Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
XM Radio Confusion

So long story short, I upgraded to mylink and went to activate XM. Called them, gave them the radio ID and my account info. The guy, who was really nice, told me I had an active 15 month special deal, full xm, Nav, weather and traffic. He said it was activated in December and it would be good until March 2016. He sent me the signal and the radio came on and everything worked fine. He gave me my new account number and told me to hang on the line and someone would cancel my old account and merge the info with this one. I thought great this is easy. Next some lady who wouldn't let me finish a sentence comes on and starts telling me that It's not activated, its some kind of demo and its not going to work right. She said she was going to cancel the demo and give me a 3 month trial. I told her no thanks and I would take my chances of the demo "not working". Seems to be working fine to me, anyone ever heard of this before?
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
jwhutton52

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS Coupe
I upgraded my radio from Gen5DIY to add NAV. I called XM and they gave me a hard time. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she activated my replacement radio. I think it was because it was the free 1 year subscription that came with the car. They wanted a work order from the dealership which I didn't have because I did the work.
jwhutton52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
was it used? It sounds like the original owner had a subscription that did not get canceled. He paid for it or is paying for it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #4
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
xm forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
was it used? It sounds like the original owner had a subscription that did not get canceled. He paid for it or is paying for it.
Once XM has your credit card info, they will auto bill you forever. It is necessary to watch your billing and call them up until they get it right.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Strange Flavor

The first guy I talked to said it was a promotion. No name tied to the radio, it had been activated for a trial period.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 AM   #6
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
Once XM has your credit card info, they will auto bill you forever. It is necessary to watch your billing and call them up until they get it right.
That is the reason I demand to be invoice billed, NEVER give them your CC!!! Service I love but the customer service is horrible
Old 08-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #7
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
Credit card has to be renewed sooner or later just don't give them the renewed info...
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
I pay by check a year at a time. Credit cards do expire but not yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #9
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
i agree NO CC on file for them! i have them bill me. i only pay $25 for 6mo of service. everytime i get a bill its full price i call and threaten to cancel and tell them to give me the 6mo/$25 or i will cancel. i havent paid more than that for over 5 years now.

hell who am i to fool i havent paid for sat radio since oct last year on my camaro and i still get service . i called to have them transfer it to my truck after the camaro was in service. apparently it never received the signal to cut service
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #10
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
i agree NO CC on file for them! i have them bill me. i only pay $25 for 6mo of service. everytime i get a bill its full price i call and threaten to cancel and tell them to give me the 6mo/$25 or i will cancel. i havent paid more than that for over 5 years now.

hell who am i to fool i havent paid for sat radio since oct last year on my camaro and i still get service . i called to have them transfer it to my truck after the camaro was in service. apparently it never received the signal to cut service
This. I've been paying that rate ever since 2011.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
Strange Flavor

The $25 deal is usually what I do. I think it's weird how it's hit or miss on who wants to give it to you though. Sometimes I have to call a couple times before someone agrees and sometimes the first person gives it to me. Seems like they would get a lot more customers if they just made that their regular rate.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:04 AM   #12
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Flavor View Post
The $25 deal is usually what I do. I think it's weird how it's hit or miss on who wants to give it to you though. Sometimes I have to call a couple times before someone agrees and sometimes the first person gives it to me. Seems like they would get a lot more customers if they just made that their regular rate.

i never have to call many times, i just get passed around from person to person until they do it. they know others will pay full price. especially the ones that like to stream it on a computer or app. with this price you cant do either. only in the car
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #13
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
That is the reason I demand to be invoice billed, NEVER give them your CC!!! Service I love but the customer service is horrible
I've had the pleasure of a company refusing to remove my CC charge more than a few times.....let me just say that American Express is your best friend. Not even Discover will protect you like AMEX does.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote