Valvoline full synthetic in the transmission and royal purple in the rear end. The royal purple already had the diff additive in it and I haven't noticed any noise. If you have a manual it is just under 2 quarts of 75w 90 for tranny and 1 for the diff
Old 11-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Ok,

So I'm bumped this thread so I cold ask for some help.

I have a 2013 RS LFX and from what I've read the GM Syncromesh from the dealer is the way to go. Anyone know how many quarts goes into the Auto Trans?

Anyone got a link to this "trans fluid" pump I'll need?

Thx
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #37
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

[QUOTE=KaBoom1701;7224299]Ok,

So I'm bumped this thread so I cold ask for some help.

I have a 2013 RS LFX and from what I've read the GM Syncromesh from the dealer is the way to go. Anyone know how many quarts goes into the Auto Trans?

Anyone got a link to this "trans fluid" pump I'll need?

Thx[/QUOTE

This is for the MANUAL transmission
Old 11-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #38
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Would changing the fluid in the auto trans help?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #39
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Would changing the fluid in the auto trans help?
nope
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #40
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
nope
Can you elaborate? I know it's not a DIY, but I was thinking having the stock fluid swapped for synthetic would help in colder temperatures, and maybe provide smoother shifting overall.

Or is the stock stuff already synthetic?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #41
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

I am really not an auto guy, but the fluid in the auto is designed for the internals of the auto, they are very fluid specific. unless you change the . It should already be synthetic. unless you change the convertor or internals the stock fluid will be fine. I think most use the OE fluid even in performance builds, but I could be wrong
Old 11-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #42
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I am really not an auto guy, but the fluid in the auto is designed for the internals of the auto, they are very fluid specific. unless you change the . It should already be synthetic. unless you change the convertor or internals the stock fluid will be fine. I think most use the OE fluid even in performance builds, but I could be wrong
Ok. Good to know. Save me the time and money...or at least divert it elsewhere.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote