Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Isn't the SSX going to be Chevy's(sorry Chevrolet's) answer to the Boss 302? They are both primarily track cars....right? I thought I read that somewhere..
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Isn't the SSX going to be Chevy's(sorry Chevrolet's) answer to the Boss 302? They are both primarily track cars....right? I thought I read that somewhere..
SSX isn't going to be a production model.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #31
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Dude if you have a vett please sell the frigging thing and go buy a mustang. Your on the wrong site. Chevys rule at camaro5. !!! yea mustangs suck yea I said it. I'm a chevy guy and that's that. Fords suck!!!!!!!!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #32
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Dude if you have a vett please sell the frigging thing and go buy a mustang. Your on the wrong site. Chevys rule at camaro5. !!! yea mustangs suck yea I said it. I'm a chevy guy and that's that. Fords suck!!!!!!!!!
The truth rules no matter where you are. If you dislike facts about any car it still doesn't make them any less true.

Everything I've said in this thread is true.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #33
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
You're getting a little big for your britches, buddy.
... Your post is belittling to folks you don't even know, assuming they're blindly following a movie car???

I would comment about 'short bus' but I like the kool-aid here... so... please take your negativity elsewhere.
I belittled no one. I said the majority of Camaro owners bought the car because of Transformers. The people who post on internet enthusiast forums are in the minority.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #34
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
[QUOTE=hairtrigger;2570256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I got the following from ford press releases and was wondering if anyone from GM or associates can tell if GM is putting as much attention on the Z28. It appears Ford is really attempting to deliver a strong street/strip machine with plenty of margin left at top end. All feedback appreciated because I am hoping GM is going to lead in this dept, not be "me too"

It shows how much attention GM is putting into the Z28 by announcing all of the track packages shortly available from GMPP to build a boss killing SSX Camaro.

Some of that technology will not be left out of the Z28
wheres proof of these packages will be available? they just made up that SSX camaro for hype to counter the Boss. The boss is the real deal not a Concept car for the sema show like the SSX
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #35
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Your truth is full of holes. Again his is a chevy forum not ford. Go there.Chevys always rule and def on a chevy site. Maybe on ford sites fords are ok but not here. Not for me. No afence I have friends with nice f rds.nic cars not for me.what ax do you have to grind?Nice cover with the vet
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #36
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Your truth is full of holes. Again his is a chevy forum not ford. Go there.Chevys always rule and def on a chevy site. Maybe on ford sites fords are ok but not here. Not for me. No afence I have friends with nice f rds.nic cars not for me.what ax do you have to grind?Nice cover with the vet
From the way you talk I'd think this was just an anti-Ford forum, not a Chevy one.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #37
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
From the way you talk I'd think this was just an anti-Ford forum, not a Chevy one.
Kinda sorta like herpes if ya know what I mean.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #38
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
As much as I would love to see them stuff an LS9 into the Z28 it's a $24,000 crate engine. I think that would price it way out of its range. Perhaps the LSA will se a small boost. Like say to 560hp but I'd be doubtful of much more than that.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I belittled no one. I said the majority of Camaro owners bought the car because of Transformers. The people who post on internet enthusiast forums are in the minority.
Wow, ~80,000 people bought Camaro's because of Transformers? Thats very surprising, considering the fact yellow cars represent less than 7% of sales. I would have figured that if Bumble Bee was that important, RY would be at least 3 or 4 times more popular as it is. And I would have figured that GM would have sold more than ~1500 Transformer Edition cars if half the buyers are getting one because of that movie.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #40
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Wow, ~80,000 people bought Camaro's because of Transformers? Thats very surprising, considering the fact yellow cars represent less than 7% of sales. I would have figured that if Bumble Bee was that important, RY would be at least 3 or 4 times more popular as it is. And I would have figured that GM would have sold more than ~1500 Transformer Edition cars if half the buyers are getting one because of that movie.
My statement was not about the consumer mimicking the exact movie car as closely as possible from the factory. It was about the car itself. Without Transformers, I believe there would be far less interest in the car from the average consumer which would lead to less sales.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #41
unix748

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
I recall a mustang being in Transformers too... Does that mean Saleen's sales are up because of the movie as well? I doubt it.

I bought my 2ss/rs because its a sweet ride. The end.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #42
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
My statement was not about the consumer mimicking the exact movie car as closely as possible from the factory. It was about the car itself. Without Transformers, I believe there would be far less interest in the car from the average consumer which would lead to less sales.
The majority of owners don't care at all about the movie and would have bought the car regardless. The importance of Bumble Bee is largely exaggerated. Transformers wasn't Smokey and the Bandit, the car wasn't the star of the film. All told, there are probably only about 10 minutes of seeing a 5th gen Camaro in both movies combined. There were a lot more people, who saw it for longer, at autoshows for the ~3 years leading up to the Camaro's release.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote