Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #29
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Maybe "bang for the buck" is a better term than "return on investment". A good Recaro seat will run about $2K and I would want two so that is looks like it belongs there so that is $4K in seats. I agree that ZL owners focus more on there engine compartments than other items so as one of "those guys" if I had $4K to spend on making my car go faster my opinion is that $4K under the hood makes a faster (more thrilling to drive) car than $4K in seats. Just my opinion. Again, I qualify that statement with the statement that my ZL will spend less than 5% of its time taking corners and 95% of its time going straight were the seat cushion in my back is the main thing I care about when I get on it. If I was a dedicated road racer I could quite possibly think much differently.

That makes perfect sense now that you have explained it. It would be a poor investment in your situation! No need for the seats. I am trying to do both get a great handling car for the road courses with more HP. My 1/4 mile days are long gone now, have fun for me!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
eightup

Drives: 2013 zl1
keyless entry push button start.
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
don't have my ZL1 yet, but i am a bit concerned about heat soak, so i got this on the backburner for right now: http://www.gettorq.com/store/chevrol...nger-fans.html, does anyone know if this will break OEM warranty? thks
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Intake systems provide pretty big gains on the ZL1. We offer ZL1 intake systems from Roto-Fab, K&N and Airaid. The Airaid intake system does require tuning though. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
With my 2012 Radio I would like to get rid of it. I think the 2013 radio upgrade would look better. I am thinking about getting the alpine 910 with a Metra kit. Who has knowledge about this set up.
I have the metra kit in mine, but with the Kenwood ddx719. No nav. Don't really
Need or want it.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #34
TORKED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Cam.
TORKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #35
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
The first thing I did was put paint protection film on the car everywhere possible, then Formula One-Pinnacle tint, including windshield. These are what I call nessesorys, protect the paint from rocks, and the interior from fading.

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
The two things I didn't like the most are:

1. Yellow incandescent DRL's and Fogs, these have been changed Plasma LED's from Iconic Designz to match the halo and HIDs on my car.

2. Those ugly yellow side markers on the front of the car. Also changed these out to the AAC ghosted ones.

Other things I don't care for is the radio sound, sounds like crap but seems replacing the amp helps alot so I'll try that. Since I have a 2012, not having the frameless mirror. Finally, not using a solid isolator in the supercharger.

So those are my biggest complaints. Since that's it, I'll just say otherwise I love my car. This picture, though not a camaro tells it right!
Name:  Not the Right Car.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  50.6 KB
Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #37
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
The two things I didn't like the most are:

1. Yellow incandescent DRL's and Fogs, these have been changed Plasma LED's from Iconic Designz to match the halo and HIDs on my car.

2. Those ugly yellow side markers on the front of the car. Also changed these out to the AAC ghosted ones.

Other things I don't care for is the radio sound, sounds like crap but seems replacing the amp helps alot so I'll try that. Since I have a 2012, not having the frameless mirror. Finally, not using a solid isolator in the supercharger.

So those are my biggest complaints. Since that's it, I'll just say otherwise I love my car. This picture, though not a camaro tells it right!
Attachment 476289

I just had to replace my supercharger under warranty...so not a fan of the 1.9 liter Eaton they used. Also that picture is classic! I ALWAYS find myself looking back and mumbling "what a bad ass ride" as I walk away from the car

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #38
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Kenwood 890hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseased Yak View Post
CAI is next on my list, Roto-Fab I'm sure.

I've already ripped the stock headunit and speakers out of my 2013 and replaced them. I couldn't stand it, but then I'm sensitive to such things and don't condemn anyone that thinks it's fine. I agree, though, on listening to the car so I keep things off usually, but if I'm on a hour+ trip I do want to hear some tunes.

I ended up going with the following:

Kenwood DNX890HD double-din head unit
Hertz "Mille" mids and tweeters
Hertz two-ways in the back
2x 10" Treo subs in a custom trunk enclosure
5 channel Treo amp (4x125 + 1x500w)

Went for sound quality over bass, though it will vibrate your teeth out if you want it to.
How you liking that head unit? I'm at a audio installers having it put in right now.Any problems pop up or things you discovered afterwards that were unexpected?