Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Exclamation Reprogram after fluid change??

So I went to a shop to see what it would cost them to flush the trans fluid. He said he would not do that but drop the pan, replace filter and REPROGRAM it. I was shocked to hear this and asked why he would have to reprogram it. The car has been tuned so I am not going to let anyone reprogram the trans. His answer was that after the fluid is dropped the trans goes back into a learn mode, which he said could cause a lot of slipping if not reprogrammed. Is this bullshit or what!?!?
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Go somewhere else.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Go somewhere else.
Yeah for sure, after I heard that I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I want a flush and then I would do the filter change at home. But the programming made me question life.
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote