Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
It's a complicated process. We have a satellite that orbits the earth tracking every camaro on the planet. When the fest hits we have it take down every camaro within a one mile radius of beech bend drag way. Then we have our number.

Then we back it up the hard way at the gate with one of these.
LOL, we actually did use one of those
Old 08-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #16
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Coming from someone who's been to all of them, this was #1. However, each fest has it's own special part that appeals to different folks. Some will say Indy #1 for the large number of cars and others will say Arizona for the CamaroVan there and large vendor attendance and then there was the sheer magic of Fest I and the cruise that can never be duplicated.

This one offered some special things like the tours so attendees had choices of other activities. It was also a nice compact area without long distances between events and a hotel parking lot that was awesome. It also offers some additional things like cruises if we ever go back. I was just told about 25 different routes that other car groups have taken and I know this would be something our Camaros are interested in doing again.
And Your Effort ...
To make this a Success....

....VERY MUCH ....
APPRECIATED!!!

mlee =

:

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
And a red chevy spark...... lol
Hey! Don't forget my wife's white Chevy Spark that she had to rent to get there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Coming from someone who's been to all of them, this was #1. However, each fest has it's own special part that appeals to different folks. Some will say Indy #1 for the large number of cars and others will say Arizona for the CamaroVan there and large vendor attendance and then there was the sheer magic of Fest I and the cruise that can never be duplicated.

This one offered some special things like the tours so attendees had choices of other activities. It was also a nice compact area without long distances between events and a hotel parking lot that was awesome. It also offers some additional things like cruises if we ever go back. I was just told about 25 different routes that other car groups have taken and I know this would be something our Camaros are interested in doing again.
Valdosta had 367 Camaros in the cruise. 3.3 miles long and through three counties. I know...because I watched the 10 minute video of every...single...camaro that passed. And I counted all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
It's a complicated process. We have a satellite that orbits the earth tracking every camaro on the planet. When the fest hits we have it take down every camaro within a one mile radius of beech bend drag way. Then we have our number.

Then we back it up the hard way at the gate with one of these.

I saw Janet at the gate on Friday doing that same thing.

Even while we were at the track on Saturday, I went back to the host hotel to get my ZL1 and there were at least two dozen Camaros there. Then there were more across the street at other hotels. It's crazy how many were in one area of town!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Solid numbers!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #19
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Had a great time and put some faces with screen names.
As many have stated, thanks so much for all of the work and effort that goes into making this such an amazing event.
I thought Bowling Green was a great host town.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It sure felt like more. Isn't that rather low compared to the first Indy Fest? Great fun regardless.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #21
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
My first fest but hopefully not my last. Glad Vader got some love, but man, I got way too much inspiration from everyone's cars.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #22
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
It sure felt like more. Isn't that rather low compared to the first Indy Fest? Great fun regardless.
From what I remember everything is low compared to the first Indy fest.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Thanks to all that made this happen, as all ways first rate job, now can we do it next year out west up to you where, but out west.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I knew atleast as many as Baytown was there. Baytown was 700ish. This one was way better than last year.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #25
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I was at the first Indy fest which was awesome, the second Indy sucked, i missed Texas but we made it out to Bowling Green.

When we first rolled into Bowling Green after a 14 hour ride from Jersey with my club following me i was very excited especially since i had recently traded in my 2011 SS for a brand new 2015 ZL1. I've never been to Bowling Green before and it was very open with lots of room and lots of sights.

Once we made it to the hotel all i wanted to do was get my car off the trailer so i unstrapped it forgetting i adjusted it's position on the trailer 7 hours earlier at a rest stop and forgetting to put it back in gear with the e-brake on. So when i released the last strap it rolled off the trailer by itself and the strap bounced up denting the hood and gouging the front bumper. I was in pure shock to see my brand new car rolling away but i managed to catch it before anymore damage was done, pure stupidity on my part but i guess a 14 hour ride will make you forget things. At this point i was so upset with what happened to my brand new perfect car all i wanted to do was go home.
Everyone told me to calm down and breathe and not to let it ruin my vacation. It was a rough night but i let it all go and stayed and had an amazing time!

This by far was my best Fest, we went to the corvette museum Thursday morning then the plant tour after and then we took an hour ride down to Nashville to check that out. Friday morning we got up early headed to the track set up camp watched our friends autocross and drag race took a lunch break at some hole in the wall BBQ place outside of the track then headed to the hotel to relax and walk the parking lot. Nashville was so cool we went back Friday night had the best time ever bar hopping and we took our trucks instead of our camaros so we wouldn't come home racing each other and getting into trouble. Although we missed the parking lot party i think it was worth it after hearing what happened there that night with the mustangs.
Saturday we did the track again then dinner at the smokey bones and parking lot after.
Sunday Morning a friend and I went down I -65 for a cruise there was no one around so we did a few short pulls starting at 40 mph to see whos car was faster before packing up and making the long trip home.

We had such a great time everyone in my crew was sad to leave, there was too much to see and not enough time. I think it was a perfect place for the fest. I'd like to thank everyone involved for making it happen, it cost me a small fortune towing my car out with my gas guzzling truck and the hotel room and other expenses but in my eyes it was well worth the trip.

I heard a lot of complaints about the vendor turn out again and organization.
These things can be worked on and made better and i think they are minor details. There is no way you can please everyone and as usual Jannetty Racing came through once again and was there for anyone in need doing the best they could to get installs done and lend a helping hand.

As for the vendor situation i understand not wanting to spend the money to bring your shop out when you don't make a profit so i felt i would like to share my 2 cents on the topic. I think it would be better for those big vendors like ECS, RPM Transmissions, Livernois, Lingenfelter, American Racing and so on to at least try to show up with their Race cars, set up a small booth with display and brochures BUT have Vendor Racing where Vendors race each other on the strip. I feel it would get more people in the stands, Advertise for their business and also gives everyone a chance to meet the people behind their names and get advise from or information on their products

we kind of had that going on at the first INDY Fest. well That's my Opinion

Overall job well done, we had a friggin blast!!! Thanks again!!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #26
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Glad you had a good time G. Sorry about your Camaro. Hope it is good as new ASAP!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:58 PM   #27
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Glad you had a good time G. Sorry about your Camaro. Hope it is good as new ASAP!
Thank you she will be all fixed up soon.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earle.Barnes View Post
My first fest but hopefully not my last. Glad Vader got some love, but man, I got way too much inspiration from everyone's cars.
Dude your car was SICK!!!! LOVED Vader!!! Took a bunch of pix when I finally got to see it in person. I'd heard about it, but dang...VERY nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Thank you she will be all fixed up soon.
Dude...you weren't the only one with trailer problems...lol

At least mine was when we were loading up. I brought it up the back end of the trailer thinking shoot....I'd done this several times before with no issues, I'll just do the same. Well, two metal plates were sticking up and my car was LOW seeing as how the trailer was parked. Caught both metal lips dead on with my lower facia. I now have two damn holes in my facia and I just don't think it can be fixed. Oh well...time for a new lower facia insert.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote