Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckpipe View Post
A little more history. Bought the car new, with 40 miles on it and have been using it as a daily driver ever since. At around 6,000 miles, the navigation system went out. Chevy replaced the unit. At around 35,000 miles, I put on my 3rd set of Goodyear tires on, found I needed a brake job. Had that done. At about 37,500 miles, I noticed the ABS light came on, but then go away after a couple of minutes. Now with 38,800 it started acting up, where the system warning lights mentioned above started coming on and then off. I did drive by the dealer after the ABS light came on, but every thing was fine as far as they could tell.
Check all the connections to the main fuse block in the engine bay as well as checking the seating on all the fuses, if that doesn't help more focus on the ECU. Scan to see if you have any codes.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
stuckpipe

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1
We'll after going around and around with my Chevy dealer it came out to be first, a loose ground wire to the ECM. Then since that didn't fix the problem they determined that it may be the ODBII connector that I had on the car for insurance purposes. For some unknown reason after 38,000 miles the car decided it didn't like having a "passive" device connected to it and it was causing the problem. So far, I driven about 300 miles and no issues. We will see how long it last.

The dealer did give me a memo on the issue. My guess is sometime in the last 3000 miles the software was updated on the car to monitor these issues.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ODBII Connector Issues.pdf (4.40 MB, 50 views)
stuckpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #17
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I hope this is the fix for you...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #18
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckpipe View Post
We'll after going around and around with my Chevy dealer it came out to be first, a loose ground wire to the ECM. Then since that didn't fix the problem they determined that it may be the ODBII connector that I had on the car for insurance purposes. For some unknown reason after 38,000 miles the car decided it didn't like having a "passive" device connected to it and it was causing the problem. So far, I driven about 300 miles and no issues. We will see how long it last.

The dealer did give me a memo on the issue. My guess is sometime in the last 3000 miles the software was updated on the car to monitor these issues.
That's why I asked about if you had an OBDII plugin earlier since I've had a somewhat similar issue with my dashlogic plugged in first while I was on track and then also on the street. I hope this is the complete fix for you and good luck.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #19
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
I am MECP certified and I count how many times issues like this are something simple like a failing battery, loose cables, or bad cables. The main fuse box is another common issue. I was doing a remote start install for a dealer on a brand new express van. As I was finishing, CEL light was on. My scanner would not power up. No power at the odb2 port. Anyways ended up being a shorted fuse panel under the hood. Mind you, the only thing I needed to install under the hood was a sticker lol
Ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote