Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #15
Sales@Texas-Speed

Drives: Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
So you figure with ~ 12% loss for RWHP you are at ~ 503? No head mods i.e. porting, milling? Please give details about the supporting mods.. This is using the dyno graph with max power @ 572... Been waiting to pull the trigger on a setup. Are you still working on solid setups?
The only mods are the Dyno headers and it's not restricted by the stock air box. The base line was 484hp 479tq. That's with the l99 which is down a little vs what we see with an ls3. It's just the difference in compression.

We are definitely still going to be doing the solids. They are actually about to start here pretty quickly. We are just finishing up our VVT cams and the hydraulic LS3 cams now. The engine dyno runs almost all day here testing cam after cam until we are happy with the results. Being able to grind your own cams here makes it very convenient to find exactly what we are looking for.
Sales@Texas-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Texas-Speed View Post
The only mods are the Dyno headers and it's not restricted by the stock air box. The base line was 484hp 479tq. That's with the l99 which is down a little vs what we see with an ls3. It's just the difference in compression.

We are definitely still going to be doing the solids. They are actually about to start here pretty quickly. We are just finishing up our VVT cams and the hydraulic LS3 cams now. The engine dyno runs almost all day here testing cam after cam until we are happy with the results. Being able to grind your own cams here makes it very convenient to find exactly what we are looking for.
Maybe I calculated it wrong, but with the specs given does that mean this has 17 degrees of overlap? I'm assuming drivability would suck with that figure?
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #17
Sales@Texas-Speed

Drives: Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Maybe I calculated it wrong, but with the specs given does that mean this has 17 degrees of overlap? I'm assuming drivability would suck with that figure?
It's 16.5 but yes that pretty close. In an LS3, that overlap really isn't too bad of a driver. It's just a matter of preference. Tuning has a ton to do with drivability anyway. All that being said, we do have multiple cams that are available because we understand that every cam isn't for everyone.

We have a stage 2 cam that only gives up about 4 hp to the stage 3 but has 4 degrees less overlap for better drivability. We also have a stage 1 with only around 4 degrees. It's really just about what the end user is looking for.
Sales@Texas-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #18
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Patrick G did this camshaft & a stock stall this week! Just needs a great tuner if your running a automatic!
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #19
TeamMNK

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
It's all here! Install happening this weekend hopefully. A little nervous but super excited at the same time!! Thanks again Texas Speed. Can't wait to hear this beast.
Attached Images

TeamMNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #20
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Man you got the whole care package! You're gonna be blown away in the difference you feel
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #21
TeamMNK

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Man you got the whole care package! You're gonna be blown away in the difference you feel
Man I am really hoping so!!! Wanted to stay naturally aspirated so the cam and bolt on's I figured were the best bet. After driving the Camaro for several months, I am used to the power. Don't get me wrong, rowing through the gears on some back roads still gives me a thrill with stock power, but I'm itching for more!!!
TeamMNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #22
DarrinSmartL99

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/2SS
Did Patrick state what cam made on Kurt's dyno? I know it is a very conservative dyno.
DarrinSmartL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #23
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
For what a set of LS7 lifters goes for - it is peace of mind especially since you have egine open...
+1
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #24
STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMNK View Post
It's all here! Install happening this weekend hopefully. A little nervous but super excited at the same time!! Thanks again Texas Speed. Can't wait to hear this beast.
Congrats. No need to be nervous...trust me, it will all go away when you hear it for the first time sounding like this:

LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
Old 02-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #25
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Congrats. No need to be nervous...trust me, it will all go away when you hear it for the first time sounding like this:

What happened to your intake air box?
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #26
STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
What happened to your intake air box?
That video was taken shortly after the initial start-up of the new motor. I just tossed the Airaid filter and tube on temporarily until I devoted the time to install the rest.

I ended up ditching the Airaid set-up altogether for the Z28 intake actually. The Airaid IAT's were through the roof. The tube sat right on top of the rad hose in the area of the MAF....Other have reported the same problem with it.

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #27
ksmrz

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ptv clearance has to be cutting it close. That narrow lsa with a 2 degree advance, 230s intake duration...don't miss a shift!
2010 2SS LS3 228/235 Cam Motion custom ground cam, AI 280cc ported heads, Dynatech 1 7/8" long tubes, catless mids, CAI intake, ATI 10% UDP, CORSA cat back, Slp 160 tstat, gm 3.91s/Tru trac, EFI LIVE tuned by myself
ksmrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #28
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMNK View Post
OMG, that box!

It is dripping with powah!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote