Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #15
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Opps sorry. This for an LS3.

Now that makes sense............thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Did you say the bolt extractor tool broke on you,if so is any of the tool still in the manifold bolt..
The material in those tools is very hard and if you try drilling it again you will fine the drill bit will slide of to the side and you could damage the threads.
If the broken extractor piece didn't stay into the manifold try some break-free liquid spray or heating it up and try to work it out.Hope everything works out OK for you. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Not sure where you got that from but it is 18 ft lbs.
Information below is from the Camaro Torque Specs PDF file that I have on my computer.

Attachment 532674

If you take it apart can you get them out thou, that is the question. Also, there are different length bolts, by chance did you run the wrong bolt into the wrong hole and it bottomed out and broke?

Nope a run the longer bolts that was provided to me when I got the black ice from Ivan speed. I ran the right bolts. They just broke when torquing
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
A Town

[QUOTE=STINGER BEE;6772664]Did you say the bolt extractor tool broke on you,if so is any of the tool still in the manifold bolt..
The material in those tools is very hard and if you try drilling it again you will fine the drill bit will slide of to the side and you could damage the threads.
If the broken extractor piece didn't stay into the manifold try some break-free liquid spray or heating it up and try to work it out.Hope everything works out OK for you. Good luck![/QUOTE

Yes a piece of it broke into the bolt when I was drilling it was not allowing me to go further it seemed like the bolt was too tough. I don't know what you mean by liquid spray
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
A Town

Ok can't seem to upload my pics on here but found a video on YouTube that looks the same as my broken bolt.

http://youtu.be/g6w2grAV-oc
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #20
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
I would try to put a notch in them with a dremel and screw them out with a drill
2011 camaro v6- sts turbo w/ meth injection, barton short throw, spec stage 3+ clutch, forgestar f-14 rims, Nitto invo tires, pfadt sway bars drop springs and end links, rx catch can, goodridge stainless steel brake lines, aac halos afterburner taillights and sidemarkers, sebon carbon rear diffuser.
camaro-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Do you have experience using easy outs, or removing them? If not, I'd probably take it to a mechanic and get them to fix it. Right now, it is going to extremely difficult to work on until you get the easy out, out. The easy out is hardened and you won't be able to drill it at all, until it is removed first. You get one "easy shot" at this then it really becomes a pain.

I'd save yourself the added stress, or the real possibility of destroying your threads in the intake manifold, and take it to a good mechanic that does this regularily.

If you insist on doing it yourself, frankly you get one more try after removing the broken easy-out. Go buy a set of snap-on easy outs and follow the instructions to the letter. If you break the snap-on set then you are done. This is what the good mechanic would be doing.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
[QUOTE=A Town;6772759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Did you say the bolt extractor tool broke on you,if so is any of the tool still in the manifold bolt..
If the broken extractor piece didn't stay into the manifold try some break-free liquid spray or heating it up and try to work it out.Hope everything works out OK for you. Good luck![/QUOTE

Yes a piece of it broke into the bolt when I was drilling it was not allowing me to go further it seemed like the bolt was too tough. I don't know what you mean by liquid spray

If you Google breakfree liquid you will find it on the web. it's similar to liquid wrench a penetrating fluid.If you got some of it into the threads it will cut down on the friction and you might get it out easier,but try and remove the broken piece of easy out using something like dental tool to pick at it and try to loosing the broken piece up.
Hope you have it fixed by now.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Same thing happened to me bud - not once but twice! The 18lb torque just didn't work for me. The first time I got lucky and was able to remove the bolt with my fingers, the second time, not so lucky - ended up having to have it towed to the shop where they drilled the bolt out and then filled the hole and re-threaded it as the original got stripped in the process. Sorry to tell you my screw up ended up costing me about $500
Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
18 FT Lbs of torque and the bolts are breaking. Really.. I can do 18 foot lbs with a screwdriver

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #25
A Town

Thanks for all the help guys but after countless hours on getting this to work and taking it to a shop today and spending 100 bucks for them to do something I could've did which was filling it with gasket sealant so it didn't leak out and still no real success. I decided out of Frustration that I was going to sell the car lol smh I know dumb right but I'm real picky about things and when I'm mad I do dumb things so I took it to Chevy and wanted to trade it in but not really they completely loved my car and offered me 21,000 for it without most of the mods. And they had three cars I liked which was a new 13 camaro 2ss fully louder black, a used 10 camaro 2ss red, and a 11 camaro 2LT orange. I told them I would think about it but I might do but don't know which one. I bought the car a year ago for 23,000 so I think this might be my chance to get an SS it was gods plan for me. Lol
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #26
A Town

Pics

Attached Images

Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #27
A Town

Pic

Attached Images

Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #28
A Town