Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #85
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Thanks for the all of the positive feedback guys! I am glad everyone is enjoying the kit!! These are a one stop solution to your camber/caster needs

CLICK HERE for webpage!

Last edited by Moreno1; 09-18-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #86
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
Is noise or rattling while going over bumps normal? I've heard some camber plates are noisy just want to see if this is normal
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #87
TEX1LE

Never mind I just realized my strut Nut backed off a little over a full turn... guess I need to add mor loctite
Old 09-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #88
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
Never mind I just realized my strut Nut backed off a little over a full turn... guess I need to add mor loctite
I'll have to check on this when I get back (I'm in Houston for 3 weeks). I picked up a rattle from the LT front right before I left and just didn't have time to check it out. I had a loose BMR sway bar end link a few weeks ago and tightened those up pretty good so I don't think it is those. I still need to add the new Moreno upper strut mount nuts. No time.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #89
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Anyone planning on running these year round? Or do i get the pleasure of being the crazy ironman and seeing how they last thru winter and snow/salt?

Was looking at a metal protector like the amsoil spray stuff. Any suggestions or warnings?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #90
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Anyone planning on running these year round? Or do i get the pleasure of being the crazy ironman and seeing how they last thru winter and snow/salt?

Was looking at a metal protector like the amsoil spray stuff. Any suggestions or warnings?
Are you talking about the camber plates? I didn't even consider taking them off and will be running them year round.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #91
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Are you talking about the camber plates? I didn't even consider taking them off and will be running them year round.
yea... I plan to run em year round as well.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 09-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #92
big jim

Drives: 2016 SS
Wanted to drop by this thread and say I installed my camber plates in about 3 hours the other day, taking my time to do so. I was very pleased with the fit, finish, and ease of installation of the camber plates. I'm a mechanical engineer for an automotive aftermarket supplier and appreciate it when hardware has obviously been designed well with attention to detail and quality. Justin has put together an excellent kit for a very reasonable price.

Really looking forward to being able to dial in my camber on the fly at the track this weekend based on temp feedback.
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:38 AM   #93
TEX1LE

I'll be running mine year round also and I recently switched to red loctite because the strut nut backed off again.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #94
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Any word on your rear control arms and their height adjustability?
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #95
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
I'll be running mine year round also and I recently switched to red loctite because the strut nut backed off again.
Wow, even with blue it backed off? I’d be kinda worried about using red but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Did you put the new nuts on while the struts were still on the car? I still haven’t got around to switching them out but plan on doing it next weekend when I finally have some time.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #96
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I just installed these plates over the weekend, went pretty smooth (except the knuckle alignment bolts were stupid hard to get off even with a hammer).

Car seemed fine after the install, until about 20 miles later I am getting loud and horrendous clunking from the front left, and now the front right. Would like some help solving this problem, car does not seem safe to drive without damage. The clunks happen over minor bumps and road imperfections, appears to be in *rebound.* Steering seems normal, visual inspection seems normal.

1) Had Big O tires check the sway bar endlinks, they said they are tight. I hadn't been able to fit my torque wrench in there, so it was possible that I didn't tighten them enough.
2) When I tried to torque the shock top nut during the plate install, I actually snapped the T40 bit in half. So I am thinking the shock top nuts are not tight enough, but how to tighten them down now that the car is down and weight is on the plates? When the struts were off the car and the springs were compressed, I hit the nuts with an impact wrench but the shock did spin around as well.

Did I just use a crappy T40 bit or was I doing something wrong? Curious how to tighten the shock top down without redoing everything. Is there a special tool that will let me hold the shock and torque the nut at the same time?
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #97
TEX1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post
I just installed these plates over the weekend, went pretty smooth (except the knuckle alignment bolts were stupid hard to get off even with a hammer).

Car seemed fine after the install, until about 20 miles later I am getting loud and horrendous clunking from the front left, and now the front right. Would like some help solving this problem, car does not seem safe to drive without damage. The clunks happen over minor bumps and road imperfections, appears to be in *rebound.* Steering seems normal, visual inspection seems normal.

1) Had Big O tires check the sway bar endlinks, they said they are tight. I hadn't been able to fit my torque wrench in there, so it was possible that I didn't tighten them enough.
2) When I tried to torque the shock top nut during the plate install, I actually snapped the T40 bit in half. So I am thinking the shock top nuts are not tight enough, but how to tighten them down now that the car is down and weight is on the plates? When the struts were off the car and the springs were compressed, I hit the nuts with an impact wrench but the shock did spin around as well.

Did I just use a crappy T40 bit or was I doing something wrong? Curious how to tighten the shock top down without redoing everything. Is there a special tool that will let me hold the shock and torque the nut at the same time?
I had the same issue when I installed initially. The strut nut is loose you'll need to tighten it with a 3/8 impact (not too tight) and then finish it off with a torque wrench. With the car on the ground you can take the strut nuts on/off without any issues I've done it multiple times.

When tracking your car make sure to check it after every run.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #98
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post

Do you have the original set of nuts or the elongated ones?