Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
GM is missing out.

I look at all the beautiful Camaros on the thread where owners have blacked out all the chrome and even painted the rims black, the IOM with custom stripes or the custom painted RJT etc. and thought that I loved them all.
Now GM could do a commercial where it "Transformers" from one customer's custom combination to another. This would let people know that they could have something that is unique like Harley Davidson has done. Market it as a lifestyle. Scion did that with that Scion B.
It was in 82(?) when H-D almost went under. They re-invented themselves as a life style and ,with the help of congress too, they went on to become quite successful.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
That's a great idea Pie! I say that because from the very beginning, GM had made a point about this being a car you could personalize.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Mini has also done the "Lifestyle" marketing, with tons of after market products, and even a line of clothing!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I like the idea.... especially melding it like SCION did... I hate Toyota, but that commercial was just awesome.

^^ that one
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
I look at all the beautiful Camaros on the thread where owners have blacked out all the chrome and even painted the rims black, the IOM with custom stripes or the custom painted RJT etc. and thought that I loved them all.
Now GM could do a commercial where it "Transformers" from one customer's custom combination to another. This would let people know that they could have something that is unique like Harley Davidson has done. Market it as a lifestyle. Scion did that with that Scion B.
It was in 82(?) when H-D almost went under. They re-invented themselves as a life style and ,with the help of congress too, they went on to become quite successful.
And where exactly were you when we had all those discussions about advertising several months ago Sounds like a good idea...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
It would be great if it weren't for the fact that Scion already did it. GM doesn't want to look like it's imitating Scion.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
PieNsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
It would be great if it weren't for the fact that Scion already did it. GM doesn't want to look like it's imitating Scion.
That is the tie in with the movie. Have it Transform from one Camaro to the next. Show acutal owner's cars thrown into with Dale Jr's etc.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post

I think you nailed it - it's a lifestyle. Here is a post just this morning from the QC Hold thread:

"...I just know that I am going to take mine out for a long joy ride as soon as possible. In fact our local group of members is taking one on the 27th on a couple hundred mile trip thru the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming. Having a Dealer put on a big lunch for us along the way.....Now that is living the Camaro life!"
Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I submitted that idea way back when to GM. It goes in a file and if it ends up somewhere, you never get credit for it.

As a dealer we do stuff like that all the time and it seems to get lost in the sauce.

Great minds think alike.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
It would be an extremely lucrative and successful plan. I don't see what's stopping them. They already made the customization pretty solid right out of the factory/dealer installed things, compared to the rest of the chevy models, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added more things to make your car individual.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
A good starting point to me would be getting some of the promised GM Performance parts out there.

My dealer can't get the headers promised, the exhaust upgrade, and some other parts shown. Hopefully It won't belong before these items start to show up !
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
PieNsky

Fbodfather has an interview online where he describes the LS as being a blank sheet for the
owner to change out wheels etc. but I think all of them are blank sheets from what the beautiful work I seen so far.