Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I'm guessing the Challenger is coming up because you just don't see very many of them on the roads. I look left and right and I see another Camaro and sometimes it just gets annoying because you're like...aww man another person stealing my attention on the road! Then you start to notice just how ugly you car is because it might be a little dirty from you driving all day long or having to be on a country highway for almost an hour to get to class, and then you have all these types of bugs on your car that just makes someone else' car look better(sorry for the run-on).

ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #30
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
...ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.

I'll admit to being shallow... and that was a very big reason why I swapped my Mustang for the Challenger. Problem is, once you get in the new one you notice every other one out there.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #31

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Look at how many different commercials Dodge has for the challenger. So, they should because. they advertises the heck out of those things because they need to get ppl to buy them.
This is completely false. Dodge do not advertise the Challenger and the last specific Challenger commercials (two of them) was back in 2010.

The Challenger is the least advertised vehicle compare to the Camaro and Mustang.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #32
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
No TV's out there in the boondocks Loading.....?

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading..... View Post
This is completely false. Dodge do not advertise the Challenger and the last specific Challenger commercials (two of them) was back in 2010.

The Challenger is the least advertised vehicle compare to the Camaro and Mustang.
Maybe in "Official" Dodge advertising but have you noticed there seems to be many more automotive related ads using Challengers than Camaros or Mustangs. It's called product placement and I bet part of Dodge's advertising budgets get paid to companies to get them to put the Challenger in their commercials.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #34

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
No TV's out there in the boondocks Loading.....?
Ha! Plenty of TV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe in "Official" Dodge advertising but have you noticed there seems to be many more automotive related ads using Challengers than Camaros or Mustangs. It's called product placement and I bet part of Dodge's advertising budgets get paid to companies to get them to put the Challenger in their commercials.
If you notice in those automotive related ads that the Dodge moniker is missing, blurred out, or not visible at all? Dodge is not paying anyone to use the Challenger (or any of their products) when the moniker is blurred out or removed.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
pretty much a wash since 09. interesting
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:

lmao ... I can point out a few commercials that dodge advertised the Challenger, like the most recent one I still see is one that has the Challenger and charger in it. talking about the muscle in their muscle cars and the other one was when they were in the desert with the Confederate flag . There was a George Washington look alike in it too. Another one was the commercial where they showed all of their cars in red and they kept showing the Challenger talking about most affordable muscle car. lmao.. top that
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
Drive what you want, I have never envied anyone with a late Camaro or Challenger. Too fat, too gas thirsty.They are very sedan like driving cars which is good because Americans like nice riding cars.
Since when is a Pony car a nice riding car? The pony enthusiasts are not a majority segment of car buyers. I get a Lincoln ride from my Crown Vic. I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). I am glad everyone is buying all these muscle cars it is good for the US. I think Cam and Chall are a different car segment. Very much like the 196x T-Birds, Rivieras, Starfires, those cars were big V8 2 door coupes, fast, and were nothing like a Mustang. Mustangs were nothing like them and why would you want otherwise.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #38
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
One thing to consider (something that gets over looked often) is the fact that there were fewer selling days last month this year then the year before. So a 0% sales growth for the Camaro and Mustang is actually a positive number for that reason, it also makes Dodges numbers look that much more impressive.

You only had 23 selling days last month compared to 25 from the year before, I like to do the math and look at sells per day. Ford sold 192 Mustangs per day last month this year compared to 176 last year, GM sold 246 Camaros per day last month compared to roughly 226 last year. Dodge did 129 Challengers per day last year and 170 per day this year (6 away from the Mustang).

At Cerritos Dodge most have $2,000 cash on the hood with 2-3 cars having about $6,000 off. I am not sure if they had more units with big discounts last month which may have driven sales up. I will say that I have consistently seen lower incentives on the Dodge in my neck of the woods. $7,000 off us to be the norm and now $2,000 off is the norm, impressive performance I must say. I don't know why the 5.7L Hemi doesn't drop the 5 speed auto for an 8 speed auto....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I want the Daily Driver Z28 6th Gen when it comes out .....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Drive what you want, I have never envied anyone with a late Camaro or Challenger. Too fat, too gas thirsty.They are very sedan like driving cars which is good because Americans like nice riding cars.
Since when is a Pony car a nice riding car? The pony enthusiasts are not a majority segment of car buyers. I get a Lincoln ride from my Crown Vic. I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). I am glad everyone is buying all these muscle cars it is good for the US. I think Cam and Chall are a different car segment. Very much like the 196x T-Birds, Rivieras, Starfires, those cars were big V8 2 door coupes, fast, and were nothing like a Mustang. Mustangs were nothing like them and why would you want otherwise.
I thought v8s was always gas thirsty but they are getting better gas mileage than the past v8s . Theses cars were always heavier and bigger than the mustang. So, mpg will be lower . I would not say no to a muscle car that drives good. Why not have the best overall cars. It's not a must but a welcome plus.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #41
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Don't know how you get the figures so fast, not only for camaro but for all 3! Cool info!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Ha! Plenty of TV's.

If you notice in those automotive related ads that the Dodge moniker is missing, blurred out, or not visible at all? Dodge is not paying anyone to use the Challenger (or any of their products) when the moniker is blurred out or removed.
You can go on believing that but If you don't think that manufacturers don't pay to have their cars featured in certain commercials you haven't read any articals on effective marketing. Just think about it, It's much cheaper for them to pay a fee and provide a car for the commercial than producing one themselves and buying air time to show it. It's really very smart.