Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #29
Firebreed
Got Boost?

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6 SLP TVS 2300
Its complete bull crap. if your with Navyfed then you will get your full paycheck according to them. Thank god i have some stuff in savings.... Still give me half pay? you just might get half the work.....
Future Mods: 416ci stroker.
Firebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #30
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
looks like they came to a temp agreement at the last minute...
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #31
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
The Military would have still got paid. Marine Fed, Navy Fed, Pacific Marine all would have paid those who are in the military.

Some of ya'll that said 1/2 of pay is full of crap, stop assuming.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #32
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
I got two words for the Congress Peeps and this stupid budget cut!!

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!! Congress get with the program and pay these hard working men and women or GTFO!!
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:13 AM   #33
deb

Drives: 2010 SS1 Camero rs rjt/73 & 03 M Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
So let me get this straight, send me to a forward combat zone and then NOT pay me oh but the people who cant seem to agree to pay me still get paid.

Ya I am disgusted.

sigh
K
All elected and appointed federal employees should get paid as the heroes get paid. 50% = 50%.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #34
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
I bet they don't stop collecting taxes though! In NY they go throuhg this almost every year with the state budget, the funny thing is the politicians NEVER stop getting paid, they are essential, but the Police and Military are not?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #35
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
ColdCamaroSS, Firebreed and My1stcamaro already summed up the facts for active duty personnel, mobilized military members or reservists currently on drills. For the reservists that aren't drilling, they just won't drill until the budget is good. NavyFed and a few other banks are covering the other half of the missing pay check. So active duty personnel will still get a full paycheck. When the budget is passed, that other half of the pay check will just absorb back into the bank. We will never know any different.

If you all think that active duty is underpaid, you might be surprised at what we make (like previously stated also). Here in the DC area living off base, I grossed just over 80K last year. I am a Navy Chief (E7). I have no reserve saying what I make because military pay scales, housing allowances, COLA and other entitlements are all public record. All you need to do is google the info. A Navy Captain living off base would gross over $160K a year here in the DC area. After 20 years of service and a member retires, the next month that member receives their retirement check. They will get 50% of their base pay for the rest of their life and only pay a yearly premium around $500 for medical insurance for the family plan.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #36
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
all that would be fine if they didnt have to tax me for those benefits.. $500 a year for insurance (for the whole family)? thats insane...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
all that would be fine if they didnt have to tax me for those benefits.. $500 a year for insurance (for the whole family)? thats insane...
Yep, $460 a year premium, $12 co-pay for outpatient/appointments and $11 a day co-pay for inpatient.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #38
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
The Military would have still got paid. Marine Fed, Navy Fed, Pacific Marine all would have paid those who are in the military.

calm down there buddy.. you dont know everything.

yes they came up with a new plan, so this doesnt matter now, but I gotta correct you anyway.

Not every military member has those banks.... many switched to home town banks, or other big banks like Citi, Bank Of Ameria, etc etc.

so not everybody would have gotten the full paycheck promise those banks made.

on top of it, those banks only promised to do that for 1 check. If worse met worst, and the gov did not reach a deal by the first... those banks would not have paid a full or even a half check on the 1st, so the threat was still there.

Congress made a deal, so its all over now and we can be happy..... but dont fuss at somebody for assuming, when you are doing it too. I'm active duty Marine Corps, and even though I have Navy Fed, i have many friends who switched back to their pre-Marine Corps hometown bank.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #39
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post

Agree with what the other poster just said, my son's LES only had half the pay online....fortunately, it seems resolved for the moment!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #40
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't think anyone would have actually taken a pay cut (or at least would have gotten back pay a few weeks later). I think that was just a scare tactic that was thrown out to get media attention.

What is really pathetic is how little this whole showdown has really meant. It is, in fact, nothing but grandstanding and a big waste of time. One side wants to spend $3.65 trillion, the other wants $3.62 trillion. Regardless of who wins, it will make no difference for all intents and purposes. They are putting us through this for nothing. And this was just an early skirmish. The war to come hasn't even started yet.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #41
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
I don't think anyone would have actually taken a pay cut (or at least would have gotten back pay a few weeks later). I think that was just a scare tactic that was thrown out to get media attention.
Like Reid going on TV to say they wanted to take away a womans right to a breast cancer screen. Thats why they wouldn't budge BS
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #42
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Agree with what the other poster just said, my son's LES only had half the pay online....fortunately, it seems resolved for the moment!
MYPAY is still trying to correct everyones LES i have a lot of unhappy soldiers in my unit i just have to keep reminding them they will get payed.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote