Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
mobo

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
Won't start after sitting in the cold weather

Two days, no progress

Last week, when we got the first bit of snow here in Ohio, I came out to the camaro to go home after the car had been parked in the parking lot all day, and it wouldn't start. To me, it felt like a dead battery because I didn't hear it cranking or any parts moving. Then a message popped up on the dash saying "service parking assist". So I got out and brushed the snow off of the bumper and windshield and thought I'd give it one more try before calling onstar. It started right up. I decided to call onstar anyways and they said to take it to the dealer right away.

The dealer couldn't get me in for four days. It happened twice more during those days and one time the radio display wouldn't work as described in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48186

I dropped off the car yesterday morning and they sent me off in a Malibu telling me that they'd call once they figured it out. The guy said that they'd have to make a call in to "technical assistance" since it seemed like a computer-related problem and that it would be a few hours before those guys got in.

Since then, I've had to call them for status updates on the car. So far they've been able to reproduce the problem but doesn't sound like they've made any progress on fixing it. Meanwhile, I've been checking the onstar application for my iphone and have seen that they've put 4 miles on it (don't need to drive it at all to reproduce the problem). I've just gotten off the phone with him again and he says that they're still trying to get help from technical assistance and some excuse about the Camaro's being new and nobody there knowing what the problem might be.

1. Has anybody had a similar problem to this?
2. Is the dealer treating me right? Doesn't seem like they should be driving my car at all and the technical assist thing seems like a lame excuse...

Thanks!
-Michael
mobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
You ought to try troubleshooting intermittent problems, it isn't easy or fun. No one wants to waste time searching for a phantom problem when they can be making money working on broken cars. So to me the technical assist thing is legit. And I also find it acceptable to test drive your car to see if there are other symptoms that could help lead to your problem. If you asked for them not to then that would be different.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Dealer warranty problem
Old 12-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
really dont want to mention this but if they dont fix it...... LEMON?
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
mobo

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
Update

They've had it since Tuesday... Kind of irked at the service guy for not calling me and keeping me in the loop. I've had to call him every time.

They think it's the powertrain control module that is the cause of the problem. At one point last week they thought it might be the on-star computer system, but by the next day they had debunked that and were back to the pcm.

They ordered a new module Friday. Should be here tomorrow, hopefully it will get resolved this week.

Do they sound like they're on the right track? I'll post updates here as I get them in case anyone else has this problem in the future...

-Michael
mobo is offline   Reply With Quote