Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #43
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWRX View Post
Pretty much.

Me going to pass someone and then having them purposely speed up in a defacto "race" is pretty much a daily occurance for me. And it's never people in fast cars, a few days ago it was some grandma in a minivan.
THIS! This is exactly what's happening to me!

Never had this problem with my 4th gen..
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
45anni-gen5
Chevy 4 Life

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary RS Vert
Def having the same situation happen...i live in wyoming and i never realized how man people think their sedans are fast but i mean really a nissan maxima?? LMAO oh well i guess jealousy is a crazy thing.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #45
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I think most people drive like idiots to begin with...
Couldn't agree more...finding a normal non-a-hole is a rarity.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #46
NoWRX
Banned

Drives: 2011 STi - World Rally Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45anni-gen5 View Post
Def having the same situation happen...i live in wyoming and i never realized how man people think their sedans are fast but i mean really a nissan maxima?? LMAO oh well i guess jealousy is a crazy thing.
Nissan drivers are the worst, in my experience. A while back, I had some guy in a newer Maxima box me out in traffic and purposely kept me from getting around him all while he had his arm stuck out of his window, straight up in the air, like he had just won the Super Bowl or something.

Congrats, you "beat" me, by pinning me in traffic. Let's get out in open water and I'll bury that 14 second pile.

But yeah, I don't know what it is with those cars, but it seems every person that has one seems to think they're the fastest thing on four wheels.

Quote:
Never had this problem with my 4th gen..
My previous car was a Civic, and I didn't attract a fraction of the negative attention that I get with this car.
NoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #47
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I had some guy last night trying to mess with me in a Ford Fusion....everytime i would pass him (cruise was set btw) he was speed up and passed me and stare at me the whole time. this happened a good 4 or 5 times before i got sick of it. the next time he tried to not let me pass i just stood on it for a few seconds and it shut him up. sometimes you just need to show people their place on the food chain. hell i dont go around picking fights with Vette's and Vipers...know your place!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #48
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Ive noticed ALOT of big trucks that pull along side of me on the freeway and rev their engine and pull off then back off again lookin at me the whole time like they want to race, i just look at them and smile ...knowing i could blow their doors off! Just KNOWING i can is good for me, i have witnessed alot of cars like ferrari's cruising the right or middle lane because they know they dont have to prove to anyone that their car is fast!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #49
iLLcoolZ
NSM

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanline View Post
Since getting our 2011 Camaro SS/RS last week I've noticed something peculiar.

Seems like there is a lot of people driving like a**holes around me.. Sports cars, ricers, and even every day cars.

it's like they all think they are bada**es to pass a Camaro or something.

I mostly ignore them, especially the ones I know I could blow the doors off of.

Anyone else notice this?
Yes. All of a sudden everyone wants to race you. I don't get it! I've also been approached by a Porsche Turbo and a GTR, and to be honest, I find that quite insulting.

iLLcoolZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #50
SVTGOD
Account Suspended

Drives: cobra
WTF!!! What did you think was going to happen on the streets when you bought the camaro. Its usually either of the two: People trying to see your belle car up close or People trying to prove how slow your car is.

Last edited by SVTGOD; 06-14-2012 at 05:11 AM.
SVTGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #51
GARS04

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT 6sp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
I was always convinced that everyone on the road " do what they want!" it's ridiculous. And now that I have my car, it happens a lot. People tring to get in front of you or cut you off or even jam up your tail pipe. Doesn't matter if you drive like grandma or like a bat out of hell.
Almost as irritating as people who list window tint as a mod...
Old 06-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #52
Dooley
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I love the minivans.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #53
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWRX View Post
I don't get people trying to overtly race me so much as just being passive aggressive douche bags by not letting me merge, speeding up when I pass them, etc..

It's like some people out there feel the need to prove something to you because you drive a faster car than them. And I'd say Nissan owners are probably the worst when it comes to this.
So true, here in Columbus, I'd say 30% of the cars that try this idiot routine of trying to lure me into a race or trying to weave in and out of traffic are driving Nissan Altimas. I just don't get it, and when they race up beside me and I completely ignore them in heavy traffic, they get even more reckless because I don't look and take notice of whatever nonsense they are trying to pull.

Another 30% are SUV drivers that either try to jump your tailpipe in traffic or block you in then hit the brakes at times when there is no need, and driven by middle aged women (Which I have yet to figure out why)

30% is just random other cars just being stupid for whatever reason, 5% is imports that actually ARE faster than my Camaro V6 and want to make a point of it, and the last 5% are the rare instance where another american made pony car actually tries to goad me into racing (almost always older model mustangs with disgruntled drivers, or the occasional Charger or Chrysler 300 with a point to attempt to prove.)

So yeah, 9 times out of ten it is someone with a car that couldn't hope to challenge you anywhere besides heavy traffic, and if you manage to get through it to open road, they almost always slow down and get in the right lane without contest, imagine that...

It is jealousy and messing with you at the only time they are able to, pure and simple. Striving for that ricer kill by passing you in traffic is all they have, and most of the time, I'll just let them have it if that is all it takes to get them to settle down. Unfortunately, acting lethargic to their antics just gets them riled up more in many cases.

Just something you have to get used to.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #54
AiRDawG

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I have definitely been challenged by a Prius, a Buick LeSabre, a Grand Cherokee, and two 9 year olds in the back of an Elantra.

Some people just want to see the Camaro doing what Camaros do... go fast!
AiRDawG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #55
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
I get that all the time, and I pay them no attention. I even get woman trying to get my attention, people driving along side of me recording a video, cameras snapped etc! Recently a car load full of pretty girls almost crashed looking at my car, while exiting the freeway Pure craziness.
Note: In my area Im the only person in my early 20s that own a Challenger R/T, and Paid N Full by myself
Im not even done with modding it
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #56
A-little-perspective

Drives: 2011 C63
You all have to look at it both ways. As much as you think they have an inferiority complex, they are probably thinking the same about you, because you drive some fast car and think you are better than every one else on the road.

I know if I am in heavy traffic and some guy behind me, driving whatever car that he probably thinks is better than mine, wants to pass me and fit in the 1.5 car lengths between me and the person in front of me, I will more than likely prevent this person from entering that space. That is my complex just as much as the guy behind me.

Everyone in the US thinks what they have is better than what someone else has. If it isn't faster then it was a better buy. If it wasn't a better buy it is more environmentally friendly. We were a nation built on pride and it shows everyday in the slightest of circumstances.
A-little-perspective is offline   Reply With Quote