Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Splitter Swap

I'm sorry I used to know this but it's been a while and I'm drawing a blank, and can't find the old threads on the topic.

What's the easiest way to swap the splitter for something more discreet like the one on the C5 ZL1? Is there a part that allows me to keep the bumper and just swap splitters or would I have to get an entire ZL1 front clip swap, lamps and all?

If I have to swap the entire clip I won't do it, if there another easier way I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
The splitters ties into the flares. Too replace the splitter with the zl1 you'll need to do replace the bumper, upper grille, zl1 fog lights, wiring harness and fog light pods, modify the zl1 dumper to match the z28 cowls lines, you'll also have to create a filler piece for you he flares to match the zl1 splitter. Other than that, it's a simple bolt on deal. Hope that helps.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
The splitters ties into the flares. Too replace the splitter with the zl1 you'll need to do replace the bumper, upper grille, zl1 fog lights, wiring harness and fog light pods, modify the zl1 dumper to match the z28 cowls lines, you'll also have to create a filler piece for you he flares to match the zl1 splitter. Other than that, it's a simple bolt on deal. Hope that helps.
lol ok, so that's not happening.

Any replacement aftermarket splitters on the market that just bolt on and are less aggressive?

Thanks.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
The 1LE Splitter is bolt-on but similarly to others, will not line up correctly with the wheel flares. Otherwise, it fits the Z/28 without issue.