Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Carbon fiber rear fender flares

I didnt know this was a thing and came across this online. I do not plan to purchase. Not sure what the purpose is for other than looks? I don’t think our Camaro’s need them. Thoughts and Opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:47 AM   #2
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
its for looks and to run a 12-13inch wheel... usually have to cut into the factory fender under the overlay for it to all run correctly. once you go widebody its hard to go back.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:55 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I mean, i kinda dig it. Match it with some carbon fenders and some wide wheels. I dont think I would ever run them, but I get it.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
fugly and expensive,only reason would be for a drag car.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
SummitWhite11

Thanks for the responses. I agree though it is FUGLY in my opinion.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:48 PM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Kind of like a hydrogen bomb. Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:52 PM   #7
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Remember I was looking at flares because with new wheels I was looking at 5mm spacers to clear the handbrake line, thankfully didn't need it (just barely), wish that the Z28 style flares were more innexpensive\available, much better option then something like that imo.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:52 PM   #8
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
Remember I was looking at flares because with new wheels I was looking at 5mm spacers to clear the handbrake line, thankfully didn't need it (just barely), wish that the Z28 style flares were more innexpensive\available, much better option then something like that imo.

That's an idea right there. Much better option as you stated for those going that route.

Old 03-18-2024, 04:53 PM   #9
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Kind of like a hydrogen bomb. Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should.

Totally agree!

Old 03-18-2024, 05:06 PM   #10
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Gross… looks like sheeit. The way mother GM performance built the sheet metal on these cars is exactly how they need to stay.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:06 PM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Gross… looks like sheeit. The way mother GM performance built the sheet metal on these cars is exactly how they need to stay.
AGREED!!! One of the guys I know around here put those nasty looking flares on his Camaro, but he painted them white to go with his red and white theme. Looks absolutely morbid, but he loves the look!!
Old 03-19-2024, 04:22 PM   #12
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
AGREED!!! One of the guys I know around here put those nasty looking flares on his Camaro, but he painted them white to go with his red and white theme. Looks absolutely morbid, but he loves the look!!

I can imagine. Any chance you have pics of it?

Old 03-19-2024, 06:01 PM   #13
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Also, if you put flares on the CamaroGen5, it totally screws with the lines of the CamaroGen5. The back flares caught my eyes being wide from the factory like a weight lifter. I also believe that's a big reason Camaro 6 owners want to or think about going back to the 5. Now, these flares would look terrible IMO but to each their own. CamaroGen5
Old 03-19-2024, 06:13 PM   #14
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
These flares are way over the top IMO. Looks ricey.

The Z/28 flares are about the limit for going wider.