Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
wcarbo

Drives: inferno orange 2ss
Replaced DOD Lifters and now I have a small miss at IDLE

Ok I had a DOD lifter go out on MY 2011 Camaro 2SS .It was number 1 it was collapsed .I drove it 4 blocks with it taping .Appeared no other damage when taking down .Decided to do top end rebuild ,sent heads to shop just because .Bought new Milan lifters all 16 8 dod and 8 regular new gaskets(full set Felpro with 3 piece metal for heads ) new spark plugs wires oil and filter , air filter And also new DOD plate updated version from dealer . Rebuild went fine. But after the job I'm chasing a small miss every now and then at idle . Car is all factory never been worked on 135k miles nothing has been changed I am original owner and kept it stock. I have been trying to figure this one out for about two weeks ..I brought it to a shop that I know the owner and tech very well and they did every test they could think of. what their snap on reader is saying is their is a miss on Number 1,4,6 They are saying that the lifters are bad ..That if they had to try and fix the problem that's where they would start and they would change cam ..I never changed cam it appeared to be fine and the lifter rollers where free and turning ... Ill add more as people ask questions .. The car runs beautiful except sometimes at idle it has a little miss . check engine light is NOT on. they smoked tested intake checked fuel pressure engine compression oil pressure with filter removed .The list gos on ... What is wrong with DOD system ..AS you notice the cyclinders that are missing are 3 of the for Dod lifter sets....Thanks Wayne
wcarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
First guess: maybe DOD lifters went into wrong holes?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
wcarbo

Drives: inferno orange 2ss
99.9 % sure they are in right holes. They go in to the plastic trays ( that I replaced with new ones from dealership) . I know for sure the ones in number one are the DOD lifters because that is where the collapsed one was .And I inspected it ... They do not tap are make any noise and I did old school and ran oil in lifter and through pushrods.Thanks
wcarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #4
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Did you measure the lifter bore on the number one cylinder that collasped?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote