Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #71
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
And.... as I recall, Mr. Lassa wasn't in any of the meetings, either!

Motor Trend, as well as many other magazines are always predicting things, but their average in getting it right is not what I'd call predictable.
hey Scott maybe they were at the meetings, as pesky little flies but couldnt hear very well. you said caddy & they thought camaro lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #72
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Because I don't recall seeing you sitting in the last several planning meetings we had.

Believe it or not - even WE (Team Camaro) do not know exactly when the next generation will be offered to the public.......there are too many variables.
Here's the real question for Team Camaro?

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OUR GEN5 Z28 ?????? I have to plan for CAM#8. Can you at least pin down a model year ?
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #73
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
hey Scott maybe they were at the meetings, as pesky little flies but couldnt hear very well. you said caddy & they thought camaro lol.
By looks of this post, you may need to wipe your nose as there seems to be some brown on it.
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #74
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Because I don't recall seeing you sitting in the last several planning meetings we had.

Believe it or not - even WE (Team Camaro) do not know exactly when the next generation will be offered to the public.......there are too many variables.

The quoted post by fbodfather should close out any more deliberations in this thread.

They determine and design the car; I buy it. Its a simple relationship I'm quite comfortable with.

Furthermore I feel we (camaro5.com) are already ahead of the curve in knowing about whats coming down the line for the Camaro, so anything beyond what is given to us is PURE speculation and why start a debate over that??

We can all sleep easy at night because I do not think Chevy will do what Ford did and redesign the Mustang, then wait a year before they offer the new motors (5.0 and 3.7 ) . You can't call Ford wrong for offering a better product than their last, but damn I would have some serious buyers remorse if I got a 4.6 and 6mo later the 5.0 comes out. OUCH!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #75
Cam#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
We can all sleep easy at night because I do not think Chevy will do what Ford did and redesign the Mustang, then wait a year before they offer the new motors (5.0 and 3.7 ) . You can't call Ford wrong for offering a better product than their last, but damn I would have some serious buyers remorse if I got a 4.6 and 6mo later the 5.0 comes out. OUCH!!
Now what a minute, I don't understand what you are saying. This generation of Mustang has been out since 2005, so 6 model years later they update their engines. Any body changes between 2005 and 2012 have been very minor. Now they have introduced several more models.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #76
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
Now what a minute, I don't understand what you are saying. This generation of Mustang has been out since 2005, so 6 model years later they update their engines. Any body changes between 2005 and 2012 have been very minor. Now they have introduced several more models.
I'm referring to the "facelift" they got in 2010. It was not until the 2011 model year that the mustang got the new 5.0 liter v8 in the GT and 3.7 liter v6.
In 2010, the v8's had the 4.6 liter and the v6's had the 4.0 liter lump.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #77
Cam#7

Quote:
I'm referring to the "facelift" they got in 2010. It was not until the 2011 model year that the mustang got the new 5.0 liter v8 in the GT and 3.7 liter v6.
Anybody that bought the 2010 model was crazy in the first place because of what they did to it's tail lights. More like a "tail let down" than a facelift.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #78
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
By looks of this post, you may need to wipe your nose as there seems to be some brown on it.
First off I dont need to brown nose Fbodfather or anyone else. I am personally not that type of person.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #79
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
I understand what you mean about buyer’s remorse, I'll bet the 1964-1966 owners felt the same way buying into the 289 V8 only to have a 390 come out in 1967. Many of those who bought the 1967-68 Mustang's felt a little disappointed when Ford released the 302, 427, 428 and 429 the following years. It's the nature of the beast and competition feeds it. I view the 4.6 the same way I view the 289, it will go down in history as a fantastic V8 engine in which all other engines after that were held to the standard.

Ford overlaps new drivetrains and new body styles to help absorb the cost of research, developement, production and marketing. Ford has done this for years, they will very rarely create an all new Mustang as the risk involved is much greater. For example; In 1994, Ford redesigned the Mustang (SN-95) and used the old pushrod 5.0. It wasn't until 1996 that the all new OHC 4.6 was utilized in the Mustang. The engine itself had been in the market for a couple of years before hand so the cost to migrate the engine over to the SN95 was relatively low. In 2005, the Mustang was redesigned again using the same 4.6 V8 and using the heavy 4.0 V6 that was nearing the end of its life. Ford refreshed both the SN95 and the S197 in 1999 and in 2010 without and drastic changes to the drivetrain but, in 2010, Ford had the 5.0 in development and opted to hold out until the 2011 to release it. This will happen again in 2014, the Mustang will be drastically redesigned but use the same 5.0 engine as the R&D and initial production cost will be completely covered by then... maximizing profits with each sale.

This is the way I think GM will approach the 6th Gen Camaro and another reason I think GM will hold off until 2017-ish. It's no secret that GM is currently working on the Gen V engine to replace the tired LS series. The C7 Corvette is due out within the next two years if I am not mistaken and the Gen V engine will debut in that C7 Corvette. I cannot confirm this right now but, GM’s Gen V engine will begin production in February 2013 and equipment for the Gen V assembly line will arrive in September 2012 at the General Motors Corp.’s Town of Tonawanda engine plant. If the C7 Corvette debuts as a 2012 then it is possible that GM will overlap the new body style with the new engine just as Ford does. It will give GM what they want as far as a 2013-14 C7 Corvette with the new Gen V V8, allowing the Camaro to eventually use the engine when the time is right.

Could this mean that the 5th Gen will receive the Gen V engine? or will GM hold out until the redesign 6th Gen Camaro? The most logical option would be to get the Gen V engine into circulation as quickly as they can. This would mean that GM equips the 5th Gen Camaro with the Gen V as soon as possible to help pay back the $820 million dollars it took in R&D dollars and production cost. Only limiting the brand new engine to just the Corvette would be a huge failure and a drastic mistake... get the engine into circulation and help create the aftermarket for the Gen V. However, everyone who purchased a 2010+ LS3/L99 Camaro will be in a similar boat as the 2005-2010 4.6 guys. Although it isn't a 97 horsepower difference, this Gen V engine will be 440-460hp, direct injection managing 25-27mpg (highway), possibly a lighter engine and better transmission... will any of the original 5th Gen Camaro owners feel buyer’s remorse?

Anyway, I personally loved the redesign in 2010, it called out some of the more aggressive styling the same way the 1967 Mustang did when competition finally came about. For the most part, the rear end redesign was an improvement over the previous '05-'09 Mustangs and added function ability, improving drag co efficiency in the rear. The redesign also helped sustain sales against a brand new pony car competitor which in itself is a difficult task… Of course, I am a huge Mustang fanatic but.... who couldn't love this rear end?
Attached Images

Last edited by thePill; 05-10-2011 at 02:42 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #80
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I couldn't. Yuck.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #81
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Btw. A little ky trivia. Thats a ky proud license plate. Promotion of buying ky grown produce.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #82
Cam#7

You would think the Gen 5 engine will show up in the next Corvette. I believe it will also show up in the next Z28. I've said it before in other threads. You could make a case of GM waiting on the Z28 to be the Gen6 debut. It still depends when the next Mustang comes out. Does GM put that much effort into a Gen5 Z28 if it's only around for 1 or 2 years? It does deserve its own engine from the rest of the line-up.

Look for an overlap of both platforms in the same model year.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #83
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
all cars must get 50 mpg by 2025. Does that help any
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #84
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
I couldn't. Yuck.
IKR That's the ugliest rear end ever.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote