Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
I agree I dont think its a big deal either just want to make sure you have Piece of mind. The Clunk could also be the clutch too so ya never know.. But Hey isn't modding cars fun!!
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
JLE58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
Check the mounting bolts at the housing. 1 might be loose.
What kind of posi unit that in it?
A detriot locker will do more clunking noise than a traditional posi unit.
WaveTrac
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Update. Jacked up the car to inspect the leakage further. Front of the case seems dry its mainly in the rear of the diff that has fluid. I reached up to touch the vent tube and got touched nothing but gear lube. Either it vented it out or I need to seal that area again.

VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
JLE58

Good deal.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #19
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
I believe Casey talked to you a few times, if it is leaking from the stub bearings then we have newer style stub retainers that seal better then the older style.
If it's leaking from the vent then you may need to add vent line to give it some breathing room. We loop the hose 3-4 times and zip tie it up above the cradle, this gives the diff room to breath before pushing diff fluid out.
This particular 9" kit was one of the older ones we made back when we first started making them.
Give us a call if you need anything else.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #20
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I believe Casey talked to you a few times, if it is leaking from the stub bearings then we have newer style stub retainers that seal better then the older style.
If it's leaking from the vent then you may need to add vent line to give it some breathing room. We loop the hose 3-4 times and zip tie it up above the cradle, this gives the diff room to breath before pushing diff fluid out.
This particular 9" kit was one of the older ones we made back when we first started making them.

Thanks
Chris
Yes I did speak with Casey and he was very helpful and I appreciate him letting me bother him a few times haha. I noticed it was more wet around the vent tube and we did run a hose but perhaps it needs to be longer as you suggested. I did some some fluid around the driver side hub but I'm confident that it was just fluid draining down from the vent tube as the other side was very dry.

At this point it truly seems I need a clutch or a trans or both. I should start playing the lotto.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
If we can help you with the clutch and tranny let me know,G force will help you out if you have any other issues but you need a pretty good length of house off the vent tube and as Chris suggested a few loops doesnt hurt.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:

Thanks
Chris
Chris,
Just wanted to let you know, the new stub bearing seals you sent are working, not a drop has leaked since. Your kit was installed about a month ago at Cincy Speed.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
If we can help you with the clutch and tranny let me know,G force will help you out if you have any other issues but you need a pretty good length of house off the vent tube and as Chris suggested a few loops doesnt hurt.
Appreciate it. I have an idea of what I'll be doing already but it'll most likely wait till over the winter now.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Chris,
Just wanted to let you know, the new stub bearing seals you sent are working, not a drop has leaked since. Your kit was installed about a month ago at Cincy Speed.
Excellent! Glad it all worked out. Tell the guys at Cincy HI for me, they are a good bunch
Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Excellent! Glad it all worked out. Tell the guys at Cincy HI for me, they are a good bunch
Yes they are.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I thought I should update this thread since I own the car now and I found out what the problem was (the hard way...of course). The clunk was the Daytona pinion support going south and the leak was coming from the pinion support. The studs holding the pinion support on gave out in a spectacular fashion 100' into my first pass down the 1/4. 3 snapped and 2 stripped. Of course, the gear set was destroyed also. Now that it is all fixed, no clunking and the Wavetrac works just fine.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
GFORCE1320

Bummer it broke but I guess it's good that you found the problem.
Your at least the 3rd owner of that kit if I remember right.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #28
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Will do Chris. While I was at it, I replaced all of the joints. I have no complaints about the rear. The guy who works on my car does a lot of rear work for the local racers and he was impressed by the quality. It may have just been a faulty fastener(s). The break looked very brittle to me with no necking down at the fracture.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote