Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 05-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #57
sleddog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalanche343 View Post
I have some sad, , but good news.. I have finally sold my car. I really hope that the new owner takes just as good care of it that I did. I would still like to meet up with fellow enthusiast if at all possible.
Sad to hear it sold but some times things happen for a reason. We will stay in touch on here and one day our paths will cross. With 350 mile between us and gas at the price it is, it's tuff to met up for a cup of coffee. Wow just think if coffee cost as much as gas or does it hmmmmm Anyway. Stay on the fourm and someday we will met up.

Good side of it is there is a new camero owner out there with a new permagrin

Sled
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #58
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Bummer drag, man. But you gotta do what you gotta do. :( They wll keep making Camaros. Perhaps you will get another one again someday.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #59
Alaskan SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
Checking in, guys. How's the winter treating you? Eagerly anticipating dry roads and warmer temperatures. It's -48 up on the slope right now...

This was the smiley i found most appropriate...

Last edited by Alaskan SS; 03-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #60
D Day Dog

-48? Yikes !!! ...as long as they're paying you well.

I'm counting the days... Gonna open the garage and start her up this wknd. Got at least another 6-7 wks. or so left until the roads should be decent enough to take her out for a spin. Hopefully MOA will be on the ball this spring and get the gravel cleaned up quickly in town - can't have any chips on the gills...
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #61
Alaskan SS

MOA has been doing pretty good with the snow, considering how much there is. I'm sure the gravel will be a welcome change in pace for them. Were you able to do anything to the Camaro this winter? I haven't done anything. But I may go ahead and order a Roto-Fab CAI over the next week, and install it sometime over the next few weeks.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #62
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
MOA has been doing pretty good with the snow, considering how much there is. I'm sure the gravel will be a welcome change in pace for them. Were you able to do anything to the Camaro this winter? I haven't done anything. But I may go ahead and order a Roto-Fab CAI over the next week, and install it sometime over the next few weeks.

Can't afford to throw money at the car. Summer camping season pass, boat season pass, plus pre-maintenance on house, trailer and boat looming in the future - not to mention everything I own that either has a motor or can be towed is due for registration this spring. Besides, I only have 1790 miles on my Camaro as she sits. I did install the gauge cluster, skip shift eliminator, and some splash guards since I bought it a year ago, but that's all I'm gonna do to it besides a few other inexpensive cosmetics inside and out.

Actaully, I really don't plan on doing any performance/power/engine mods. on this car until after the warranty is done 4 years from now. That way I get the most out of the stock parts, have low miles still on the car (should be around 15K - 20K max by the time the warranty is over), then I can dig deep in my pockets and get brutal on it where the difference in power and performance will be quite noticeable - and a pleasure to experience.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #63
Alaskan SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
Can't afford to throw money at the car. Summer camping season pass, boat season pass, plus pre-maintenance on house, trailer and boat looming in the future - not to mention everything I own that either has a motor or can be towed is due for registration this spring. Besides, I only have 1790 miles on my Camaro as she sits. I did install the gauge cluster, skip shift eliminator, and some splash guards since I bought it a year ago, but that's all I'm gonna do to it besides a few other inexpensive cosmetics inside and out.

Actaully, I really don't plan on doing any performance/power/engine mods. on this car until after the warranty is done 4 years from now. That way I get the most out of the stock parts, have low miles still on the car (should be around 15K - 20K max by the time the warranty is over), then I can dig deep in my pockets and get brutal on it where the difference in power and performance will be quite noticeable - and a pleasure to experience.
I hear ya on the warranty. I'm not voiding mine, either. I didn't get an extended one, so mine will expire next April. I average in the 3000 miles/ year range. I had 3800 miles when I stored it last winter, but it came with 550 miles. Right now, I'm at about 6800 miles. I figured on some minor cosmetic mods throughout the summer, too. But next winter, I'll throw some long tubes on her, and the E-Force the following winter. I also see what you're saying on the toys. I got 2 other vehicles, the ATV, motorcycle, and the RV Trailer. Stuff ain't cheap!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #64
D Day Dog

Yeah, ya sound like the typical AK guy too with the full toy box. My toys are mostly all summer stuff. Been a long winter. Can't wait to go play with them.

There are some interior door panels that easily change out with the stock ones are made with trim sections to match your IBM color. There is also something similar for the dash I'm considering too. Adds that "matching" interior touch to your outside paint. Beyond that, maybe some different floor mats (custom made) - and perhaps a different sound system. I didn't get the premium sound due to reports that the speakers were crap and blew up a lot. Not really into having a thumper box (can't hear worth a shit anyway) or anything that takes up space unnecessarily, but a nicer sound system would be appreciated. A Bose system like the one in my Aramada would be the shit, but waaaaay pricey and not in this years budget for sure.

Other than those things - it's a 4 years wait for me before I do any other mods. to this car.

Take care and hope to see ya on the road !!!