Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
Royblank

Drives: Blue
And help

Ok so this is my first post I just got my 2014 Camaro 2ss l99 back in September I just purchased long tube headers for it and once I install them when I get the car back out this spring I’ll be getting a tune but while I’m there should I tune out afm? Do I need acutel physical parts like gaskets or anything on the motor or can I just get it programmed out ? Sorry if this was long winded
Royblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royblank View Post
Ok so this is my first post I just got my 2014 Camaro 2ss l99 back in September I just purchased long tube headers for it and once I install them when I get the car back out this spring I’ll be getting a tune but while I’m there should I tune out afm? Do I need acutel physical parts like gaskets or anything on the motor or can I just get it programmed out ? Sorry if this was long winded
Hello and Welcome,

We offer JRE custom tuning for your car via SCT X4 tuning device.

Turning off AFM is standard in all of our tunes and there are no hardware changes necessary.

I expect you have or will have check engine lights due to the header install.

You can purchase a tuner and JRE Custom tuning here.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...x4-power-flash

As soon as you get the device you can read out your factory tune and send it to us for modification, then you will have your tune ready when you are ready to install your headers.

Thank you

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I'll second the notion of a remote tune. Easy and inexpensive (after you purchase the device). If you continue to make mods one at a time, you will likely need tunes along the way to ensure you are getting the most out of your mods and to avoid throwing codes and tripping the CEL.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote