Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #253
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION TURBO View Post
Hello.

We have had customers relocate the fuse box to the trunk. As a manufacturer, it is our policy to keep all electrical modifications to a minimum. This is why the fuse box is near the factory location. That being said, the box can be moved if done correctly and all connections are made. That modification is up to the consumer. We have a multitude of systems on the road with the box in our specified location with no issues, so it comes down to preference.

If anyone has any questions please contact us at tech@hellionpowersystems.com or 505-873-4670.

Team Hellion
I am sorry if I am coming off as an unsatisfied customer, I am not. I absolutely love my kit. Regarding the fuse box I am fairly sure every customer who buys this knows it is the weak point of the whole shebang. I understand the reasons for leaving the fuse box where it is, cost and simplicity are huge factors. That being said in a kit thats big draw over other twin turbo kits is the aesthetics having the fuse box in its current location is a turn off. I also dont like having it that close to a major heat source. Im not expecting any problems out of the current location but it just doesn't feel finished to me having it where it is at.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #254
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
I am sorry if I am coming off as an unsatisfied customer, I am not. I absolutely love my kit. Regarding the fuse box I am fairly sure every customer who buys this knows it is the weak point of the whole shebang. I understand the reasons for leaving the fuse box where it is, cost and simplicity are huge factors. That being said in a kit thats big draw over other twin turbo kits is the aesthetics having the fuse box in its current location is a turn off. I also dont like having it that close to a major heat source. Im not expecting any problems out of the current location but it just doesn't feel finished to me having it where it is at.
I 100% agree. I am really happy with the kit. It sounds badass while driving too.

As far as how the relocation was done, I would have my installer explain. Moving it to the bumper is the easiest and quickest way we thought. We also compared my inter fender with a 2014 and it was different...I have a really early production 2010 so that might be it.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #255
RR
Nie

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Anybody have any videos of them doing WOT pulls with the kit? Or any drive by videos? Thanks
Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 AM   #256
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_TINHO View Post
I 100% agree. I am really happy with the kit. It sounds badass while driving too.

As far as how the relocation was done, I would have my installer explain. Moving it to the bumper is the easiest and quickest way we thought. We also compared my inter fender with a 2014 and it was different...I have a really early production 2010 so that might be it.
My only concern with the bumper location would be there rare times you get caught in the rain. Those boxes are made to be 100% waterproof.

I suppose it doesn't much matter, but a re-do for me would be somewhere in the interior of the car.

The trunk?!?! Well, that seems a little extreme.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #257
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
Thank you.

We understand that the fuse box location once the turbos are installed is not the same as stock, but given the challenges in packaging two turbos of that size, we decided leaving it in its current location was the best option. If we directed our customers to start splicing wires as part of the installation, in our opinion, that would be a weaker link in the system than where we have it currently.

Fuse box relocation is definitely an option for those who want to do it, as long as there is an understanding that it needs to be done with care to insure proper operation afterwards.

If anyone would like to discuss these options please feel free to contact us.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #258
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Thank you.

We understand that the fuse box location once the turbos are installed is not the same as stock, but given the challenges in packaging two turbos of that size, we decided leaving it in its current location was the best option. If we directed our customers to start splicing wires as part of the installation, in our opinion, that would be a weaker link in the system than where we have it currently.

Fuse box relocation is definitely an option for those who want to do it, as long as there is an understanding that it needs to be done with care to insure proper operation afterwards.

If anyone would like to discuss these options please feel free to contact us.
Thinking of it from a business logic, it would make more sense for the relocation not to be a part of the installation because it complicates the install. Complicating the install turns customers away.

With that said, I can understand. But with the huge PITA that the fuse box has been since my install, I would be a much happier customer if this was a 'communicated option' from Hellion, and from the beginning.

Like someone said before, I am by no means a complaining customer. Couldn't be happier with the kit.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #259
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Anybody have any videos of them doing WOT pulls with the kit? Or any drive by videos? Thanks
+1
Old 09-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #260
SS_TINHO

So I finished relocating the fuse box a few days ago and I'm finally driving it BUT, now I am having issues with my aftermarket valve cover. Under boost the cap flys off lol. Will be modifying the cover to take a screw on cap and make a bigger custom catch can so that it will help with all the blow by and oil situation. it's been frustrating getting the final touches done but for what I've seen the car will be insane once dialed in.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #261
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_TINHO View Post
So I finished relocating the fuse box a few days ago and I'm finally driving it BUT, now I am having issues with my aftermarket valve cover. Under boost the cap flys off lol. Will be modifying the cover to take a screw on cap and make a bigger custom catch can so that it will help with all the blow by and oil situation. it's been frustrating getting the final touches done but for what I've seen the car will be insane once dialed in.
Wow! That is a sweet looking setup.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #262
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I like this kit. Has anyone run one on the track yet? If so what was the ET?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #263
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Will you guys be developing a top mount turbo setup for the new 6th Gen camaro coming out this fall?
Old 09-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #264
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Will you guys be developing a top mount turbo setup for the new 6th Gen camaro coming out this fall?

Yes. We will plan a similar system for the new 6th Gen.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #265
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Yes. We will plan a similar system for the new 6th Gen.
I want the first one
Old 09-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #266
dhall1911

My friend has this kit. He put the fuse box in the trunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread