Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Need quick help!

Can someone tell me why my engine just over heated? I replaced my heater hoses with the metal ones so that it would look better. Now I'm sittin on the side of the road with an over heated engine! I checked for leaks already and there arnt any! The radiator is still filled with fluid! I don't understand!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
air bubble?
Old 11-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
Tonkin Chevrolet

Drives: Camaro
Only a couple of possibilities I can think of.

1. Did you purge the air out of your system after the installation?
2. Maybe a plug was disconnected for the electric fans by accident?

It’s really hard to tell when you can’t be there and I am sure you took care of number 1.
Tonkin Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Can someone tell me why my engine just over heated? I replaced my heater hoses with the metal ones so that it would look better. Now I'm sittin on the side of the road with an over heated engine! I checked for leaks already and there arnt any! The radiator is still filled with fluid! I don't understand!
Sounds like an air pocket. Air in the system will not allow proper coolant flow.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Silver Ice Man

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring limited edition
Dumb question here guys, but how do you purge the coolant system??
Hope I never have to drain it, but good to know in the event that it ever happens
Thanx
MODS: CIA cold air intake, Oil catch can, Dynatech LT Headers, Dynatech Power cats, Dynatech Cat back exhaust, Janetty racing tune, Vitesse throttle controller, Headlight and marker tint, more to follow....
Silver Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Cmlloveless

Thnx for the quick responses! I'm thinkin maybe it was an air pocket... I let it cool down for about 45 min reopened the radiator and the fluid level has dropped and inch or two... Thought I got it all out! Guess not! Good thing I still had a lttle fluid left in my trunk to top it off with! I was hoping there wasn't something I missed when I replaced the hoses!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
No worries same thing happened to me. I thought I had everything out but once that air pocket hits the pump... no more coolant flow.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
Cmlloveless

With these new cars and their computers I was waiting for someone to tell me I needed to change some perameters or something!