Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #29
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post

Now if we could only bring back more jobs from China. I'm sick of seeing anything and everything being made in China when we have millions of unemployed people here literally begging for work.
China routinely has a half-billion people or so on-standby; to cover sick-outs. They could theoretically absorb every job here, above the level of disinterested convenience store clerk, with the aid of India and some other players along the Pacific Rim and really put the screws to us. China aims to break the American hegemony prevalent since our 'victory' in WWII. What the U.S. needs is some basic protectionism, as have Korea, China itself and India in place. We're up against primarily ancient, homogeneous societies that have long memories and agendas.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #30
aircooled

Drives: 2005 Chevy Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
I went and bought my car yesterday. Anyways, when I was there, my salesman told me that behind the dealer they have a quarter million dollars worth of clunkers that they have not see a penny on yet.

In addition, a local toyota dealership has about 12 million dollars in clunkers that they have not seen a penny on yet.

So, while sales may be up, dealerships are not recouping those costs yet.
And they won't recoup any of that cost until the car is shredded and they must have the correct proof stating the car was indeed shredded and not parted out. And I don't know about else where but the two places that shred the cars around here can't keep up, I think I read they can do about 10 cars a day thats in nothing goes wrong.
aircooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #31
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Hey, Japan LOVES CASH FOR CLUNKERS!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote