Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #169

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If he lied to the dealership, then I wouldn't fully trust what he says happened or that it happened the way he says it did. And I don't buy the whole innocent act. You can if you want. But I don't buy it. I'm not 6 years old nor am I ignorant. He bought the car and modified it. Then he returned it to stock, took it to a dealership that he thought he could get away with selling it to...or probably took it to several dealerships and this was the only one who would take it, lied to them about what was done, and got caught. All the evidence points to it. All the deleted/edited posts a day after they called him. Well, I hope he didn't use Paypal, lol. Because they'll find it if the transactions are in there or if he put it in the description. Or if he shipped it out thru UPS or USPS or FedEx and put it in the description. That is what is wrong with the world. Everyone thinks they're sneaky or can beat the system. All he has to do is be honest and work it out. If he doesn't, then he'll end up paying court fees, lawyer fees, fines, etc ON TOP of whatever he'll have to pay back to the dealership. There is always a trail and always something to find. You think you're gonna walk into a court room and tell a judge "oh I didn't know it had a roll cage"...lol, ok sure, let me know how it works out. They'll see right thru it.
Good grief....This post is so full of fail...In a paranoid future world it might have some validity, but I don't know where to start....Anything to do with mods including these forums looks like it rises to the level of the Holocaust or something....sheesh....
Old 08-28-2016, 09:36 PM   #170
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
If he lied to the dealership, then I wouldn't fully trust what he says happened or that it happened the way he says it did. And I don't buy the whole innocent act. You can if you want. But I don't buy it. I'm not 6 years old nor am I ignorant. He bought the car and modified it. Then he returned it to stock, took it to a dealership that he thought he could get away with selling it to...or probably took it to several dealerships and this was the only one who would take it, lied to them about what was done, and got caught. All the evidence points to it. All the deleted/edited posts a day after they called him. Well, I hope he didn't use Paypal, lol. Because they'll find it if the transactions are in there or if he put it in the description. Or if he shipped it out thru UPS or USPS or FedEx and put it in the description. That is what is wrong with the world. Everyone thinks they're sneaky or can beat the system. All he has to do is be honest and work it out. If he doesn't, then he'll end up paying court fees, lawyer fees, fines, etc ON TOP of whatever he'll have to pay back to the dealership. There is always a trail and always something to find. You think you're gonna walk into a court room and tell a judge "oh I didn't know it had a roll cage"...lol, ok sure, let me know how it works out. They'll see right thru it.
Sorry...I guess I didn't see the part where he denied the roll cage or lied to the dealer. Can you copy and paste that here?
Old 08-28-2016, 09:41 PM   #171
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Sorry...I guess I didn't see the part where he denied the roll cage or lied to the dealer. Can you copy and paste that here?
If that is the case then I misspoke. I can admit when I say something that isn't correct. But it seemed to me that he was trying to be deceptive and got caught. But still, regardless, the dealership has a right to be upset and to do all within their legal ability to get their money back. If the situation was reversed, you'd be saying the exact same thing. It can't always be that the dealerships are always the bad guys on here. They want their money and they have a right to it. If they have no legal standing then so be it. If they do then more power to them.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #172
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Good grief....This post is so full of fail...In a paranoid future world it might have some validity, but I don't know where to start....Anything to do with mods including these forums looks like it rises to the level of the Holocaust or something....sheesh....
I wasn't saying it for you to agree with it first off. If someone or some company wants their money back, you'd be surprised to see what levels they'll go to in order to get their money. If it did go to court, then you bet you behind they'd pull up everything they can to try to prove their point. It isn't "paranoid future world" or "holocaust" level...it is what smart people do. We're not talking chump change. We're talking about probably about $20,000. No dealership no matter how successful they are is gonna wanna eat that kind of money. They'll go to all kinds of lengths to get it back. I bet you they could even have those deleted posts dug up too if they wanted. Maybe you'd throw your hands up and call it a loss. But most people will go to every length to get that kind of money back.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:53 PM   #173
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
If that is the case then I misspoke. I can admit when I say something that isn't correct. But it seemed to me that he was trying to be deceptive and got caught. But still, regardless, the dealership has a right to be upset and to do all within their legal ability to get their money back. If the situation was reversed, you'd be saying the exact same thing. It can't always be that the dealerships are always the bad guys on here. They want their money and they have a right to it. If they have no legal standing then so be it. If they do then more power to them.
Exactly, sir. The OP hasn't bashed the dealer or said anything negative at all. He simply is trying to figure out who in this situation has the legal leg to stand on. I bet he was just looking to see if anyone else had been in a similar situation.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #174

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I wasn't saying it for you to agree with it first off. If someone or some company wants their money back, you'd be surprised to see what levels they'll go to in order to get their money. If it did go to court, then you bet you behind they'd pull up everything they can to try to prove their point. It isn't "paranoid future world" or "holocaust" level...it is what smart people do. We're not talking chump change. We're talking about probably about $20,000. No dealership no matter how successful they are is gonna wanna eat that kind of money. They'll go to all kinds of lengths to get it back. I bet you they could even have those deleted posts dug up too if they wanted. Maybe you'd throw your hands up and call it a loss. But most people will go to every length to get that kind of money back.
Why do some assume the dealer has been defrauded by not being informed the op's vehicle was an undisclosed salvage from having a roll-bar?

Nothing has shown that to be the case. I don't think you have read the whole thread.

Some seem to think that modifying a car and returning it to stock is some sort of deceitful crime. That is another paranoid assumption.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #175
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Exactly, sir. The OP hasn't bashed the dealer or said anything negative at all. He simply is trying to figure out who in this situation has the legal leg to stand on. I bet he was just looking to see if anyone else had been in a similar situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Why do some assume the dealer has been defrauded by not being informed the op's vehicle was an undisclosed salvage from having a roll-bar?

Nothing has shown that to be the case. I don't think you have read the whole thread.

Some seem to think that modifying a car and returning it to stock is some sort of deceitful crime. That is another paranoid assumption.
The whole thing seemed shady to me. All the deleted posts right after he says they called him. That to me sounds like he was hiding something or trying to hide something. I don't think the story happened exactly how he says it happened. And it seemed to me that he was somewhat dishonest to them about exactly what was done to the car. No there is nothing wrong with modding and then demodding to sell your car. But there is something wrong with not disclosing everything that was done to the car. I've had my SS for just over 4 years now. I've kept every receipt for the mods I bought and put on it. If I sell it, the buyer will know everything. I even wrote down the mileage the car had when each particular mod was added. There is nothing wrong if I decide to take everything off and return the car to stock as long as I mention it to the prospective buyer. that is only fair.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #176
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Every thing you have posted since 1984 Quantum Link has been saved whether or not you deleted it.

I went to my G-Mail account some weeks ago, selected a page full of spams, hit delete. But the mails persisted. I clicked the trash bin and a popup asked "Why would you ever want to delete anything when you have so much storage space?"

Big Brother never quits.
So be careful what you share.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:21 AM   #177
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
nothing gets deleted ever tater salad
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 08-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #178
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Except Hillary emails.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:56 AM   #179
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
And people with knowledge of said emails....
Old 08-29-2016, 05:54 AM   #180
pbeyer2010

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Discounting the original post, in 13 pages, how many times has the OP chimed in ? Was this just a bait story to get the C5 crowd riled up?

SS MOOSE
Old 08-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #181
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeyer2010 View Post
Discounting the original post, in 13 pages, how many times has the OP chimed in ? Was this just a bait story to get the C5 crowd riled up?
I don't think so. I think he is just trying to be cautious of what he says. I mean, he did edit out all his posts. Maybe he lawyered up and they told him not to talk about it or go into details about it to anyone.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 AM   #182
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
And people with knowledge of said emails....

Closed Thread