Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anybody's rear view camera ever fail?*yellow screen*

This is what I get when I put it in reverse. I'm glad it happened now because there's only 27 days left in my warranty.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3971
Size:  76.8 KB

PS: that blue bar just scans across the screen over and over again

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
I wish I had rear view camera!
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #3
Pluto

Nobody?

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrop01 View Post
I wish I had rear view camera!
So does OP.

If you have warranty- take it in. It's not as if we can diag it over the internet. Could be a couple different things- HMI or camera itself.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
So does OP.

If you have warranty- take it in. It's not as if we can diag it over the internet. Could be a couple different things- HMI or camera itself.
Yeah I'll be taking it in for sure the warranty is out soon and I have 2(now 3) intermittent issues. I have an LED that's likes to work when it wants to on the third brake light, a red OnStar logo that comes and goes on the rear view, and now this issue. I went to check on it right now and it appears to be working. I just don't understand why all this is coming on right now. The car has 14,2xx miles. I did get a chance to take pictures of all 3 issues so hopefully they'll honor that.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
That exact same thing happened to me last week!, I went somewhere else and shut the car off and turned it back on again and still the same thing, so thinking to myself I will just take it in for the warranty, I went ahead and went into do some shoppng, when I came out and started the car and put it into reverse the camera was working normally again, since then it hasn't happened again. I will be following this thread to see just what it turns out to be, just in case it happens to me again.
we named it YSOD....the Yellow Screen Of Death
Old 08-30-2015, 01:12 AM   #7
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
That exact same thing happened to me last week!, I went somewhere else and shut the car off and turned it back on again and still the same thing, so thinking to myself I will just take it in for the warranty, I went ahead and went into do some shoppng, when I came out and started the car and put it into reverse the camera was working normally again, since then it hasn't happened again. I will be following this thread to see just what it turns out to be, just in case it happens to me again.
we named it YSOD....the Yellow Screen Of Death

I read around and found out there may be a reprogram. I just hope whatever it is they're doing doesn't mess with my tune.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #8
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I have not had either 2012 or my new one fail. I never drove the 2012 in the rain but washed it about 700,000 times.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #9
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Yeah I'll be taking it in for sure the warranty is out soon and I have 2(now 3) intermittent issues. I have an LED that's likes to work when it wants to on the third brake light, a red OnStar logo that comes and goes on the rear view, and now this issue. I went to check on it right now and it appears to be working. I just don't understand why all this is coming on right now. The car has 14,2xx miles. I did get a chance to take pictures of all 3 issues so hopefully they'll honor that.
A picture doesn't mean squat. Have them document your exact complaint properly on a repair order. They can get paid 3/10 of an hour in diagnostics by warranty to check each of those issues. If they can't find the problem and warranty expires, you should have no problem having those things fixed within a reasonable amount of time at no or little cost.
No documentation while under warranty? Then it's not warrantable.
Everyone always says "but it did it when under warranty" and my only response is giving them their estimate to pay for the repair.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #10
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
A picture doesn't mean squat. Have them document your exact complaint properly on a repair order. They can get paid 3/10 of an hour in diagnostics by warranty to check each of those issues. If they can't find the problem and warranty expires, you should have no problem having those things fixed within a reasonable amount of time at no or little cost.
No documentation while under warranty? Then it's not warrantable.
Everyone always says "but it did it when under warranty" and my only response is giving them their estimate to pay for the repair.

Yeah two of them have been documented already and I have copies of said problems. They will be addressed again when I take it in for the camera issue.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
jonboy71

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2LT
I'm having this today. I see lots of reports of it but no documented fix. Anyone care to share anything?
jonboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:11 PM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy71 View Post
I'm having this today. I see lots of reports of it but no documented fix. Anyone care to share anything?
The only thing I can share, but isn't an answer, is I had it happen about a year after buying mine (new). It happened one morning as I was backing out of my garage. Appeared to fix its self when I put it in reverse the next time (about 4 hours later) and hasn't happened since.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:51 AM   #13
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
have had the "black screen" but it fixed itself and never reappeared.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote