Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-12-2024, 05:19 PM   #127
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Impressive amount of work in such a short period of time! You did great job!

Sounds like you have some solid gains, and NVH often gets sacrificed in the pursuit of gains.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:59 AM   #128
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Thanks, both my body and soul are sore and bruised so I'm glad I can feel those gains, as for nvh, having driven it a bit more it's right at the edge of what I would consider acceptable, I think when the spherical bushings blow out on toe rods and trailing arms I might look into poly bushing rod ends to replace those, I think that would make it just right, but I'm sure I'll get more used to it.

Also tried doing some hard turns around neighborhoods to see if I can break traction and it just refuses, car is glued on the roads which is sweet, but now I'm getting thrown out of my seat, I'm not ready to let go of the heated function or easy access to rear seats yet though so bracing on trim bits it is.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:55 AM   #129
SlowLS1

Spherical bearings are tough to tolerate on the street. I wouldn't blame you for changing back to poly.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:46 PM   #130
Eddymel1998

Not much been happening with car lately, but I'm trying to figure out this dimple that formed right above my licence plate, I noticed it a year, year and a half or so ago, when washing the car, thought it was some kind of molding thing from GM, but it's been slowly becoming brown like rust over past half a year or so, anyone know what it is exactly?
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2024, 07:58 PM   #131
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Check your tag light bulbs. These cars had issues where the bracket the holds the bulb could break and allow the bulb to fall against the bumper and burn a hole. This is the first thread I found but there are other threads on this issue.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427642
Old 03-12-2024, 06:02 AM   #132
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Check your tag light bulbs. These cars had issues where the bracket the holds the bulb could break and allow the bulb to fall against the bumper and burn a hole. This is the first thread I found but there are other threads on this issue.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427642
Interesting, sounds plausible!

@OP, let us know what you find!
Old 03-12-2024, 10:40 AM   #133
Eddymel1998

Damn, guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, hopefully the rear is as easy to take off as the front.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:48 AM   #134
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
Damn, guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, hopefully the rear is as easy to take off as the front.
Its not that bad. Pulling on the push clips and the bumper Popping off is the most stressful part. It feels like you are breaking something and then it just lets go... If I remember right installing it was actually harder for me then removing it. Pushing it back in those clips takes a bit of effort. Good luck! Now we are all going to be going in the garage and checking our license plate bulbs. LMAO!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:07 PM   #135
Eddymel1998

Haven't had a chance to take the bumper off yet, but man the rear suspension is driving me nuts, the rear left is squeaking and clicking at almost constant rate at lower speeds, it's like someone is just rattling a tool box back there, I've been in the wheel wells few times now checking to make sure no bolts are loose and I'm pretty sure it's the spherical bushings on the roe rod on the left but I'm not 100% because I can't recreate it without the car moving, I've tried various greases and lubricants and I think it goes away for few days but then comes back. Could also be something related to me putting the eccentric bolt in the other way, or me over tightening the end links but I legitimately don't know. I did manage to get thread size and pitch on the end links from BMR, might start looking for poly replacements sooner then later.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:26 AM   #136
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
Haven't had a chance to take the bumper off yet, but man the rear suspension is driving me nuts, the rear left is squeaking and clicking at almost constant rate at lower speeds, it's like someone is just rattling a tool box back there, I've been in the wheel wells few times now checking to make sure no bolts are loose and I'm pretty sure it's the spherical bushings on the roe rod on the left but I'm not 100% because I can't recreate it without the car moving, I've tried various greases and lubricants and I think it goes away for few days but then comes back. Could also be something related to me putting the eccentric bolt in the other way, or me over tightening the end links but I legitimately don't know. I did manage to get thread size and pitch on the end links from BMR, might start looking for poly replacements sooner then later.
I had the spherical heim joints in my toe rods and had the same issue. Drove me nuts, so I swapped it out to the arms with the poly bushings. I will say though, that i contacted BMR about the problem and they sent me a replacement heim joint that was substantially quieter. I think that they are just inherently noisy though. More so designed for heavy/extreme use, vs. Daily driver comfort. My advice, buy the poly bushing version and post the others for sale. You will recoup most of your money back and get the results you want.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:21 AM   #137
Eddymel1998

So an update on the bumper burn hole, this weekend had some time, popped the light casing, I fumbled it, whole thing dropped and shattered into bits on the floor, guessing the heat made it all brittle over time, could snap it apart by hand
Name:  PXL_20240407_183746489.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  260.7 KB
Light itself was loose in the bumper and the bulb lodged itself into the cover from the back, it melted good ways in guessing it's been at it for a long time
Name:  PXL_20240407_184027609~2.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  117.9 KBName:  PXL_20240407_184122314.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  107.1 KB
Popped the bulb out filled the concetor with dialectic grease and sealed with electrical tape, then zip tied to the other light so it wouldn't get lost in the bumper while I look for replacement.
Name:  PXL_20240407_185724030.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  81.8 KB
Got the two new bulb casings ordered, about $15-20 a pop and some new LED bulbs, other casing was still in one piece but had a crack through it so figured might be worth doing as well. For now this is what I'm driving with, can't see it very much but still feels a bit trashy. Also excuse how dirty the car is, pollen has been brutal past few weeks.
Name:  PXL_20240407_190111573.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  167.3 KB
Old 04-08-2024, 11:26 AM   #138
SlowLS1

Glad you figured it out. Did you already buy a new housing? If not I may have one you can have. Let me know.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #139
Eddymel1998

Yeah I bought a set, was nearly ready to jump on here and ask who has one because only options I was finding were the whole harness assembly for $80 but found part# 23388071 that should hopefully work
Old 04-08-2024, 02:10 PM   #140
SlowLS1

Good deal