Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Missfire with no codes

I have a 2010 SS I could use some input on. I have a random misfire that feels like a bad spark plug wire but I'm not getting any codes. Cruising down the interstate you can feel the random miss, feels just like a plug wire arching. Sometimes it idles rough but full throttle it hits on all 8. I have replaced the plugs and wires but still have the miss. It has never triggered the check engine light so I really have nothing to go on as far as which cylinder. The car has 24,000 miles. The only mods are a Hypertech Max energy tuner (just put the latest update in with no difference in miss), a K&N air intake, JET airflow meter, and Pypes cat back exhaust. I'm trying to sell the car and want this problem fixed. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Last edited by Oldrocker; 06-02-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
put the stock air flow meter back on and see what happens.
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
2014CamaroSSRS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS
get rid of that JET garbage and put the stock MAF sensor back in..

bad bad bad.. Aftermarket MAF sensors do not report true, correct information to the pcm... aftermarket MAF sensor calibrations fool the pcm into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is, so when trying to tune it and adjust the fueling correctly, it will never really be right/correct, because that aftermarket MAF sensor is not reporting true/accurate info to begin with... Plus, they usually cause idle and driveability issues.. once you put your stock GM MAF sensor back on, I'm sure you'll notice it idles and drives much smoother...

Plus, the stock GM MAF sensors are good for 600+ hp anyway, so there is no reason to change it... So put the stock GM MAF sensor back on... If you don't have it anymore, then get one... ;-)
2014CamaroSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote