Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Ivan0072
2017 Red Hot Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Thumbs down I do not know what else to do! (Starting issue)

I bought my 2017 2SS (Manual Trans) about a year ago with about 7k miles. I have about 15k on it now. Over the years of owning it, I have been given bad luck throughout my ownership. I am sorry I cannot give exact details but I will try my best. I currently do not have all the paperwork as I am writing this on my lunch break. The first time I had this issue was when I was driving home from work. The Display kept instructing me to "Release the clutch pedal". I did not have the pedal in nor do I ride the clutch. I got home and the next day I tried to start it, it would not start. It kept instructing me to "Press clutch pedal to start vehicle". After a couple of tries I was able to get it started. I drove it a couple of days like this until the dealer was finally able to get a loaner for me. I take it in and got a call a few days later stating "nothing was wrong with my car". A couple of weeks later, same issue!(Second time to dealer) I was not so lucky with starting the car this time. I had to call in for work to have my vehicle towed to the same dealer. After a couple of days they called me to let me know my vehicle was ready for pickup. They apparently found a faulty pin going to the sensor so they had to replace the pigtail I believe. A couple of weeks later it happens again.(Third time to dealer)I Went to the corner store and it would not start. I had to get it towed the next morning. I called work to notify them I would be late. They honestly believed I was lying just to not go into work. I dropped off my car and was assured they would fix my car for good this time. It took them a lot longer to find out it had a "bad clutch position sensor". I was so close to missing the 8th Camaro fest that just passed. I took it on my trip and the whole time I drove there it kept telling me to "release clutch pedal" it would ding like crazy every 10 miles or so. I was honestly so afraid to turn off my vehicle each time I had to refuel. I was so afraid every time I parked somewhere and shut it off. I luckily made it the entire festival without it not starting. I made it home with the same stupid message in the display. I did speak to Al and Scott at the parking lot party and assured me GM would take care of my issue. It was an honor to meet these two great guys. I drive it like this for a couple more days until it doesn't start again. (Fourth time to dealer) I had to get it towed again to the same dealer. I was lucky enough that they had just received a loaner that day for me. This was about a month ago. It has been there for so long. They claimed to have replaced the brake master cylinder, clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder. I called to check the status of my vehicle a couple of days ago and they told me it was working fine but the data on the scanner showed the data was not at the correct parameter it should be. I gave up on the hope this car would be fixed a long time ago. I am typing this out of disappointment for GM. I have been in contact with someone higher up the ladder from this website.
https://www.gm.com/lemon-law.html
I just got off the phone after calling her so many times. I had explained by my third visit that I longer felt safe having anyone or myself drive the vehicle. I requested a buyback as it has been to the dealer 4 times for the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I believe it has been an accumulative of 3 months sitting at the dealer while I drive around in near base model 4 cylinder vehicles. I had to miss many events with my friends because I cannot use my vehicle. I had to call GM again for them to tell me that I was not eligible for buyback. I asked as to why and she was unable to let me know why. Apparently this is TOP SECRET as she stated sometimes they could not disclose this with customers sometimes. I found this outrageous as I needed to know why. I am stuck at this point not knowing whom to contact or what to do. Should I turn to the BBB? Should I make a YouTube video and get attention this way? Should I get a lawyer and challenger GM in court? Is there anyone higher I may speak to? I honestly hate this car and I am starting to lose faith on GM. Everyone from work, friends, family know man situation. They are only seeing me struggle with a GM vehicle. I am sure this may sway people into not buying a GM vehicle ever again. I need help...
Old 08-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Have you tried taking it to another dealer? I see there are 2 in your area. I'd only give a dealer 2 tries. After that, I'm out.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Ivan0072
2017 Red Hot Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Have you tried taking it to another dealer? I see there are 2 in your area. I'd only give a dealer 2 tries. After that, I'm out.
Uknfrotunalty, no. I thought it would be better to keep taking it there since they know what previous work was done. I am just wondering what I am supposed to do if they "fix it" again. What if after this I have the same issue again? What if the next dealer cannot fix it either?
Old 08-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Definitely try a diff. dealer....

You have a bad clutch switch...

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
GM will always tell you that you dont qualify, if they didnt they would have to buy back 100% of the vehicles that people asked to be bought back. Very similar to health insurance, always deny 1st and then let the person make a second request.

Open a formal inquiry to GM executive customer care, hire a local lemon law attorney. I got my 2014 Sierra bought back on my own after 2 years worth of repair attempts, ex family member had a vehicle with similar issues as your and used a local lemon law attorney. Took the attorney 2 letters, GM flew engineers out and go the car fixed and mailed my family member a $6k check and paid the attorney for their time as well.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Its under Warranty - go to a DIFFERENT DEALER

If they cannot fix it (which I find hard to believe) then open a lemon law case.

This sounds like a SIMPLE issue.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyback, customer, dealer, law, lemon